The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Writ survey poll

pod88kk
pod88kk
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Should rubedo scraps be in the clothier surveys?
Edited by pod88kk on September 26, 2017 3:34PM

Writ survey poll 57 votes

Yes
80%
SoleyaSolarikenvailjohn_ESOGlassHalfFullOnuCpt_TeemoidkPurpleDrankLinaleahSpacemonkeyCaffeinatedMayhemWldKardentheogenicsmacx250DefiltedMilwaukeeScottSGT_Wolfe101stMusekininKanchouOeildefeu91reiverx 46 votes
No
19%
Fat_Cat45NewBlacksmurfzariaRunspod88kkFluffyReachWitchSFDBRunscheiNaomi_KApache_KidStorymaster 11 votes
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I think they shouldn't be as they are so plentiful,cheap to buy & easy to farm in the game. Ancestor silk on the other hand is a real pain to get for someone like myself who goes through almost 150 a day on writs.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    This is one of those careful what you wish for scenarios. Originally it was just cloth. And it took awhile to feel the pain of the switch but here we are now with cloth being worth 4-5 times as much as the other materials. I would love to see them go back, but I doubt they will.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Aren't they? As far as I know you can get them from surveys unless they've changed things. Rubedo scraps come from the furriers traps.
    Edited by CheepsNSalsa on September 26, 2017 4:45PM
    Options
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Why should they remove them? Dont fix it aint broken!
    Options
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Aren't they? As far as I know you can get them from surveys unless they've changed things. Rubedo scraps come from the furriers traps.

Umm I just did 5 and I got them in all 5?
    Options
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This is a troll post right? Since I just did 5 surveys and you get them in the furriers traps
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    pod88kk wrote: »
    I think they shouldn't be as they are so plentiful,cheap to buy & easy to farm in the game. Ancestor silk on the other hand is a real pain to get for someone like myself who goes through almost 150 a day on writs.

I have twice as much silk as I do leather.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I liked clothes surveys a lot more when they were 6 nodes of silk, instead of the current 4 silk and 2 hide.

Rubedo has just become so saturated over time since it can drop from enemies, unlike silk.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Sorry I think I phrased it wrong, it should be "Should rubedo leather scraps be removed from the clothing surveys"
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Actually just close the post I've made a mess of it.

The main point I was trying to make was there should only be silk in the clothier surveys because its way more expensive and takes longer to farm
    Options
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lobsters for Lambs™
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have slightly less leather than silk, but as I have over 7k leather and 9k silk I'm not too concerned either way.

As far as I'm concerned surveys are just ways to boost the amount I can refine in one go, in the vain hope that if I process enough then maybe, just maybe, this time the RNG will average out and I'll get a reasonable drop of tempers...
    Options
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once again, a survey with insufficient options...

I would vote other, and the other is to adjust the drops...right now, there are 4 silks & 2 rubedos, but the silks drop far fewer pieces than the rubedos do. I've seen rubedo survey nodes sometimes drop over 60 pieces, whereas I don't often see the silk nodes drop more than 20 to 24. I'd increase the silk pieces, and make it 5 nodes to 1.
    Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think they changed it before one tamriel so rubedo only dropped in limited places. Now it isn't as much as a problem to aquire.
    Options
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Should be more common in writs too. I seem to get 3-4 silk writs per 1 leather writ.

Have 4k leather and a few hundred silk.
    Options
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Soleya wrote: »
    Should be more common in writs too. I seem to get 3-4 silk writs per 1 leather writ.

Have 4k leather and a few hundred silk.

This, id have a ton of silk if it wasnt that 80% of the clothier writs i get are all for light armor.
    Might be just bad RNG though.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You get hide from all animal class creatures including mud crabs and harpies. They drop both overland and in group content.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... I'm going with toaster. I think there should be more toasters.
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I think the OP wants them pulled out of surveys, which is the way it used to be.

I can't see the point of reversing the change and in 12 months time we get another poll asking for them to be put back.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The best places to collect rubedo hides are infested with bots.

I am glad to get some from surveys so I don't have to compete with macros.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
    Options