Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Shadowghost Horse & Shadowghost Pony Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms) - Oct. 5 to Oct. 9

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
The mysterious Shadowghost Horse and Pony are no ordinary beasts. Starting today, you can own one of these rare and beautiful horses!

MOUNT
Shadowghost Horse
247231d999ffbe3fe873a810c3fbaf16.jpg

Shadowghost Horses are never bred, only found, and then only on misty nights when both moons are dark. Then they are summoned from beyond by hooded Shadowghost Wranglers, roped and saddled and broken for riding by ordinary mortals. No, really!

The Shadowghost Horse will be available on all platforms for a limited time, from October 5 to October 9, and costs 2,000 crowns.

PET
Shadowghost Pony
455b09a1c39559a7183a56e449fa9550.jpg

Are they real pets, or the stuff of dreams? It's said that to catch a Shadowghost Pony, one should seek out a cemetery on a dark night during Witches Festival and wait quietly near the grave of a child. Bring a carrot or sweet apple.

The Shadowghost Pony will be available on all platforms for a limited time, from October 5 to October 9, and costs 700 crowns.

Will the Shadowghost Horse and Pony join you for mischief and adventure this Witches Festival? Show us your screenshots here or on Twitter!
Jessica Folsom
Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the pet one is wonderfull.
    definitely a head turner.
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice price points! Though I still probably won't be buying any of these. Granted, they're selling four of these sets of mounts/pets during the month, so it will still cost quite a bit if someone wants more than one. So, the lower price point is on the one hand a way to "encourage" folks to purchase more than one "set," but still it's nice to see them offered for less than the "usual" 2500 and 1000 Crown price points.

Dreading seeing the interior chamber of Dreloth Tomb full of ponies while I'm farming. :D
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2k for a standard horse?

What makes this worth more than the almost identical Piebald Destrier? I mean am I seriously missing something or did we really get a standard no special effects horse priced at 2k?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Stonyfoot
    Stonyfoot
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    2k for a standard horse?

What makes this worth more than the almost identical Piebald Destrier? I mean am I seriously missing something or did we really get a standard no special effects horse priced at 2k?

It's extra moldy. No other horse can do that.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU!

I finally got the pony I always wanted, and I'm a sucker for horse mounts!

Too bad we can't force daylight in game ;)
    ixIczuC.png

@Turelus It's "limited time". Maybe I'm wrong, but only limited time mount I recall being less that 2k was the Zombie Horse.. the 2nd time it came to the store. (Was 2500 the first time)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just waiting on the shadow senche and wolf.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2k for a standard horse?

Yeah...I guess when you compare it to the standard horses in the crown store at 900, then 2000 is a bit high for limited time. I was just thinking of the price in comparison to all the senche recolors and sabrecats and wolves, which were all 2500. But, in comparison to the senche still in the store (1800) it's only 700 crowns higher. So, by that pattern a limited time horse recolor should be only 1600.

I guess we'll have to see if all the mounts are at 2000 or if some are higher. I think I recall the limited guar being 1800, which is only 500 over the 1300 CS price. So, by that pattern, the limited horse should only be 1400.

Well...I think the pony is ok at 700 - hasn't been another one before and most of the limited pets were 1000.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 5, 2017 6:59PM
    Options
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the pony and noted that it has a very different gait from normal horse mounts. Has anyone tested the horse to see if it has different animations?
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it has the same glitchy run speed like every other mount, is that every going to get fixed?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is nice that they are doing "normal" horses, for a change. No smoke, or lightning bolts, or oozing pus, or anything glitzy.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when will the hrose with nice armor be avaiable?
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They both have beautiful coloring.
    I thought I would like the pony, but turns out it has that same open mouth that the mounts have. Horses do not stand with their mouths hanging open. I don't know why your artist insists on doing this. :/

It would be wonderful if the person who designed those beautiful, realistic senches re-sculpted the horses' faces.

Edited by SydneyGrey on October 6, 2017 4:30AM
    Options
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    They both have beautiful coloring.
    I thought I would like the pony, but turns out it has that same open mouth that the mounts have. Horses do not stand with their mouths hanging open. I don't know why your artist insists on doing this. :/

It would be wonderful if the person who designed those beautiful, realistic senches re-sculpted the horses' faces.

First thing I noticed about the pony pet was the mouth hanging open. There are horses that do that in real life, but it's usually when they are relaxed/dozing off, and it's more just the bottom lip hanging loose rather than a forced creepy-looking smile thing going on lol.

Anyway, the horse is beautiful and I'm quite happy with that purchase. It's actually so nice that I don't care so much anymore that I didn't get the plague husk horse or cinder wolf from my crown crates.
    NA PS4
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    2k for a standard horse?

Yeah...I guess when you compare it to the standard horses in the crown store at 900, then 2000 is a bit high for limited time. I was just thinking of the price in comparison to all the senche recolors and sabrecats and wolves, which were all 2500. But, in comparison to the senche still in the store (1800) it's only 700 crowns higher. So, by that pattern a limited time horse recolor should be only 1600.

I guess we'll have to see if all the mounts are at 2000 or if some are higher. I think I recall the limited guar being 1800, which is only 500 over the 1300 CS price. So, by that pattern, the limited horse should only be 1400.

Well...I think the pony is ok at 700 - hasn't been another one before and most of the limited pets were 1000.
    Gave you an insightful as this is some interesting info. I might actually go make a spreadsheet some time comparing all the mounts and see what effects are valued at what.

Although honestly from watching the Store since it was launched I really haven't seen a pattern to any pricing, just seems to be whatever they think they can get away with that month. :confused:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The horse looks so close to to the Piebald Destrier - 900 crowns.

e5963517d2d80eb173cb0d8bba1c457a.jpg

So you add 1100 crowns for a white mane and the title "limited time offer".

That's my opinion. But I got the pony, that one is unique and priced pretty much like the others.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

That's my opinion. But I got the pony, that one is unique and priced pretty much like the others.

@Rouven And blue eyes.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@Rouven And blue eyes.

Agreed. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice horse. I am most likely just not enough of a horse fan to justify that price.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An entire pony. And the welwa pet has to remain so puny? Smh
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, no. You obviously haven't examined them side-by-side. I have. Their coloring is very, very different.
    Options