The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite loading screens

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
For the past two days, I saw number of people get infinite loading screens all the time, and finally it caught up with me as well. I've had four today alone.
What's going on with the servers?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Please double check the definition of 'infinite.'
    2. Disable your addons. If you haven't been on in a while, you likely have one that is taking a long time to update data or is corrupt. Addon refresh is usually what extends your loading screen times to a long, albeit finite amount.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Disable your addons. If you haven't been on in a while, you likely have one that is taking a long time to update data or is corrupt. Addon refresh is usually what extends your loading screen times to a long, albeit finite amount.
    Damn, you beat me to it.

As said above, try without add-ons and see if they're the issue. Otherwise check your own connections etc.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

To the best of my knowledge it is indeed infinite. They do not just "take long" to load - it _never_ loads. The only remedy is to force close the game and restart. Not sure why you are cherry-picking on something as unimportant as his choice of wording due to your personal opinion as to correct usage. Surely a different choice of phrasing would change nothing of the underlying issue he is trying to address - which is that there is a flaw in the game recently introduced.

On-topic; I, and others I group with, have also been experiencing this infinite loading screen in the past few days. Having to constantly restart the game when a teleport gets stuck is getting very tedious.
    [EU PC]
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be really silly to keep posting. 80% or so of replies are trolls or generally annoying, stupid, or at least offtopic and unhelpful comments.
    Edited by Octopuss on September 25, 2017 1:03PM
  • Oldaraness
    Oldaraness
    ✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    For the past two days, I saw number of people get infinite loading screens all the time, and finally it caught up with me as well. I've had four today alone.

Sorry, do you have Vodafone as internet provider?
    In Italy, Vodafone has a lot of problems from 15 days ago... and not only with ESO... but only for online games, for all the other things internet connection is ok. From 01.00 at night Eso and other online massive games work fine as usual...

(sorry, mt english isn't so good)
    Ale
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agree. Since last week me and few other guildies are getting infinite loading screens really often, recent examples:

- loading Battleground map
    - respawning in Battleground after death
    - porting to a friend's house
    - porting to a trial

I usually had infinite loading screens only in Cyrodill, but now they occur everywhere.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be really silly to keep posting. 80% or so of replies are trolls or generally annoying, stupid, or at least offtopic and unhelpful comments.
    Did you try without add-ons?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There must be something going on for sure because during last weekend I also noticed the comeback of long and sometimes indeed infinite loading screens. Not only in Cyrodiil but also when I port to BGs after accepting the ready check. Sometimes I even need to restart the game.

And yes, the problem occurs even after disabling addons.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Did you try without add-ons?

This has absolutely nothing to do with addons. Did you notice how I specifically wrote "past two days" in the first post?
    If it was caused by addons, I would have problems ever since I started using them, and not just in the past two days.
    It's impossible to troubleshoot (and I believe there's nothing to troubleshoot as it quite obviously is server problem), because in my case, it happend about four times over 10 hours or so. Even if I did disable all addons, I wouldn't be able to draw any conclusions from that.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again, I'm sitting now in endless loading screen because I ported to my own house...

What the heck have you guys done last week to the servers? It's not fault of my addons (disabled), my internet connection is the same as usual, not fault of my PC. 2 weeks ago everything was fine, now I'm afraid to teleport anywhere because I may be stuck in loading screen again.

And I'm NOT the only one who recently started having this problem! @ZOS_GinaBruno