Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How is this possible

PunkAben
PunkAben
✭✭✭
Just as i was going to enter Blue Road Keep in Cyrodiil i see another player dead before the door and one alibe.
A nightblade attack the player and for me it looks like he one shoot the other player.
I put up shield and will going to ress because keep was under attack.
The nightblade attack me and kill me in less then 1 sec.
How is this possible to kill me when he make about 14 k damage in no time ?
My health was 23.244
Conjured Ward 7178 protection
Healing Ward 2963 protection
Harness Magical 23.244 protection

I should could take damage for about 40 k but die instance when he hit me first time.
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • PlaygroundLove
    PlaygroundLove
    Soul Shriven
    Nightblade in stealth guarantees a critical strike. Add various bonuses and it's possible especially if you activate procs at the same time..
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, did you check your death recap? That should have told you exactly what the nightblade used to kill you.

Second, like PlaygroundLove says, nightblades can do critical damage from stealth, add in proc sets and other gear bonuses that I would expect a ganker to be running and it isn't too hard to believe that you got oneshot by a good player with a ganker build.

Third, there's always the possibility that what looked and felt like a one-shot actually wasn't, thanks to lag. I've gotten "one-shot" by a warden spamming birds before. He wasn't cheating, but my lag was bad enough to stack all the cliff racer attacks into one massive pile of damage in 2 seconds.

If you really think that something is wrong with this situation, we'll need more information. Starting with your campaign (noCP or CP) and platform. You might want to clarify whether you were wearing impenetrable gear (if you weren't, you got hit by a critical strike). Oh, and the information on your death recap would be nice to know too. Chances are there wasn't anything out of the ordinary going on. If there was, that death recap is the best source of info you and we have about what actually happened to you.

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. If OP had shields on, no critical could hit him. Shields cant be crited.
    2. The way I see this is: ressurection process takes some time. NB was smart enough to wait till your shields were about to end and then he striked you. If you were wearing light armor (and I asume you did because you were using harness) taking over 20k dmg in one combo is nothing realy special.
    3. If there was big battle arround, some visual effects could be hidden or buged (like selenes proc).
    4. Realy helpful would be death recap or log from some combat tracking addon with time stamp.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PunkAben wrote: »
    Just as i was going to enter Blue Road Keep in Cyrodiil i see another player dead before the door and one alibe.
    A nightblade attack the player and for me it looks like he one shoot the other player.
    The nightblade attack me and kill me in less then 1 sec.

Blue Road Keep surveillance camera shows footage of your killer, though we're still trying to positively identify him so we can bring him in for questioning:

130499053.gif

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    First off, did you check your death recap? That should have told you exactly what the nightblade used to kill you.

Second, like PlaygroundLove says, nightblades can do critical damage from stealth, add in proc sets and other gear bonuses that I would expect a ganker to be running and it isn't too hard to believe that you got oneshot by a good player with a ganker build.

Third, there's always the possibility that what looked and felt like a one-shot actually wasn't, thanks to lag. I've gotten "one-shot" by a warden spamming birds before. He wasn't cheating, but my lag was bad enough to stack all the cliff racer attacks into one massive pile of damage in 2 seconds.

If you really think that something is wrong with this situation, we'll need more information. Starting with your campaign (noCP or CP) and platform. You might want to clarify whether you were wearing impenetrable gear (if you weren't, you got hit by a critical strike). Oh, and the information on your death recap would be nice to know too. Chances are there wasn't anything out of the ordinary going on. If there was, that death recap is the best source of info you and we have about what actually happened to you.

Yes i did check my death recap and that why i wonder how it was possible.
    I have Conjured Ward + Healing Ward + Harness Magical at me and if i dont count this with the damage was less then my health.
    I wonder offen why did i die in PvP, sometimes i have full health and die instance, when i look what did kill me i see the damage was really poor but i did't take damage before i die and then the have hit me for 20+ times with less then 1500 damage... it is wierd and i dont understand how thew can hit me so fast.
    This times i toke a lot less damage then my health and i did have full health.. i even have my shields up but i only look at damage and health not shield protection as i also should count with.
    I screenshot it but at the screenshot the screen is only black so i can't link the damage, i could link a lot other screenshot where i die with lower damage then health.
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it seems like you didn't take much damage and then wham! You're laying on the ground looking at a death recap. Its probably lag. Goodness knows, there's times I've been moving and "fighting" for several seconds after I knew I was dead.

Also the death recaps show the last five things to damage you plus the number of procs.

In any case, rez up and go back after 'em. Everyone dies in PVP at some point.
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    If it seems like you didn't take much damage and then wham! You're laying on the ground looking at a death recap. Its probably lag. Goodness knows, there's times I've been moving and "fighting" for several seconds after I knew I was dead.

Also the death recaps show the last five things to damage you plus the number of procs.

In any case, rez up and go back after 'em. Everyone dies in PVP at some point.

I play lot PvP this days and i know i die a lot and kills a lot.
    When i die i use to look at the combat report for check what make the damage.
    So i find it wird i die from less damage then mt health.
    i did not only have my health to protect me but this damage was less then my health.
    I quess the shield procetion not just are for looking good but also should work in some kind of way and if i count this shield with i have about double protection... i only look at my health and damage not the shields i also have active, i do ress fast, faster then i lose my shields so my shield was still active when i ress.
    I wonder if i can trust the damage report or it is wrong what i see !