The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GUILD BANK BUGS

Grim13
Grim13
✭✭✭✭✭
I keep having gold and items I stick into my Guild's Bank remove from my inventory but not appear in the Guild bank. Twice I've lost 10k and, more recently, lost 5-6 tempers and rosin while trying to stack them....

The deposits never show in the history.

Is this a known issue!? It's getting pretty @#$! annoying.
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you allow the guild bank to fully load (and show all items in it) before attempting to deposit? AFAIK the bug exists when the bank isn't fully loaded by the time you are depositing items.

Specific for the gold, do you have the proper permission within the guild to view banked gold? I'm not sure if your gold deposits show up in the history if you don't have permission to view the gold. Could be wrong on this though.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • wyntercougar
    wyntercougar
    ✭✭
    I am a Co-Leader for Black Market Wares. We have our guild gold hidden to all but the Leaders. We STILL Have members that are losing gold on occasion to it going poof. A couple of times is has been one of my officers. They are letting it load all the way and it still just poofs. Typically you write a Ask For Help Ticket with Your Char name, your @name, the Guild, the Time, and the amt/items. They will send you a reply to your game linked email acct, and TYPICALLY you get your gold/items back.
    I would love it if they A) Made it so the members could see THEIR own deposits, or B) Fixed the bug. Either or Both would be Fantastic. Only time will tell what will happen. Just saying.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. I'm not alone!!
    I had this happen tonight to me.
    200,000 gold!!! Ouch!
    I am GM of the guild, I was in the guild bank for a while before depositing gold.
    Noticed the total didn't change, so opened history and it wasn't there!
    Did take screenshots and sent a ticket.
    I know this was/is a issue by talking to other GM's about it, but havent heard of it in a while.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so i am also a GM of a trading guild and i have done extensive testing on this matter. There are two parts to guild bank transactions, 1- item removal from inventory, and 2- item addition to guild bank (or vice versa). Usually this happens almost at the exact same moment so you will not notice it happening. BUT sometimes there is a delay between the item being taken from your inventory and it completing the transaction by adding it to the guild bank. Lets take a normal 10k deposit. You make the deposit and gold is taken out of the guild bank, and you do not see the guild bank balance go up by 10k (or you can't because it is hidden), if you follow your 10k transaction up with another 1 gold transaction, and you get a message in the top right corner "waiting on previous transaction" then you know the original 10k deposit has not finished yet. Of course you can see this in action when there is a delay between the deposit and the guild bank balance going up in value (this is why having the ability for guild members to see the deposits is crucial). If you wait around long enough, it will eventually complete the transaction, BUT!!!! if you back out while it is still in the middle of the transaction, it will not complete it by adding it to the bank!!!!! This an also happen on item retrieval, and you should keep an eye on the amount of items in the guild bank and watch for your inventory count to increase. Waiting for the transaction to complete, testing to see if it is completed by making an additional 1g deposit after the 10k, and watching the item count go up in the bank or inventory is the only way to make sure your items don't disappear.

Note: It is fine if the 1 gold deposit doesn't finish, as it is only 1g, but you need to watch for the error message in the top right corner. if there is no message then the previous transaction finished, if there is it won't let you deposit until the first transaction is completed and added to the guild bank. The only issue is that players back out of the bank too quickly.

You are free to test this all you want. I know this is the issue, i have submitted tickets for over 2 years about it. Still no fix... so don't expect one any time soon. Also on one of the tickets i sent in about a master writ disappearing i got a response that they could not see anything about an item disappearing. i got the master writ back and was able to reproduce the bug no less than 60 seconds after that with the writ they provided. Still an issue in the guild bank to this day. There is a very simple fix to this, prevent people from backing out of the guild bank until the transaction is completed.
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    It happened to mee too. I didn't loose much, but still.

You know:

start transaction
    take from inventory
    add to bank
    commit

Rollback on failure, timeout, connection lost, whatever. It's been in DBMSs for ages. Works great, you know :D. Very easy to implement on some basic level, too.
    Edited by tommalmm on October 2, 2017 9:12AM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dear ZoS, any chance of getting this resolved/ fixed??
    Here is my ticket number...#171001-000355
    Thank you for your time...
    Huzzah!!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Arjuska
    Arjuska
    ✭✭
    Friend of mine just lost 40 gold foods because of this, pls fix :(
    Glorfindeel
    Uivelo
    Revontuli
    Sininen Uni
    & many many alts

Cyrodiil's FIST - Keepers of Cyrodiil †

EU PC - Multifaction †
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed one thing - you should wait until bank will be FULLY loaded before you are doing transaction. If it was not fully loaded - stuff will be missing. Most notably - money. At least this is the exp in my guilds. So, please wait and scroll bank to make sure that it is done loading. This might reduce the probability of this bug.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire