The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

crown boxes

Khatou
Khatou
✭✭✭✭
The saddest thing is to hear some say (especially at the same time that we open our boxes) that they had for example the statue of Sheogorath (my revered gods) and that others have only potions, dishes and baubles of this kind uninteresting in view of the cost of these boxes !!!

Not only is it sad to know that a person has what you want more than anything, but even more sad when he plans to sell it for gems ....

Could not we make sure that people have the opportunity to give this guild or friends?
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I opened 18 in all (15 from 40$ pack) and 3 free ones and didn't get Sheo statue, but atleast i got the costume
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, two things. First you can't choose to liquidate a costume. Just consumables.

So, if you get potions, or food, that can be turned into gems, but if you get a stupid looking hat, you're stuck with it.

The second thing is, "no." And there's a fairly concrete reason for this. One of the more subtle ways to sneak around the, "we only offer cosmetic items in the store," is to sell items that can be traded between players. This means you're buying something that's cosmetic, but can then turn around and sell it to a farmer, so you can use the cash from the sale to get your hands on more direct improvements. This also leads to situations where studios can legitimately sell power, or outright paygate the game, and then say, "but, you could just grind for 23 years until you have the money to buy it legitimately."

I understand your intent, but there's a solid reason why the crates work the way they do.
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    I add a frustration more, the fact of having 2 or 3 times the same item in the same case ... bing bing zenimax !!!!
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I would like to see is the ability to trade Crown items to friends or guild mates for either Gems or to Gift them as a magnanimous gesture.

I would also like to see the ability to gift Crowns, Crates , Gems and game time to friends. If any community needed the ability to show random acts of kindness as a foil against the growing Toxicity its this community.
    Edited by Balamoor on September 28, 2017 3:05PM
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, two things. First you can't choose to liquidate a costume. Just consumables.

a good other problem raise on your part, loot this kind of item non-tradable against gems, is very annoying, especially when one loot x numbers in a lot of boxes !!!!
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    A tad bit off topic, but I do find it strange that you can't gift crowns.....Or can you?
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden