Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Help new to game class help

CalmZeus
CalmZeus
✭✭✭
So I made magic templar thinking easy Pve. But now I'm lvl 44 and don't feel the class any more. Can some of the experience player help me pick a class and race. I never really like magic based classes any game and I like to go melee or bow.

What class has good dots and some healing and is Stam based?

Sorry for bad english.
Edited by CalmZeus on October 9, 2017 6:50AM
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard or Khajiit
    Nightblade if you want to be more "roughish"
    Dragonknight if you want to be more of a "bruiser"
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could just respec your magplar to a stamplar.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any class can be both magicka based or stamina based. Most stamina based versions of their class will use weapons and stamina morphs of skills, whereas the magicka based version mostly use staffs and the magicka morph of skills.

So you could easily respec your Templar into weapons and stamina morphs.

I don't have much experience with nightblades or templars, so I'll talk more about Dragonknights and Sorcerers.

Magicka Dragonknights tend to be all fire, group buffs, crowd control and more fire. Stamina Dragonknights have a lot of poison morphs and plenty of DOTs from the poison. They've got plenty of resistances and some healing as well from Green Dragon Blood. I'm seen some good Stam DK builds for trials so there's plenty of DPS potential if you can get your rotation down right. If you want to use plenty of class skills in addition to weapon skills, Stam DKs have plenty of good class skills to use for more poison.

Magicka Sorcerers have their lightning AOEs, pets, and shields, shields, shields to get them through content. Stamina Sorcerers have similar AOEs (Hurricane is the best!) plus the resistances from Hurricane and the healing from Crit surge (heals on a critical hit) to wade into melee range without fear. I love my stam sorcs and after I get Hurricane morphed leveling becomes a breeze. I typically run a Dual Wield/Bow bar on my main stam sorc for the DOT of endless hail and poison arrow. The stam sorc is a little low on using actual "class skills" but hurricane and crit surge are necessary and amazing skills for it.

Of the two, I prefer the stamina sorcerer for all around survivability while still dishing out the damage, but I also recognize that for me, the stamina sorcerer is an easy mode to play. Stamina DK took a little more managing and awareness of the DOTs on multiple enemies.
  • CalmZeus
    CalmZeus
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys i have decided to go Stam sorc. Right now lvl 26. khajiit .

thanks again guys
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit stam sorcs are way fun. Enjoy.