The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Really need help getting Minion to run

sarbonn
sarbonn
✭✭✭
I've read through practically every thread I can find on this problem, but I can't come up with a solution. I just bought a brand new computer that is now running Windows 10, and I cannot get the game to run any mods at all.

I've tried reinstalling.
I've tried running in administrator mode.
I've tried running in Compatibility mode for Windows 7.

I don't know what to do any more. I've moved file structures about 70 times trying to get something to work, but NOTHING.

Is there a current solution to this problem? I'm at wit's end here, and I hate trying to play this game without addons, meaning I'm probably going to just end up quitting and having to find another game, even though I've been playing this thing for years.
Clueless, but willing to learn.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why use Minion at all?
    confused24.gif

Just decompress the AddOn in your C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns folder and if it's not out of date you'll be able to see it under the AddOn menu once you're logged in.

They really can't make this any simpler, i never had a need for Minion ...
    type.gif
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    The game is not reading anything from any addon folders.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarbonn wrote: »
    The game is not reading anything from any addon folders.
    Does this folder exists on your PC and if so, what are its contents?
    C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    On some Windows 10 machines it may be located in %userprofile%\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\ if One Drive is active.

On some computers, the folder can be elsewhere on the computer. A search of file UserSettings.txt is able to help you in order to find the correct path.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    Ayantir, you figured it out. That's exactly what happened. When I set the path to the onedrive folder where it was, it started working properly.

Onedrive will definitely be the death of me one of these days, as I keep trying to turn it off, and it drags me right back again.

Thank you all.