The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Server Idea. Cyrodiil Maps instanced like One Tamriel Overland Zones

Alucu
Alucu
✭✭✭
Hi there, as some of you may know, before One Tamriel any overland zone had 3 different versions of the same map, one for each alliance. After One Tamriel came out however, it seems that there's still different versions of the same map. Although the criteria that determines in which version you are eludes me. Perhaps is rng?

Thing is, maybe instead of servers (Empty 7 days and Crowded 30 days) we could have the same for Cyrodiil, instanced versions of the map where you never know who are you going to fight and when. Although group play would have to be worked on in order to allow friends and guildies to play together in the same version of the map. (Of course CP and NO CP separated versions)

Any constructive criticism or problems that may have escaped me?

Thanks in advance :)
Edited by Alucu on October 4, 2017 7:46PM
Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would lead to a lot of confusion when life bars started floating around but you couldn't see the player avatars. Instances were pretty frustrating to deal with in the overland map and I can't see Zos putting that in Cyrodiil.
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Different campaigns already serve as intances :) tho i see where you are going with this, but having it randomized would mean that somone putting effort into capturing a keep, then going on a break, could relog back to a different instance in which map is full yello :D

They should also probably come up with a system that would encurage ppl to play on campaigns where thier own faction is at low/medium population (Not lower then other 2 factions, just plain low on its own). NOT OVERALL SCORING system thats already at place, but some AP rewards bonus and such for individuals that decide to stay/play there. Those will be guys that start to bring life to a campaign.
    That would help encurage ppl that are stuck in 60man queues for the only 2 populated camapaigns, to instead choose to play on a different one, and find thier home there.
    Campaign switching should also be free of charge, when switching to a lower populated campaign, where trying to home a more populated one, could cost more :)

They should also lower the numbers allowed to play on individual campaigns and delete all that are currently empty campaigns: leave 2 non-cp, 2 cp and a non-vet version only.
    My take on campaign changes id like to see somewhere in the future :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobbel @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Edited by Tillalarrien on October 7, 2017 1:52PM
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order