The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP STINKS

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously, look at your population--- compare it to a year ago.
The game is dying because of CP, not without it.
Stop listening to the whining player base, about 80% are just copying each others Meta with no regard for the long term health of the game.

CP is basically 3 things.
Sheild Stacking Sorcs who don't die
No Death Magic DK tanks who don't die
and then a few gankblades who are looking for anyone dumb enough to play anything else

I have been playing this game since launch, I remember 150 v 150 4 hour battles at keeps, 10 different groups on each alliance, the free for all that was Imperial City. I played a tank back when it was a skilled role, and you could actually die when you screwed up. Now you have created a game where you have taken a few builds and pushed them to the OP level and everything else is garbage, and you keep going that same direction?

The only place I play anymore is BG, and some non-CP on the weekend....
Don't take my word for it, compare your population to before Weapon Ults came into the game and now.......
  • gammelscroll
    gammelscroll
    ✭✭✭
    Stop listening to the whining player base, about 80% are just copying each others Meta with no regard for the long term health of the game.

and then a few gankblades who are looking for anyone dumb enough to play anything else

I have been playing this game since launch, I remember 150 v 150 4 hour battles at keeps, 10 different groups on each alliance, the free for all that was Imperial City. I played a tank back when it was a skilled role, and you could actually die when you screwed up. Now you have created a game where you have taken a few builds and pushed them to the OP level and everything else is garbage, and you keep going that same direction?

Don't take my word for it, compare your population to before Weapon Ults came into the game and now.......

the funny thing is that players that have 660 cp and plsy cp enable think they have skills xD when it is just cp points carrying them
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always have the best (read: most fun) time in non-CP campaigns and BGs. I'm disappointed that CPs will now be enabled in BGs.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the funny thing is that players that have 660 cp and plsy cp enable think they have skills xD when it is just cp points carrying them

A *** player will always be ***, with or without CP.....

False pride for those who say no-CP is more skill and is more balanced....
    Edited by Qbiken on October 3, 2017 3:31PM
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    With CP it's the same as with money... You can NEVER have enough :D
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do agree with you that CP is probably best left out of BGs, the cyrodiil population numbers speak for themselves. To my knowledge, vivec (CP) is the most popular campaign on all platform , which shows that there is the highest demand for cp PvP
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do agree with you that CP is probably best left out of BGs, the cyrodiil population numbers speak for themselves. To my knowledge, vivec (CP) is the most popular campaign on all platform , which shows that there is the highest demand for cp PvP
    I'd argue that much of that demand is found among a..."non-PvP crowd," for lack of a better term. Many of those people will never step into Battlegrounds, even after it goes CP-enabled, because they're not really in it for competitive gameplay against other players.

If ZOS wants to increase the population in BGs (and I sure hope they do!), the quickest/easiest way to achieve that goal is to improve the rewards. Gaining more AP alone would probably help out a good bit, but it may also be nice to add some new sets...preferably something with raw stats and not gimmicks or procs.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I'd argue that much of that demand is found among a..."non-PvP crowd," for lack of a better term. Many of those people will never step into Battlegrounds, even after it goes CP-enabled, because they're not really in it for competitive gameplay against other players.

If ZOS wants to increase the population in BGs (and I sure hope they do!), the quickest/easiest way to achieve that goal is to improve the rewards. Gaining more AP alone would probably help out a good bit, but it may also be nice to add some new sets...preferably something with raw stats and not gimmicks or procs.

For vivec being for "non-pvpers", I advise you to look at pvp ranks on the vast majority of players when there.

While I have played some of the BGs, they have too much of a COD type playstyle for me. More about instant gratification that playing for a goal.
    But, they are nice sometimes for some quick fun, when I only have a few minutes to play.?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you blame the players ever ? Population drop off has zero to do with the players . CP has nothing to do with anyone I know that left . Nothing at all .
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For vivec being for "non-pvpers", I advise you to look at pvp ranks on the vast majority of players when there.

While I have played some of the BGs, they have too much of a COD type playstyle for me. More about instant gratification that playing for a goal.
    But, they are nice sometimes for some quick fun, when I only have a few minutes to play.?
    I never said that there were "no PvPers" in CP-enabled Cyrodiil campaigns, simply that many of those people aren't looking for competitive PvP gameplay. And if that particular demographic would rather spam AOEs and siege attacks from within a zerg, as opposed to being in a small scale setting where individual ability matters drastically more, then enabling CP in Battlegrounds isn't going to help at all.

If we want to attract more PvP-oriented players out of Cyrodiil and into Battlegrounds, improving the rewards is probably the best/easiest way to do that. It's also extremely possible that a "non-PvPer" that does some Cyrodiil for the jewelry/other rewards will end up being a higher PvP rank than a dedicated, competitive PvP player that enjoys BGs (and wants a ranking system, separated Premade-vs-Premade queues, etc...), simply because rank is based on AP gain, and AP gain in Cyrodiil is far better.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

I never said that there were "no PvPers" in CP-enabled Cyrodiil campaigns, simply that many of those people aren't looking for competitive PvP gameplay. And if that particular demographic would rather spam AOEs and siege attacks from within a zerg, as opposed to being in a small scale setting where individual ability matters drastically more, then enabling CP in Battlegrounds isn't going to help at all.

If we want to attract more PvP-oriented players out of Cyrodiil and into Battlegrounds, improving the rewards is probably the best/easiest way to do that. It's also extremely possible that a "non-PvPer" that does some Cyrodiil for the jewelry/other rewards will end up being a higher PvP rank than a dedicated, competitive PvP player that enjoys BGs (and wants a ranking system, separated Premade-vs-Premade queues, etc...), simply because rank is based on AP gain, and AP gain in Cyrodiil is far better.

or perhaps they are those who do enjoy smallscale pvp but believe that in a cp enabled campaign people are on a more even footing.
    honestly; wardens and sorcs are stupidly OP in a no cp setting
    Edited by BroanBeast1215 on October 17, 2017 8:52PM
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with CP is it's not truly balanced. It favors certain builds and play styles over others and offers a huge advantage vs low CP players. I play NA PC Vivec and prefer it. It's taken a long time to get almost capped on CP and I want to play it. That said the game is far more "balanced" without it. No doubt about that at all.

If non-CP campaigns make sense for Cyrodiil it's makes no sense at all why ZoS removed it from BG's. In fact CP in 4x4x4 is even more cancerous for BG's than normal PvP. ...makes you wonder what ZoS is thinking.

Most people playing non-CP PvP do so because of this imbalance. Because of the cancer. Balancing CP PvP would pretty much solve the whole issue.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭

or perhaps they are those who do enjoy smallscale pvp but believe that in a cp enabled campaign people are on a more even footing.
    honestly; wardens and sorcs are stupidly OP in a no cp setting

I would have to disagree. Killing a shield stacking Storc in BGs is more easy. I know people eventually run out of juice in both CP and no-CP. However you can actually see the distress a player has when he's spamming Breath of Life, trying to perma-block as a DK, or stacking shields. It almost as if they screaming, "WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GET THIS MUTHA!@#$^ OFF ME"! lol

But those Warden healers and tanks don't break a sweat.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    I played a few matches; things are really bad, expect further loss of interest.