The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This may be scrubby but how do I level provisioning the fastest way

Cameron991
Cameron991
✭✭✭✭
The title says it's all I realized food is extremely important and it's taking forever is there a trick? Thanks for the help
  • auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Find or buy high level recipes. You can make them even if you can't eat/drink the products. The higher the level of the recipe, the more exp you get. If you are short of ingredients, loot every barrel, box, bag, sack you find in most delves or houses.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Find or buy high level recipes. You can make them even if you can't eat/drink the products. The higher the level of the recipe, the more exp you get. If you are short of ingredients, loot every barrel, box, bag, sack you find in most delves or houses.
    The whole goal is to craft witch mothers brew I can't do that till I can make purple recipes that's what I'm trying to get
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you already have a supply of ingredients and skill points then start out by putting skill points in provisioning and buy the highest level recipe that you are able to make.

Make that recipe until you go up 10 levels and then use a skill point to upgrade your provisioning one more level.

After using the skill point fast travel to another tavern and then they should have a higher level recipe available to purchase.

Repeat the process, make the new recipe for 10 levels, use skill point, travel, buy recipe, repeat...

Process should take less than 30 minutes to hit level 50 and then you can sell all the junk drink/food you made.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    The whole goal is to craft witch mothers brew I can't do that till I can make purple recipes that's what I'm trying to get

Make the highest level Green recipes you can. Blues and Purples give the same Inspiration as Greens do, but use up more mats. Vendor the results to an NPC.

It really only takes about 20 minutes to max out provisioning as long as you have recipes and mats to progress through. And you don't need to max it to unlock Purple recipes.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find people often get confused with the lowest level recipes. The lowest level is recipe improvement 1. But it is not the same as food for level 1 players. In fact recipe improvement 1 contains food made for player levels 1, 5, 10 and 15. All these can be crafted at lowest level. The important thing is that food for player level 15 gives vastly more XP than food for player level 1.

So whatever you do, find your first recipe(s) that are green, recipe improvement 1, and for player level 15.

Really, leveling with Chicken Breast may need thousands of portions to get to next level. With player level 15 recipe you need about hundred.

After the first level it's easier. There is not a big difference between e.g. level 20 and 25 recipes.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Make the highest level Green recipes you can. Blues and Purples give the same Inspiration as Greens do, but use up more mats. Vendor the results to an NPC.
    agree.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on September 25, 2017 11:49PM