Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow crown-store-only motifs to be learned by other characters on account.

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
Please allow purchased Crown-Store-only motifs (Grim Harlequin and Stalhrim Frostcaster) to be learned by other characters on the account. I have purchased each of these when they were available but I have since moved on to other characters that are more of my primary. These were valued in the range of some mounts (2000-2200) and seems unfortunate that they can only be used by a single character. Maybe if it has been purchased then a 0 crown item could appear in the Crown Store? It would really be appreciated. Thank you.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should really just allow all traits/patterns/recipes/motifs be account wide tbh, it doesn't affect MW droprate whatsoever
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see it affecting the in-game economy if in-game motifs were learned by all account characters. Learning the motifs that can only be purchased outside the game certainly wouldn't affect anything in game.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who would spend the time / gold on multiple motifs on alts I don't really see why anyone would tbh.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completionists.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the convenience of making a piece of gear or weapon, without having to log in to the main crafter, is nice. That includes the Alt character's motif knowledge.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes the convenience of making a piece of gear or weapon, without having to log in to the main crafter, is nice. That includes the Alt character's motif knowledge.

And their trait knowledge?

And the skill points they have put into using tempers efficiently?

I don't care about Crown Store only motifs. I will never have them because I don't see why they aren't available in-game. However as long as they do not influence master writs, or provide achievements, then I don't care.

But anything in-game should be tied to the character that has learnt it.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised Crown Motifs aren't already account wide, most other Crown things are
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Completionists.

But your already a completionist, if you already learned them once
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    They should really just allow all traits/patterns/recipes/motifs be account wide tbh, it doesn't affect MW droprate whatsoever

We've already seen what account-wide learning does to the value of items. Look at all the holiday runeboxes. They're collectables, so they're used across an account. Their value tanked, and quickly.

The crafting completionist in me would be thrilled to learn recipes and motifs across my account.

The trade guild GM in me (on behalf of my guildies who farm these items for gold) says hell no. So few things hold value anymore, let's leave these alone, ya?

HOWEVER - if the item in question is a crown-only item (like the OP states), hell yea. You've already bought it from ZOS. Make it account-wide.
    Edited by reoskit on October 3, 2017 1:06PM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

We've already seen what account-wide learning does to the value of items. Look at all the holiday runeboxes. They're collectables, so they're used across an account. Their value tanked, and quickly.

The crafting completionist in me would be thrilled to learn recipes and motifs across my account.

The trade guild GM in me (on behalf of my guildies who farm these items for gold) says hell no. So few things hold value anymore, let's leave these alone, ya?

HOWEVER - if the item in question is a crown-only item (like the OP states), hell yea. You've already bought it from ZOS. Make it account-wide.

True, but you only need one runebox not 14 pages of each type of motif, and they'res over 1350 patterns in game
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on October 3, 2017 3:20PM