The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bouldertree Refuge ~ Garden of Eden II

Incognitius
Incognitius
✭✭✭✭✭
Now with an actual garden and with 100% more cute Bosmer. ;-)

This is a home I created for my Bosmer Warden, so it had to have lots of expensive trees.
Everything in it is bought with gold (afaik), which makes me exceptionally broke.
I first had bought Snugpod for this char, but I really missed having a garden, so I moved this character to a bigger home.

Again, first a tease to decide whether or not you want to click on the spoiler tags. :)

9ESZTXu.png

The screens are all made at night, because I believe it looks the best in the dark. I spend so many item slots on lighting, so it should!
I also do have pictures of the place during the daytime, so let me know if anyone is interested in that.

Front view as you port in the house
Jx2JBy5.png

The garden on the right side of the pods
FEZsEld.png
ZNW6lcS.png
2xK9O9N.png
rouxYlC.png

I love the windows of these pods <3. But we really need more furnishings with bodies of water, I keep using the same fountain over and over again. :D

The garden on the left side of the pods
0rfcbyY.png
PdLc8yM.png
srmbhJ5.png
Nl1U49n.png
The mount of choice of this char is a wolf, so the garden really needed that wolf statue from the Riften achievement furnisher. :)

In many videos of Bouldertree Refuge and Gorinor Estate that I've seen, planks are used to create passages through the trees. I wanted to create something like this, but with less planks, so I used a lot of boulders to create ramps up the sides of the estate. It's called Bouldertree Refuge for a reason! I did use some planks here and there so I could place chairs and benches people actually can sit on. :D
The ramps are kind of tricky, so it is recommended to visit only if you are a Bosmer, because you may need that reduced fall damage passive. :D

Ramping up the right side of the estate
4rvJO6d.png
G9ywY3n.png
m3AvsuR.png
quIo3hS.png
yNV4frC.png
atsZ6Og.png

Ramping up the left side of the estate
mFCRjCx.png
6VvS9GZ.png
OCKBCR8.png
X3WGvRc.png
AnkoCSX.png

Alchemy and Enchanting Pod
It's becoming kind of a signature part of my homes. :D
tlVE1eU.png
c0my0Au.png
ETpOCKa.png
4IEoehI.png

Cooking & Bathing & Sleeping Pod
Usually my bosmer just prefers to eat in the garden, and sleep in her tent outside, but sometimes the weather really sucks. During such times, it is handy to have such facilities also in a closed off pod.
IWVuQMr.png
drp0LoO.png
AGBOgE5.png
e3dvHul.png
I wanted this pod to be truly Bosmer for my character, even though Bosmer is far from my favourite furnishing type. ^^"
Small annoyance with these pods is that the surface is uneven. You can't place chairs on the floor and expect your char to sit on it. In Snugpod I 'fixed' this buy putting planks underneath the diner area. Didn't do it here, because I want to cut down on the planking, and because it doesn't look great. If someone has a better solution, let me know. :)

The encore - some shots of the garden from the bridge between the two pods
siHJJ0R.png
hpe8pdD.png
Edited by Incognitius on September 24, 2017 4:34PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!