The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Craglorn - Solo or Not - Confused - What needs to be completed??

Ragnork
Ragnork
✭✭✭✭✭
My partner and I are playing through Craglorn and following the Celestial Investigator under quests as a guide to the main story line .
We are now stuck on Shattered and the Lost as this is most definately a group event.
I have read though after update 12 Craglorn main story was made solo.

Is the main story different from the Celestial Investigator Quest list?

Should we move onto "Serpents and Secrets" and forget about Shattered and the Lost?

Help appreciated.

Karl
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn was always tuned to be more group oriented. It used to have actual walls that you couldn't pass without more people. Those walls have been removed and the zone has been toned down slightly, but it is still intended to be played by a group. Many of the places on the map have a little + next to their icon. This indicates that the area is geared for groups. The difficulty of some of the quests are also more challenging than other base.game zones. As an endgame player with Max CP and all gold gear, I can solo everything in Craglorn, but you may need some more help.
    Edited by dpencil1 on October 1, 2017 4:12PM
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    main Crag story is solable,2 players can easily do most of the group dungeons but some of them require high CP to complete

example: Hircine's Haunt last boss (who is not part of the quest,you guys are atm) very difficult solo,Rkundzelft the dungeon with the big mech spider can be done by one person (done it myself)
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to thank you both for the feedback. We have skipped shattered and the lost and are now romping about in upper Craglorn.
    "Normal" areas feel a bit weaker after an afternoon in Craglorn.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard but its soloable. It was the most fun content to play post OneTamriel I thought.

All overland should be that hard (scaled of course so low level players are ok)

Area / world bosses are still tough but quest you can do
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did the whole questline (well, tbh there is 2 of them: lower and upper side of the map) on the weekend, soloed all the quests and fights. The hardest part was the Anomaly-grind, but it's doable also.
    Edited by SirCritical on October 2, 2017 7:41AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your issue here is that you are essentially correct. The Shattered and the Lost is still a group quest. However, as part of the overhaul to make the storyline solo-friendly, The Shattered and the Lost was removed from the "critical path" of quests that need to be completed. That means that, while it is still part of the overall plot of "Celestial Investigator", it isn't required for reaching the final story quest and achieving "Craglorn Completist". ("The Corrupted Stone" is exactly the same.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    it isn't required for reaching the final story quest and achieving "Craglorn Completist". ("The Corrupted Stone" is exactly the same.)

Thank you - we are heading back to Craglorn "soon" - looking forward to the balance of the story line :)

• crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m also playing through Cralorn story and it a tad frustrating as the corrupted and shattered quests, while no longer needed to complete the story are pretty key lore wise.

I have asked on group chat for help with them but no one has joined me with Craglorn pretty dead.. but is it possible to Solo Izrunath during corrupted? He absolutely destroying me :-( I only cp210 but it annoying as hell... I basically ran and shielded through the delve but can’t get past him
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crjs1 wrote: »

I have asked on group chat for help with them but no one has joined me with Craglorn pretty dead.. but is it possible to Solo Izrunath during corrupted? He absolutely destroying me :-( I only cp210 but it annoying as hell... I basically ran and shielded through the delve but can’t get past him

A couple of these bosses you can sneak past, but I think this one does require him to be killed.

If your PC/NA, reach out to me this evening and we will take him down.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm working through Craglorn (slowly). One time I played there was a World Boss group of over 20 people running around, and we took those down in no time. Other than that I've been making my way through some of the group content usually by grouping with one other person. Die a few times as I'm a squishy MagSorc (around CP 330), but with over 100 soul gems to my name that isn't a major problem.

I'm usually online as Wannabe Thalmor (need to respec my main (Arizona Steve) as he has been nerfed to oblivion and back).
    Edited by Arizona_Steve on October 14, 2017 5:59PM
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc