The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with system requirements

tildasandin
tildasandin
Soul Shriven
Hi all!

Decided last week to pick up ESO after a one year break, but unfortunately things aren't running as smoothly as it once did. The issue is that I simply can't get past the loading screen between login and character select anymore. The first few times I tried last week it somehow worked after 2h of attempts but the last days I've had absolutely no luck and I'm thinking that it might be because of my very basic setup. Since everything worked absolutely fine last year (on minimum quality settings) I just assumed that it would work again now.

I'm on a Macbook pro mid-2010 running OSX 10.9.5
2,4 GHz Intel Core i5
8GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB

So, I have come to believe after some research that my graphics card is simply to weak and bad and old for this game now.
What do you think? Is it simply a no-go or is there still hope?
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    It’s too old sorry. I have a slightly better card (hd4000) on my MacBook and it has real problems keeping up with asset load.

It runs fine on current 4K iMacs though.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    If you have dedication I’d try running windows and seeing. But likely it will be sad news either way.
  • ziggy29
    ziggy29
    ✭✭✭
    The graphics card is too old. That said, there is a massive, and I mean massive, difference between the performance of the Windows version and the Mac version even with comparable hardware.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use macs much with games, but I have noticed that macs do run better with comparable hardware.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild