The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden needs an execute skill

Arbit
Arbit
✭✭✭✭
And I mean a real execute skill, not this bear execute skill carp... I was just doing falkreath hold on veteran and basically soloing the damage because my other dps was dead 90% of the time, and I can only manage to get the boss to 10% before we get overrun by adds. The developers basically design some bosses to almost require execute skills, why are we not given a legitimate one that we can actually use. Bear is a strong skill, but its a stupid AI, not to mention having to resummon it when it dies to all the fire damage. Its not viable for a lot of content. Maybe they could turn cliff racer into an execute skill, I dont even use cliff racer in my rotation, so making it a useful skill would be fantastic.
Argonian Master Race
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE Warden magicka lacks damage over all

PvP Warden would either have a too good or a too bad execute. Could you imagine an execute with a 2 sec delay lmao? However could you imagine an instant execute while also having undodgeable skill set?

We lack executes for a reason, and for PvE there is a lot to want
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with that

Sincerely,
    an mDK main

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Not at all the direction Wardens should take.

They need massive buffs to PvE DPS while not increasing their effectiveness in PvP. Easy to do if ZOS cared. Being lazy and giving them an execute would still leave them terrible at PvE but would make them become truly OP in PvP.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if wardens needed an execute, which they don't, your logic is flawed. You need a better teammate, not a new skill.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An ranged execute would be nice.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wish is to see one of the Swarm morphs changed into an execute DoT, effectively a magicka Poison Injection. That would be unique, a great help for PvE DPS and not impact burst damage in PvP.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why people are all snippy at you. I can see the case for a warden execute. I think the bad vibes are all coming from magplars, who want to horde the 100k single proc executes to themselves, lol.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deffinately needs a pve execute or just a massive amount of raw grunt like a magic dk
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    All classes should have an execute. Unfortunately for PVE wardens, the class is already so strong in PVP that adding an execute would be a serious problem. Then you get the DK and Templar treatment.

A better teammate is a lot less risky than the devs changing up your class skills.
    Shadow hide you.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If wardens get one then my MDK gets one
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd settle for removal of the Sorc Execute... Most overperforming unskill in the game.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    I'd settle for removal of the Sorc Execute... Most overperforming unskill in the game.

I'd settle for removal of the undodgeable bird spam... most overperforming unskilled spam in pvp
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If wardens get one then my MDK gets one

I'd settle for removal of the undodgeable bird spam... most overperforming unskilled spam in pvp

All of you will get nothing and like it!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens can have an execute skill when the devs give the rest of us a way to execute Wardens!

Seriously, you need like 10 guys to kill one... what's up with that?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wardens can have an execute skill when the devs give the rest of us a way to execute Wardens!

Seriously, you need like 10 guys to kill one... what's up with that?

this is why pve wardens can't have nice things...
    Argonian Master Race
  • gammelscroll
    gammelscroll
    ✭✭✭

this. sorcs are broken *** class, just run around spam endless fury and instant proc fragments get kill.

remove that class from game
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭

Yeah try running into 4 wardens who spam this ***.. rip
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »

4 curses...

Man, why do people feel getting 1v4'd is somehow out of balance when they lose?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭

4 curses...

Which can be purged... ?

Could even be 4v4 and yet if they spam that *** on the same person.. rip
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

4 curses...

Which can be purged... ?

Have you heard about block.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

4 curses...

Which can be purged... ?

Block only lasts so long on a magicka character.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

4 curses...

Which can be purged... ?

Well, on magicka character the undodgeability of bird is not problem. Since they werent going to dodge roll them anyway. But I mean it more as tongue in cheek. If someone is using purgability as viable counter, block suddenly sounds like the best counter on earth.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try running into 4 Sorcs... Come on Bro. That's not even a point.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not until DK gets one too.

But for parity, I would love to see one of the destroy staff skill morphs get and execute bonus. It almost doesn't matter which one. DW, 2h and bow all have an execute, give us a mag weapon execute too. Levels the playing field a bit for DK and Warden, but probably won't be chosen over the class executes available.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4 curses...

Which can be purged... ?

Yes and no. Frost staff on your backbar let's you trade mag for block with elemental drain returning mag while you block.

It just needs extra resorce return in your build, and to be selectively used.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4 curses...

Which can be purged... ?

Well, on magicka character the undodgeability of bird is not problem. Since they werent going to dodge roll them anyway. But I mean it more as tongue in cheek. If someone is using purgability as viable counter, block suddenly sounds like the best counter on earth.

It is the best counter on Earth lol. Even at 50% mitigation using Stam isn't terrible. S+B or staff is only used to extend the mitigation percentage or reduce the cost of block further; the act of blocking is still amazing regardless of the weapon you have slotted.

Trick is, you need that 20% reduction through CP.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden should have bear as a passive execute, not a click to exec. I.e. if an enemy is below 30% the bear deals 2x damage and mauls them automatically if a setting is on. Like faux teamwork.

DK should have implosion with dots. (Sorc exec passive replaced with a phys/shock dot [hemorrhage/lingering static] or a chance to stun [cripple/paralysis] that has no health limit.)
    Edit: stand by bear, forget dk execute.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 20, 2018 5:45PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here, take the executes my stamdk uses: reverse slice & poison injection. Voila!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep - I'd like to see some other characters get some loving before Wardens.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay I lost it when the response to bird spam was block.

in the situations when your getting bird spammed to death, the ability to cut your movement to the speed of smell, cripple what stamina you probably have left, and still not reduce the damage to a manageable level, is in no way going to help you.

blocking is only of use when you are on the offensive, 1v1 (or similar small scale) to avoid or negate the secondary effects of big hits (say a meteor ult or something for instance) not counting troll builds that block always and forever.

during those times you tend to not suffer the effects of Pidgeon spam, as wardens on the defense or retreat are focused on casting effects that facilitate that (flap your wings and RUN!) or if their in small scale or 1v1 they are prolly also trying to set up stuns and other effects.

you get pigeon spammed by wardens hiding in zergs who are go for broke magicka because the only way the can win is to pump damage, hide in a large group, and spam a massive range, massive damage (that gets better with range) un-dodgeable, un-reflectabel, un-purgable, most annoying sound effect/animation skill in the game at anyone that gets near there zerg.

and BLOCKING to make sure this group or zerg catches you because you have just cut your movement and stamina is going to lead to death by Roomba.

the bird is dumb, and should be nerfed, and wardens should be given better dps in other places to compensate, this would make them more balanced in pvp, and better to play in pve.

EDIT: as for topic, you have a long line of Dragonknights to wait behind thank you very much.
    Edited by Wing on October 6, 2017 4:11AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick