The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

About intricate trait (power leveling either blacksmithing, clother or woodworking)

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
For what I tested before and I am sure that know what intricate does. What I am talking about is the part about power leveling those said skills that they are for. I've tested low level intricate items against cp 150 or cp 160 non intricate items and I found some odd thing that the non intricate higher level item gives far greater inspiration than a low level intricate item. I went on my cp 400 something and went to town in the hollow city and took all the weapons and armor from the smithing station and whatnot. Compared this against low level (around levels 5-20) intricate items. Another thing I noticed is that improving armor and weapons grants you no inspiration still. having two characters side by side break down the intricate high level (cp 160) from a green compared with say a blue or purple and higher amounts broken down do give you more exp but it is so minor. But I figured to share this with you all and maybe some of you all might figure something out as well. If I had to guess the higher the level the item the more exp you get sounds the most logical to me.
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's generally correct.

Intricates give more crafting exp than non-intricate items of their level. Higher-level items give more crafting exp when deconstructed, though intricate cp 160 items will give the most. However, you'll lose out on some of the materials from deconstructing them because you don't have the passives yet. Crafting items gives you a little crafting exp whereas improving items or refining materials does not.

When I'm leveling a new toon's crafting and want it done relatively quickly, I will start by deconstructing everything cp 160 that I can get my hands on. Either that's by looting if the toon is cp 160 already or by looting the items on different characters. This works great at lower levels of crafting but soon loses its effectiveness as I improve my crafting skills.

At that point, I only worry about deconstructing cp 160 intricates and maybe purple items. These I either collect (group dungeons drop a decent amount of intricates) or buy until I'm at the level I want to be.

I did once level a toon's clothing skill from 10-50 once solely by buying intricate clothing items. It cost me about 100-150k, if I recall correctly. So that's the quickest but more expensive way to level crafting skills.

Something that I didn't actually confirm was that it felt like intricate two-handed weapons like staves, mauls, greatswords, etc. gave more crafting exp than one-handed when deconstructed. But like I said, I didn't actually confirm this so I might have just been fooling myself.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a sliding scale with deconning things and how much Exp your going to get that is keyed to the Crafting Skill, not character level of the alt Deconning this stuff.

Before I go any farther, just know, the best way to level crafting is to decon the highest level stuff you can, and intricates are better for this as they give 280% of base Inspiration. And no improving them to Green or Blue does not really justify the mats used to improve them, as you only gain a 10% increase, and that is on the Green, the Blue gives the same, at least the last time I tested this. So, no matter what you read below, keep this in mind.

Actually, there is no need for a discussion on this, just decon everything you get. The only reason you would want to read a discussion is if you want to maximize the Inspiration gained per item when you are say purchasing Intricate from a Guild Store. As the lower level ones are usually priced lower than CP160. Thing is, this an overall exercise in frustration as the mid and lower level intricates do not exist in enough numbers in the guild stores to make chasing the efficient decon and efficient operation with regards to over all time spent. In other words, your going to waste a lot of time trying to find the perfect item to decon given a crafting level.

So, just decon the best stuff you can farm or buy and you will get there. This is how I leveled 11 Characters to L50 in all the gear crafts.
    Edited by Nestor on September 28, 2017 5:13PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that I didn't actually confirm was that it felt like intricate two-handed weapons like staves, mauls, greatswords, etc. gave more crafting exp than one-handed when deconstructed. But like I said, I didn't actually confirm this so I might have just been fooling myself.

@VaranisArano

All gear of a type and same level give the same inspiration. So, deconning a dagger or great sword is the same inspiration, Pauldron or Curaiss gives the same.

However, Wood weapons do give more inspiration than metal weapons, and cloth items give about the same as armor does. I forget if Armor and Weapons give the same, probably because I knew it did not matter, and I was going to have to decon what I had to decon.

But, all in all, its a decon grind fest no matter how you look at it. So, with my post above in mind, just find a nice grind spot, and farm mobs for gear. Humans are better as you get more gold to cover repairs and or purchasing of intricates in the guild kiosks.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

It was probably the extra inspiration from the wooden staves that I was noticing, then. Thanks for clarifying!
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your input.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)