The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Claw of the Mad God - Stamina DK PvE DD Build (50k selfbuffed - Murkmire PTS)

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Updated for Murkmire.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome work as always. Looking forward to taking this bad boy for a spin :-)
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im guessing the Arms of Relequen fix lowers the parse a bit.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Banana wrote: »

Yep, but I'll just go for velidreth/stormfist, so deduct 1k-ish.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Banana wrote: »

Yep, but I'll just go for velidreth/stormfist, so deduct 1k-ish.

What fix?

Edit: Love how you found a pseudo spammable for stam dk. Thanks for your testing. Something else worth mentioning is your likely to get higher uptime on the dot now.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on October 8, 2018 7:18PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Marshall1289 , Arms of Relequen's damage isn't considered melee anymore - so, no procs for Selene and Ravager. (I still wonder if AY is affected in any way.)
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Marshall1289 , Arms of Relequen's damage isn't considered melee anymore - so, no procs for Selene and Ravager. (I still wonder if AY is affected in any way.)

WELL crap.. Bye bye gold Ravager. Lasted 3 months. Shame.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Masel92 , what is your opinion - will AY be still viable for this build? There are four back bar skills in rotation; will it be possible to keep AY stacks from falling off without help from Relequen ticks, with just light weaving?
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf it !
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Nerf it !

Wow, don't be too constructive.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Masel92 , my earlier question about AY might've been overlooked over @Shokasegambit1's valuable contribution. ^^ Also, another thing I wonder about - is it a large damage loss, to overcast Venomous Claw? Its damage is increasing towards end of its duration, and if it's used as a spammable, then last (and most damaging) ticks probably would disappear since it'd be recast early on.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sad that light attack ven claw SPAM is more dmg than a heavy attack rotation. Great design zos.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masel92

You do know that “advancing yokeda” in that image on Pg1 is actually called “Berserking Warrior” right? (I’m sure you already know.)

Funny fact: I use two-handed/Bow on my main because I find the mixture of Rally with Molten Arnaments provides a unique feel from which not only do I get major brutality for myself, but the Molten Arnaments buff Magicka built players in the group with major sorcery in Addition to buffing my own Heavy attacks by 40%, combined with Sunderflame, it makes heavy attacks hit real hard.

In short: good build.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    @Masel92

You do know that “advancing yokeda” in that image on Pg1 is actually called “Berserking Warrior” right? (I’m sure you already know.)

Funny fact: I use two-handed/Bow on my main because I find the mixture of Rally with Molten Arnaments provides a unique feel from which not only do I get major brutality for myself, but the Molten Arnaments buff Magicka built players in the group with major sorcery in Addition to buffing my own Heavy attacks by 40%, combined with Sunderflame, it makes heavy attacks hit real hard.

Yeah the set is called berserking warrior, but the items are called advancing yokeda for some reason :smiley:
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternate claw spam with 2 skills in between! Get more damage!!!
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Alternate claw spam with 2 skills in between! Get more damage!!!

Whoooooo! :smiley:
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    @Masel92

Yeah the set is called berserking warrior, but the items are called advancing yokeda for some reason :smiley:

Could be outdated for all I know, most of the knowledge I usually get from the UESP which is updated with each new patch/content drop.
    Edited by Skullstachio on October 9, 2018 10:36PM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duud nice work :heart:
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soooo will AY/BW still be viable after the relequen "fix"?
    EU PC
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated for Murkmire.

@Masel92 , after the "fix" of Relequen, what's your opinion about replacing it with Veiled Heritance set ?

Or about a mix between Spriggan's Thorns and Veiled Heritance?

Thanks in advance!
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice usage of venomous claw as spammable.

If you have trouble keeping AY stacks up through backbar rotation, then Briarheart is as good as AY in my opinion.
  • kuma82
    kuma82
    ✭✭✭
    A question, as I do not have any trial gear what would be decent substitutes? I saw you had morag tong also listed. Would swamp raider be a good pairing with morag tong to up poison dmg since we are using claw as a spammable?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like that you found this. Now iight be inclined to try this as an alt. The poison dragon theme is interesting to me.

I'd like to think that ZOS had always known venomous claw could be used as a spammable based on what you found and never gave a Stam whip because they secretly knew DK's already had 1. It's been 4 years ZOS! :trollface:

@Masel92 do you know if this is similarly true for rending slashes dot? I once used it as a single target spammable when I ran out of bar space using deadly cloak. In a DPS parse it seemed to be equal however inflated due to bleed DMG and having only 8k penetration when using other spammables.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like overcasting shouldn't be too harsh; losing one last tick of Claw's damage would make whole DoT miss on 120% of base tick... that, over 10 seconds of rotation, should be around 0.3k dps loss if I got it right. One big concern I have is that the Claw's 'feature' of having first tick 0.5 seconds after initial hit would be considered a bug and fixed at some point.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I really like that you found this. Now iight be inclined to try this as an alt. The poison dragon theme is interesting to me.

I'd like to think that ZOS had always known venomous claw could be used as a spammable based on what you found and never gave a Stam whip because they secretly knew DK's already had 1. It's been 4 years ZOS! :trollface:

@Masel92 do you know if this is similarly true for rending slashes dot? I once used it as a single target spammable when I ran out of bar space using deadly cloak. In a DPS parse it seemed to be equal however inflated due to bleed DMG and having only 8k penetration when using other spammables.

It depends on the first dot tick of rending. Rending has only a 9s duration, but a much lower initial hit than the claw. You can definitely try with metrics, just hit a dummy and see when the dot ticks come.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like overcasting shouldn't be too harsh; losing one last tick of Claw's damage would make whole DoT miss on 120% of base tick... that, over 10 seconds of rotation, should be around 0.3k dps loss if I got it right. One big concern I have is that the Claw's 'feature' of having first tick 0.5 seconds after initial hit would be considered a bug and fixed at some point.

If that was true then Vamp Bane would have been fixed a long time ago...
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

It's intended and has been that way for years. No point in changing it now.
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's intended and has been that way for years. No point in changing it now.

Exactly
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting find, clever Masel
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    @Masel92 couple of things.

Given that HAs aren't part of the build anymore should Igneous Weapons be used over Molten Arms? (I realised that part of the Igneous buff will come from pots anyway).

Have there been any changes to Mountains Blessing? If not then would it be worth recasting Igneous / Molten every 2nd rotations for the the Minor Brutality buff?

Rather than using Igneous / Molten would it instead be worth weaving in Eruption or Stone Giant every back bar rota so that Minor Brute is up 100% of the time, in theory bringing extra damage to the table overall.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's