The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bad Ping and Crashes

Jiandao
Jiandao
✭✭✭
Hi,

Since the last update I've been getting high ping spikes followed by eventual crashes to log in screen. The issue has been getting worse and worse over the last 2 or 3 weeks and now I can barely play. My FPS is good, but ping sits at around 50-60 and then can shoot up to over 10k and yesterday I saw a 12k spike, rubber banding and crash after crash to log in screen. Tonight it has been the same story. I played during the day with no issues today, but tonight it is unplayable. I have never had any issues with the game until recently even on ultra high settings.

I am on EU PC. I am not playing on a wireless connection, but on Ethernet. I have not changed anything on my PC or game settings. I contacted my ISP twice and both times they ran checks and there is no issue from their end. I have run several internet speed tests and my ping is <1ms, Download is 46.25 Mbps and Upload is 9.19 Mbps. I have Intel i7 6700K and 3 GeForce GTX 970. My PC does not have a problem with other games. Just this one. And just in the last few weeks.

Regards,

Jiandao
  • DanStartheFirst
    DanStartheFirst
    ✭✭✭
    Possible issue between you and the server had the same issue a while back when all the DDOSing was going on try a VPN if you are able to might fix the issue usually this is an isolated issue (I was one of the few for a while)