The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Good dungeon guides?

Moro-Murasaki
In my last MMO there were quite a few YouTubers putting out quality guides for dungeons/trials (Mizteq, MrHappy, etc) but when I search up dungeon guides for ESO I have yet to stumble accross a total gem that makes quick, comprehensive guides. I'm trying to do my random dungeon queue every day and when I get something level appropriate it is easy enough to handle as everything is so forgiving.

Yesterday I got Cradle of Shadows. I had queued with someone I met from the forums here who was CP660 and if he hadn't been there with all that damage I don't think the group would have made it. I was on healer and don't have my entire kit yet (yay just got to morph for Combat Prayer!) and then the DPS I didn't queue with was also new though in his mid 40's instead of 25 like me.

To his credit the tank gave brief descriptions in voice chat but then he also got one-shotted at one point. We cleared with minimal deaths (just the tank that one time then the other DPS and I during the final boss where you have to stay still then roll dodge; I think I could have made it but the tank kept telling me to not go yet and I missed my window) but still it was really close.

So yeah... Anyone know a reliable guide source? At this point my plan is to run everything once and then do everything once as I unlock it so I always know what's going on in my dailies. I'm open to videos or written guides.
  • dyn0m1k3
    dyn0m1k3
    ✭✭
    Bump! I'm also looking for good text / video guides. Done a couple of the early dungeons but don't want to queue for randoms incase I get a tricky one and have no idea what to do! (I'm a tank so dat pressure...)
    Xbox Series X EU Server GT: dyn0m1k3
  • aeonDragonfly
    aeonDragonfly
    ✭✭
    Emphatic Static has some really helpful dungeon guide videos on You Tube.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HeroOfNone has some guides it seems.
    Credit to the find is @MissBizz though I am just posting them.

Edited by Turelus on September 25, 2017 1:46PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Like already told. If u type eso dungeon guides on youtube you will get alot of good results.

More important is that players should know the role they are playing. I was in a dungeon where tank was running like headless chicken and never did I see him using taunt... thats what is more frustrating than the mechanics. After all we only have like 6 dungeons (dlc dungeons) where the mechanics really matter and on trials also.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the other dungeon guides are old, and don't explain the fights that well in today's terms. Most bosses act more like mini bosses like @shack80 said, but it's important to recognize some of the one shot mechanics if you're going for achievement runs. Also ZOS has snuck a few difficult to understand bosses in the base game content.

And @Turelus is correct, I'm working up a dungeon video series focusing on bosses. I'm currently showing off every dungeon I can, starting with mostly the base game dungeons, but I'm not finished yet.

As for general tanking guidelines you can read that writeup, and I am work up some meta pve sets for all roles (which needs more polish)
    Edited by HeroOfNone on September 25, 2017 3:25PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Moro-Murasaki
    Thank you guys very much!

I'll be sure to check all of these out.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has my favorite text-based dungeon guide for people like me who prefer to read instead of watching videos: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/298870/guide-normal-version-i-dungeon-mechanics-101

Its an old guide that does not include the II versions of dungeons, but is excellent at describing the boss mechanics for normal I and full story dungeons.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has my favorite text-based dungeon guide for people like me who prefer to read instead of watching videos: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/298870/guide-normal-version-i-dungeon-mechanics-101

Its an old guide that does not include the II versions of dungeons, but is excellent at describing the boss mechanics for normal I and full story dungeons.

Yeah, kind of prime example of old guides that don't explain certain mechanics, the guide is about a year old though. A lot has changed in that time frame and a lot more is understood.

Example Banished Cells 1: no explication how the clan fear charges the furthest one in the room

Example tempest island: no mentions on gusts of wind, tells folks to stay out of her AOE range which also triggers her charge, etc.

I might do brief writeups when completed, but that's several dungeons away.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Static

Stamina sORCerer