The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Short mussed hair

Thecrowley
Thecrowley
✭✭
Greetings everyone.

Earlier last year there was a hairstyle on the PTS called the Short Mussed Hair. I was in love.

Time passed and there was no sign of this hairstyle. I was crushed.

Now you tease me on the PTS ZOS. You give it to multiple characters, but not us?

Why ZOS. Why?

Short-Mussed-Wave-2-1.jpg

In loving memory of the Short Mussed Hairstyle. You will be missed.
  • Ekadzati
    Ekadzati
    ✭✭✭
    It's a fact: There's not enough hair colors or styles to suit my tastes.

Count me in: #BringBackShortMussed2017
    Registration date: November 2013
    Geek since 1974.
    Girl Gamer since 1976.
    Granny since 2014.
    Gut shooter since forever.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    (Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will throw in my support

this was one of the original hair styles they showed off back in the day before crown crates and store hair was a thing, and yet we STILL don't have it (even though as pointed out NPC's do)

lets get this in game already.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an NPC on Vvardenfell who has this hair, and as soon as I saw him, I fell in love with the hair. I NEED that hair for my chars
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my glob yes I've been wanting this hair since I saw it on PTS, too!

ZOS, you need to release this hair to us; it's one of the best male hairstyles in the game. I'm still holding on to 500 crowns just in case it finds its way to the crown store, and even 130~ gems in case it's in gamble crates.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Thecrowley
    Thecrowley
    ✭✭
    The people have spoken ZOS!

We beseech you to fulfill our wishes, so we can finally sleep at night!
  • Thecrowley
    Thecrowley
    ✭✭
    Anybody
    else feel we need this splendor for our characters?
    Edited by Thecrowley on October 17, 2017 8:31PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't like to release hairstyles for some reason. They aren't even releasing them every other month. I guess because doing recolors of an existing mesh is just faster and cheaper for them to produce. Release more hairstyles, please, ZOS. :|
  • Ekadzati
    Ekadzati
    ✭✭✭
    It's not as if hairstyles aren't NUMBER ONE for customization or anything, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - ya'll could be making more money on items with much lower complexity/cost to build; oh, AND increasing player identification with their character, increasing motivation, replayability. (Not to mention that probability of cosmetic acquisition increases with availability of initial customization options.)

But don't take MY word for it:

Turkay, S., & Adinolf, S. (2015). The effects of customization on motivation in an extended study with a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game. Cyberpsychology: Journal of Psychosocial Research on Cyberspace, 9(3), article 2.
    https://cyberpsychology.eu/article/view/4340/3412

#MoreHairPleaseAndThankYou (AND HAIR COLORS, DAMN IT.)
    Registration date: November 2013
    Geek since 1974.
    Girl Gamer since 1976.
    Granny since 2014.
    Gut shooter since forever.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    (Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)

• Thecrowley
    Thecrowley
    ✭✭
    Perhaps we need to do a petition?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thecrowley wrote: »
    Perhaps we need to do a petition?

They're not permitted.
  • Thecrowley
    Thecrowley
    ✭✭
    oh
  • BigHornedBeast
    I would also like to see this hairstyle be released. I have been wanting to put it on my Khajiit since their isn't many wavy Khajiit hairstyles.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thecrowley wrote: »
    Greetings everyone.

Earlier last year there was a hairstyle on the PTS called the Short Mussed Hair. I was in love.

Time passed and there was no sign of this hairstyle. I was crushed.

Now you tease me on the PTS ZOS. You give it to multiple characters, but not us?

Why ZOS. Why?

Short-Mussed-Wave-2-1.jpg

In loving memory of the Short Mussed Hairstyle. You will be missed.

There's a Clockwork Apostle npc who goes by the name of Adjunct Daro, and he's got the hairstyle, just like Theyo Prevette does in Gnisis.

Come on ZOS Where's our hair??
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    This hair has been around for 2+ years. I first saw it on an NPC in Lionguard Redoubt in Glenumbra. Comeon ZOS, all NPC hairstyles should be made available to players!
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please start releasing hairstyles that players ACTUALLY want not ones we care nothing for, Rothmeth hair, seriously?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a Clockwork Apostle npc who goes by the name of Adjunct Daro, and he's got the hairstyle, just like Theyo Prevette does in Gnisis.
    Come on ZOS Where's our hair??
    I noticed Daro's hair, too. Since they're putting it on NPCs, it shouldn't be too much of a jump to make it available for players. The mesh is already made; they just have to code it to work with player characters.

• Thecrowley
    Thecrowley
    ✭✭
    Well, I sent them a mail, and they told me to send another mail to the dev-team. How
  • megageeklizzy
    megageeklizzy
    ✭✭✭
    Bump! C'mon, ZOS, people want to pay you for something you've already got ready to sell! I want this too. Here's hoping we get noticed.
  • Thecrowley
    Thecrowley
    ✭✭
    We get horrible modern looking hairstyles in the crown store, yet no short mussed? C'mon Zos.
  • BigHornedBeast
    I am still hoping this hair will release too. Maybe they will release it with the Jubilee Cake event since Chef Donolon wears it. Who knows?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekadzati wrote: »

I would be happy with a black wig for my Altmer at this point.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Thecrowley
    Thecrowley
    ✭✭
    It's been close to two years, I am not very confident anymore :(
  • Mielikki
    Mielikki
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, there are many other hairstyles along with this one that have not been released yet, and are on hold for whatever reasons.

...Please, release them all. I buy them all xD And... LONG HAIRSTYLES <3
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just about to post about this. I'm currently doing MW quests and ran into Theyo.
    I would love this hairstyle for my characters. The game really doesn't have any good looking short hairstyles.
    The short Imperial hair is arguably the only short hairstyle that isn't shaved, balding, or a joke (looking at you, standing wave)
    @ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE consider the chef Donolon hair :cry:<3 (Actually, I'm not sure if it's the same model, but hey, it also looks pretty good.)
    Edited by MercTheMage on January 21, 2018 1:49AM
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Thecrowley
    Thecrowley
    ✭✭
    9328f3e5c61517f745cb01a46f8ae167.png

What is this Zos? Have we not suffered enough? Why do you insist on teasing us?
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Its in the crown store..
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »
    Its in the crown store..

Since when
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »
    Its in the crown store..

Since when

Idk but I'm 100% sure I saw something called muzzle hair it was black and red
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Update it's called the standing flame it's somewhat like muzzled hair but idk.
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ekadzati wrote: »

Couldn't agree more on hair color. I'd love to have darker hair on my Altmers. There just isn't any reason why they should locked into very specific hair colors and out of others.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements