The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reaper's Harvest Crown Crate Drop Rates

Enodoc
Enodoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone! A new Crown Crate season is upon us, and once again I have updated my spreadsheet to include the new crates. Please ensure you know which items came from which crate (or fill in the form concurrently with opening the crate); this should help provide more analytical data on how the drops work.

Based on @Faunter's information, we now know that every crate always drops two white or green cards, one blue or better card, and one random card, and if you get the bonus fifth card, that is always purple or better. This season's form is set up for that structure.

You can find the form to fill in your drops here: https://goo.gl/forms/AaTRHPTZKXVTpA8g1

You can find the spreadsheet collating the data here: https://goo.gl/yBvMXz

And if you want to use @Faunter's add-on for Crown Crates, instead of the form, you can find that here: http://esoui.com/downloads/info1741-FauntersCrownCrateLogger.html
Note that data submission from the add-on is now automated and you no longer need to post your SavedVariables; all you need to do is type /submitcrates in chat.
UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One gold item I got was Sheo's costume
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to note there are some issues with the spreadsheet which I will be fixing later. Notably, a bunch of items had their names changed since last time and this wasn't stated in the announcement thread. Also I think a couple of items were missing from the published drop list.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Just to note there are some issues with the spreadsheet which I will be fixing later. Notably, a bunch of items had their names changed since last time and this wasn't stated in the announcement thread. Also I think a couple of items were missing from the published drop list.

I've also found an issue if you copy/paste the list from the official announcement thread. The apostrophe used in some item names is a different character than the apostrophe used for in-game text. As a consequence, some of the items containing one may not be registering correctly on your sheet.

Edit: Specifically = Pirate First Mate’s Outfit, Summit Lord’s Silken Robes, Crow’s Calling, and Sanguine’s Rose Red Lip Tint.
    Edited by Faunter on September 27, 2017 6:25PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »
    I've also found an issue if you copy/paste the list from the official announcement thread. The apostrophe used in some item names is a different character than the apostrophe used for in-game text. As a consequence, some of the items containing one may not be registering correctly on your sheet.

Edit: Specifically = Pirate First Mate’s Outfit, Summit Lord’s Silken Robes, Crow’s Calling, and Sanguine’s Rose Red Lip Tint.
    OK thanks. I'm probably also missing "Dremora's Kiss Purple Lip Tint" and "Casual Plague Doctor", which you pointed out in that thread.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New season drops on the 28th?

Edit: Duh.
    Edited by SirAxen on September 28, 2017 12:25PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Faunter The add-on seems to have really taken off this time (or something's gone screwy). 3000+ crates already? We only had about 900 total from the add-on last time!
  • SelfTherapy
    SelfTherapy
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't believe I got the cinder wolf with the free crates. Thank the gods lol
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Faunter The add-on seems to have really taken off this time (or something's gone screwy). 3000+ crates already? We only had about 900 total from the add-on last time!
    I was blown away by the response! It's amazing to see what a small user-friendly update will get you.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the drop rates are going down. I bought 15 and didn't get single gold item. Mostly just lip gloss. I'm not buying anymore of these this season.
  • Lorabella
    Lorabella
    Out of my 3 free crates I got the northern lynx pet, the swarming crows momento, the stag-heart skull sallet mask, and the Buoyant Armiger motif (I took a screenshot as proof). Oh, and some consumables which I traded for gems.

I then spent 5000 crowns on 15 crates (hoping I would get the black bear mount and black bear cub), and I got the apex skeletal guar mount, the dragon warrior costume, the wood elf jaqspur costume, the high elf dominion scout costume, 3x tattoos, murderous strike momento, nocturnal indigo lip tint, and the darloc brae beast mask. Again I traded all of the consumables for gems.

Still don't have enough gems for my black bear mount, so I may end up buying more crates next payday.... a bit sad that I have to gamble for this stuff, but we all have our vices - I guess this is mine!
    PS4 NA Server CP 630+

(EP) | Avariella – Dunmer Templar – Magicka Healer, Main Character and Tamriel Quester
    (AD) | Lorabella – Imperial Nightblade – Stamina Damage Dealer, Master Thief and Werewolf
    (DC) | Wild-Heart – Argonian Warden – Stamina Healer, Y'ffre's Guardian
    (EP) | Ra’Kharjo – Khajiit Sorceror – Magicka Healer and PVP Kitten
    (AD) | Esthaenii – Altmer Dragonknight – Magicka Healer and Fire Mage
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You're probably getting a lot of people who don't buy Crates who got the free ones this time.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    I think the drop rates are going down. I bought 15 and didn't get single gold item. Mostly just lip gloss. I'm not buying anymore of these this season.
    Drop rates for Gold items are coming up at about 13% at the moment, which is not very different from the 15% of the last crate season.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc You might want to add more rows in the addon sheet tab yet again. :#
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it was like this before but, wheb opening crates I would get multiples of same costume on same set of cards.
    Xbox One Na
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're probably getting a lot of people who don't buy Crates who got the free ones this time.

Agreed; that, and people really love skeletons :D Some players have been looking forward to these for ages
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc, I think there is a formula error in where you calculate the drop rates by item type for rare apex mounts (Reaper's Harvest Crates tab, cell D38). The formula is listed as "=((D5+D12+D14)/D31)*100" , but D12 and D14 are regular apex mounts. I think this might be a copy over from the last season of crates, but needs updating because you listed the rare mounts at top this season.

Hopefully I made sense with my explanation.

Thanks for the hard work collecting this data.