Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Writs really should take style into account

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Today's "most ridiculous Master Writ"

xJGGaWy.jpg?1

Since I don't have Buoyant Armiger helmets, this would cost ~300k to complete today. 19 vouchers is the standard reward for nirnhoned/epic writs, but this particular writ is going to sit in my bank for a LONG time given current drop rates and my refusal to gamble for the motif. Also, dont have enough real world $$ to pay $80-120 for enough crates to decon into gems.

Please, please take the rarity of the motif into account for Master Writ rewards! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 6, 2017 7:10PM
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the writ calls for Nirnhorned, I flip it.
    If the writ calls for Legendary Gear, I flip it
    If the writ calls for Perfect Roe, I flip it.
    If the writ calls for a Motif I don't know, I flip it.

I came to this conclusion once I obtained the Ebony Motif.

I don't think Master Writs should ask for a Motif that has a drop rate of the Powerball Jackpot.
    Edited by Nestor on October 5, 2017 6:58PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Writ sales have really dropped off lately, unless it's 50+ vouchers. I'm not listing this for 8k when I can easily do it, once I have that motif page. (with the drop rate of a powerball jackpot)
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 5, 2017 7:14PM
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drop rate of a Powerball Jackpot... The best RNG description in the history of history, and spot on. Well played sir (or madam).
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz on the Markath Mead recipe drop.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If the writ calls for Nirnhorned, I flip it.
    If the writ calls for Legendary Gear, I flip it
    If the writ calls for Perfect Roe, I flip it.
    If the writ calls for a Motif I don't know, I flip it.
    agree.gif

Just sell the thing and move on ...
    shades.gif
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    sell it!
    problem fixed
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sell it!
    problem fixed
    Writ sales have really dropped off lately, unless it's 50+ vouchers. I'm not listing this for 8k when I can easily do it, once I have that motif page. (with the drop rate of a powerball jackpot)
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Get buying those crown crates ;)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always read master writs from the bottom up:

Woohoo that's a lot of vouchers!

Booooo! those terms suck... somebody else can eat that poor return (imo) on investment.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Place your trust in ZoS...

It won't be long before the rare (and ludicrously rare) motifs become available the Crown Store, totally undermining the motif economy. The traded price of motifs will plummet and you can complete all those writs you've put to one side in anticipation of that wonderful day...

They did it with glass and dwemer. And Mercenary. And Xivkyn. And Malacath. And Ancient Orc. And... well, you get the picture :)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @I_killed_Vivec if that was your idea of making me feel better, it didn't work.
    Also, dont have enough real world $$ to pay $80-120 for enough crates to decon into gems.

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be no P2W items in crown store, unless you do master writs...

Buoyant has way too low droprates and therefore is way too overpriced for a regular motif. There is nothing special in it. Zos just made it so to be a bait for crown store sales. Master writs are not the problem - Buoyant is the problem.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i look at these writs as encouragement to go after the required writ
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a bad writ comes along you must flip it.
    Flip it good.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SFDB wrote: »
    If a bad writ comes along you must flip it.
    Flip it good.

By this logic I would only do 1 writ per month. I get 4 per day.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was just whining about this to myself the other day. Every part of the writ should be taken into consideration in terms of reward.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of Buoyant i think there is also room for improvement. Master writs is a token system, but for regular crafters it may look like another crap RNG with no way to affect it. I think zos could make it more appealing by reducing the highest rewards and increasing the lowest rewards.

The current equation of voucher rewards is multiplication formula: gear vouchers = item * quality * trait * set * motif. The item, quality and trait have high coefficients while set and motif have low. Usually set and motif coefficients get completely rounded off below 20 vouchers. On very rare cases the formula produces very high rewards, above 300 vouchers, and only on these the set and style coefficients kick in.

I suggest that set and motif should change from multiplication to addition. The new formula would be : gear vouchers = item * quality * trait + set + motif (instead of... * set * motif). This would increase vouchers at lower end and reduce them at higher end. This would add progression reward for new crafters. Learning more traits and motifs would visibly increase earned vouchers.

Looking into the OP example, if set traits requirement would give half point and motifs e.g. from 0 to 5, it would give 19 + 3 (Varen's) + 5 (Buoyant) = 27 vouchers. A jackpot writ like rubedite nirnhoned legendary Akaviri sword would drop from 320+ to about 200+. I wouldn't add more than 10 vouchers for set and style. They are learned once but nirn and legendary cost per craft.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Sell for approx $1k/ voucher
    2. Buy new writ for approx $1k / voucher
    3. Problem solved!

• Eradrann
    Eradrann
    ✭✭✭
    It seems since the Horns Of The Reach update drops (for me) have been down. Maybe even since the Morrowind update. But I agree, I got my first Buoyant writ recently... even though it was only worth 7 writs, I can't complete it.
    Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got my first (and so far only) BA master writ a couple weeks ago. It was for 75 vouchers - and I sold it for 75K.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since they increased the writ voucher price for Halaluu's Furnishing documents, I just sell all my writs now, I price em to move and they all sell in less than 12 hours. Also since ZOS' refusal to add the newer furnishing plans into the Halaluu furnishings document, I don't even bother. I hate to say it, but I am starting to agree with those who say ZOS is making the drop rates terrible in order to force us to buy furniture through the crown store.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have received 70+ voucher writs that called for a base-level motif (Breton, for example). I do think that motifs should factor more heavily into the number of vouchers generated since they are harder to obtain and supposedly are a measure of our mastery of the craft.