The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Taunting Blood Spawn

Loves_guars
Loves_guars
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

I just tanked vet Spindleclutch II and when trying to taunt Blood Spawn the taunt wouldn't activate. I tried with both melee and ranged taunts. I have the "tank" addon that shows you the time under the target and it would't even appear, the boss would chase a DPS. I asked him if he was using ice staff he said no. (Maybe he was trolling? He said it was flame but I couldn't notice)

(The taunt worked at the beggining, it was after a while that the issue started)

Anyone knows if there is some kind of bug with the boss? :|

Thanks
Edited by Loves_guars on October 5, 2017 2:48AM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most likely he was using an Ice Staff, you'll lose taunt when it goes to bash the ground but it should return to you if aggro is still up. Or as pugs do the weirdest things, was running inner fire. Did you notice any synergy on the boss at all?
    Edited by DRXHarbinger on October 5, 2017 10:06AM
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely he was using an Ice Staff, you'll lose taunt when it goes to bash the ground but it should return to you if aggro is still up. Or as pugs do the weirdest things, was running inner fire. Did you notice any synergy on the boss at all?

Mmmm maybe, I was too desperate spamming taunt to notice anything :D . But yes you are right the behavior was exactly as if there was another taunt. I'll retry today, this time with my friends. Thanksss

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An addon showing buffs and debuffs would indicate if the boss is taunt immune with an orangish icon with a line running through it.

test on a dummy with a friend cross taunting so you can see exactly what the icon looks like for future occurrences. I've had a few dps taunt off me with an ice staff.
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may add a story to that:

Me (tank): "You know why you keep dying all the time ?"
    Random Healer using frost staff HAs all the time: "Because tank isn't doing his job"

Now you know why there is an ignore list in this game.
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)