The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zos why do you overprice mounts so much?

karrie7
karrie7
✭✭✭
Paying 15 euro for a single mount is so much..I wanted to buy one of the upcoming guar ones since I didnt get any mount from the 30 crates I opened, but that price prohibits me.You get greedier everyday and lose customers because of that.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as people keep investing money into those crates , ZoS is not going to change their market strategy . The more you buy does not mean the more items you want are won . It's all RNG , completely random . As a consumer you have one power . Only buy what is affordable to you and for direct purchase if you want to avoid the lottery .

I'll tell you what doesn't work , complaining to ZoS . It's never worked .
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    karrie7 wrote: »
    Paying 15 euro for a single mount is so much..I wanted to buy one of the upcoming guar ones since I didnt get any mount from the 30 crates I opened, but that price prohibits me.You get greedier everyday and lose customers because of that.

You answered your own question. ZoS feels they can make better money, more money with the high price sale of vanity items.
  • karrie7
    karrie7
    ✭✭✭
    Queo wrote: »

You answered your own question. ZoS feels they can make better money, more money with the high price sale of vanity items.

I wont buy them at this price so they lose money when they overprice staff.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also the pricing of the limited houses for only crowns that which in total is around 120-150$ most of the time without crown sales is just way to much, this month I spent about 78$ total on 3 games, but one is just an expac but a very big one for Grim Dawn.

Destiny 2 = 0$ / used WoW tokens (with in game gold)
    Grim Dawn Expansion = 18$
    AC Origins = 60$

I basically bought 3 full games about for no where near the price of a virtual house.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2k crowns for a horse with a different skin texture. I mean c'mon model is just the same!
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Chakei
    Chakei
    ✭✭✭
    This is the cheapest mount they've had in awhile and people are still complaining?
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chakei wrote: »
    This is the cheapest mount they've had in awhile and people are still complaining?

Because this mount is no more than a re-colour of already existing cheaper models, and doesn't have any special effects or animations - which are things the more expensive mounts do get, to justify their price. So a lot of people are hesitant to pay 2K for a new skin on a horse that doesn't differ from their current ones in any other way than colour.. and I like the colours on my Piebald Destrier better anyway.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Chakei
    Chakei
    ✭✭✭
    They're all the same with different skins and they always have been. 2k crowns is absolutely nothing when most of the mounts lately have been 3k or above. The wooshy sound and blue lights made the price of the dro'mathra senche worth it? The frosty breath of the frost mare made all the difference? Can't say it did for me so I didn't buy them, but to each their own.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chakei wrote: »
    They're all the same with different skins and they always have been. 2k crowns is absolutely nothing when most of the mounts lately have been 3k or above. The wooshy sound and blue lights made the price of the dro'mathra senche worth it? The frosty breath of the frost mare made all the difference? Can't say it did for me so I didn't buy them, but to each their own.

Well, it's priced closer to the Nightmare Courser (2,5K) than the Piebald Destrier (0,9K) even though the former actually does have nice effects. And it has a striking resemblance to the latter while it doesn't add anything to justify the extra 1100 crowns. But I agree that it's all very subjective and what may be worth it to some, won't be to others. For me, the new mount is not appealing at all since it very much resembles one I already have (and one I find more visually appealing) but you're right - to each their own. Do need to give props to ZOS for pricing their pony pet the way they did - I actually expected it to be much more expensive and was pleasantly surprised to see that it has the same price as most of the pets from the store. Won't be getting it, but still. :)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭

But you already bought 30 crates... So they have your money already
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    2k crowns for a horse with a different skin texture. I mean c'mon model is just the same!

The original senche model was 2.5k crowns I believe. Its the only mount I bought and now after 2 years of playing, I'm gonna buy that Shadowghost one. Looks way too cool even though its just a reskin.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭

Oh? they do? Are you sure?

(I know this is SUPER simple, im not going to bust out the latin and weird math, and super secrete handshake to explain marketing. Im just busting it out barney style, as my Drill SGTs would say)

Lets say an widget cost 3.00 to make, and the company prices at 7.00
    3 people are looking to buy it, 1 person say its to much id pay 4 but not 7. the other 2 people buy it at 7. Giving the company 8 dollars of profit. Sure they only sold to 66% of the market, but they made a good profit.

If the company priced it at 4, they would only get 3 dollars of profit. Sure they sold to all 3 people, 100% markets saturation but much less profit.

Lets say 2 people said no not worth is at 7. So now the company is forced to lower the price. They drop it from 7 to 5. All 3 people buy then, giving them a 6 dollar profit. Still more then 4 dollars with 100% of the market, but not as much as 8.

The pointing being the company is not going to chase 100% of the buyers. They will chase profit.

#ruleofacquisition
    Edited by Queo on October 6, 2017 2:43PM
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you (as a business) could make $10,000.00 dollar more, but lose 10 customers, would you do it?

Edit: Corrected number format.
    Edited by Rouven on October 6, 2017 7:34PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price is putting me off getting the horse too. It's nice, but (with the increase in crown prices in the UK) it costs the same as my clouded leopard-senche and I'm not sure it's worth as much...especially when I already feel like I may have too many horses.

That and over the last few months I've randomly found myself wishing I'd bought the dapple grey palfrey when it was available and I feel like this horse might just be similar enough to make me think of it every time I'm riding it, and it will feel like a substitution.
    Rouven wrote: »
    If you (as a business) could make $10.000 dollar more, but lose 10 customers, would you do it?

It took me ages to realise that wasn't a decimal point and you mean $10,000 and not $10.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    The price is putting me off getting the horse too. It's nice, but (with the increase in crown prices in the UK) it costs the same as my clouded leopard-senche and I'm not sure it's worth as much...especially when I already feel like I may have too many horses.

That and over the last few months I've randomly found myself wishing I'd bought the dapple grey palfrey when it was available and I feel like this horse might just be similar enough to make me think of it every time I'm riding it, and it will feel like a substitution.
    Rouven wrote: »
    If you (as a business) could make $10.000 dollar more, but lose 10 customers, would you do it?

It took me ages to realise that wasn't a decimal point and you mean $10,000 and not $10.

Well I would have only used two zeros in that case but you are correct of course!

One of the habits that is hard to change.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    not-sure-if-this-is-greed-or-just-plain-stupidity-thumb.jpg

Well, I supose it´s greed...
  • Bajlk
    Bajlk
    ✭✭✭
    Recoloring mounts need alot of effort and work!
  • Delgent
    Delgent
    ✭✭✭
    I bought it, and am glad I did. Why? I knew exactly what I was getting for my crowns (I don't play the crates scam), and it doesn't have any of the My Little Pony sparkle "stuff" that most new mounts seem to have. It's just a solid, good looking horse with an interesting little back story.

I have mostly taken the Piebald Express when travelling, but will be mixing it up with the Shadowghost Limited moving forward.

To live for good is to die in the name of honor.
    SEEK AND DESTROY
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mounts are worth what customers are willing to spend on it (btw I don't buy mounts)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

...you spent 10k crowns on RNG boxes, but 2k on a sure thing makes you balk?

Like, I enjoy crown crates myself, but that's the attitude that makes more and more end up in them (and less and less end up as a direct offer).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reason for them to not be high-priced.... they're an entirely un-needed/optional cosmetic. Typically the most expensive thing in MMO's cash shops. Exactly because they're a non-necessary luxury item. /shrug
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they explored the Laffer curve a bit more. A lower price results in enough extra sales that profit goes up, that sort of thing. I know I would have bought the dark elk for 2500, but not 4000. Or maybe they are at the peak of the curve. Who knows?

What really bugs me is the limited time sales. I know it feeds the ego of some (which I don't really get), but I'm interested in role playing. I like to have my characters totally coordinated in race, name, armor style, character build, mount and pet. When the Warden came out I made an ice themed character. The ice horse would have been perfect, but, nope, can't buy it anymore. I used the Imperial white horse, but it just wasn't the same. I would love a tab in the shop with a text list of everything ever sold previously.

Hey, make it an ESO+ perk. There ya go.