The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Build Help = Resource Taker

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
The last time i asked for help in here i got some awesome feedback on how to play my magplar! Inside the box ideas and creative stuff too!

I was wondering; what would be the perfect build for taking resources FAST, what would it look like.

Edited by generalmyrick on October 8, 2017 1:53AM
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there a better place to post this?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of your typical builds can take a resource pretty quickly and easily tbh. In CP campaigns anyway.

On a magplar just prox det > jabs on the flag then reflective light > beam the mage guard up top... wouldn't matter that much what you wear tbh, like I don't think resources are that hard to take. Maybe pop mutagen on yourself and use resto ult before going in to help survive while getting rid of the guards on the flag as fast as possible.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the badass theory crafters!? heloooooooooooooooooooooooo (echoooooooooooooooooooo)????

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the badass theory crafters!? heloooooooooooooooooooooooo (echoooooooooooooooooooo)????

whatcha wearing now, mundus, food/drink?

taking resources is more about technique though...that and the destro ult...

so you have a basic strategy for taking resources?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

whatcha wearing now, mundus, food/drink?

taking resources is more about technique though...that and the destro ult...

so you have a basic strategy for taking resources?

@geonsocal

I've been experimenting!

Here is my start point
    tristat food
    apprentice stone
    durok bane and assassin
    ++++++++++++++
    solo = enter tower, kill the top mage, destro the flag, jump down and finish the flag guards if necessary.
    Edited by generalmyrick on October 8, 2017 8:49AM

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer my sorc for resources. I just run in, dodge roll a couple times into the tower, take out the guard and mender that follow me, kill the mage up top, and then negate the 4 flag guards and kill em. Ezpz.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer my sorc for resources. I just run in, dodge roll a couple times into the tower, take out the guard and mender that follow me, kill the mage up top, and then negate the 4 flag guards and kill em. Ezpz.

i love it, im just trying to do this like a race where every single fraction of a second matters.

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming you are using your magplar there are literally hundreds of gear combos that will work for resources. You could go all damage with war maiden and julianos and use recovery mundus. Other sets like spinners, shacklebreaker, and kags are also good.

The important thing is to put out a lot of AOE damage. Throw a blazing spear at the flag, reflective light for dot and damage boost, toppling charge in, throw down wall of elements, and then use sweeps to finish them off.

Next patch solar barrage is being changed to an aoe over time so you could also add that to melt them down quicker.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The amount of time it takes for the flags to flip is the biggest limiter to solo taking resources. Getting the guards dead just requires any high dps build that doesn't rely on anything the guards can eclipse and sufficient stamina to break chain CCs.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    The amount of time it takes for the flags to flip is the biggest limiter to solo taking resources. Getting the guards dead just requires any high dps build that doesn't rely on anything the guards can eclipse and sufficient stamina to break chain CCs.

I've always been bugged by the flag timer "penalty" for solo players...particularly with the imperial city flags...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭

This. Plus take into consideration level 5 resources will always be more time consuming with the npcs at their toughest. You could use immov pots and just yolo onto the flag and spam jabs, ult bomb the cluster that follow if you feel it necessary. But the tedious part is always just standing on the flag waiting for it to flip.
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

I've always been bugged by the flag timer "penalty" for solo players...particularly with the imperial city flags...

I'm okay with it taking a long time -- it gives people a chance to arrive and defend. I'm NOT okay with the way they flip faster for larger groups.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The flip speed is capped at 6 players which is pretty balanced imo.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destro ult+puncturing sweep on flag guards, the rest die easily. I usually herd them together for more efficiency. Purifying and Reflective light on the mage on top then finish with radiant oppression. Fast and effective.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah gear is pretty much any is ok considering you've probably built for cyrodil anyway
    Resources are a mini strategy game and you can change it up whichever way you want sometimes they're more fun than Cyrotanks online :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade