The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

@ MELEE stamblades. Best allocation of CP?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Decided to run an old melee stamblade build again. But I need to reallocate her CP. Any suggestions where to put them to get theh most bang for her buck. I also need to have Windrunning passive opened for mobility and just generally getting around lol.
All suggestions gratefully received :smiley:
Edited by Bam_Bam on September 22, 2017 8:20PM
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it really depends on your gear, race, and other stuff. Example, are you a bosmer? Maybe put less into stamina recovery since racial passives give you so much. Have a build with very little crit? Maybe don't focus so much on crit damage because it may not benefit you. Maybe it will.

Personally I mix CP to compliment my build but also don't forget to strengthen weakness. Just don't go overboard because as we all know about ESO, having a jack of all trades build isn't always the strongest.

So here is my question to you: what role do you want to play? I'd assume DPS but I'll ask anyways. Are you a ganker, 1vXer or group player? What gear setup are you currently using? How much CP do you currently have? Once I know these things I can give you some advice for CP allocation.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, how you spend your blue CPs depends very much on your build - but here's the optimal setup for red CPs in PvP:
    56 Ironclad, 43 Resistant, 56 Hardy, 56 Elemental Defender, 9 Thick Skinned

Green is also fairly simple for the most part: 56 Mooncalf, 56 Arcanist, 56 Tumbling, 11 Tenacity & 51 Warlord - though if you run something like Lethal Arrow you should probably remove some points from Warlord & put them into Befoul.

Also if you run heavy armor, perhaps some points into Shadow Ward rather than Tumbling/Warlord.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades do well with 72pts into master at arms. All our attacks are nearly direct damage. And since MaA scales very well it’s worth the 72. I also like to hit at least 5k physical pen through whatever means. IMO it’s best through cp and one armor piece maybe and use a nirnhoned 2H these days. I’d put like an extra 10% into mighty for poison injection and whatever. Some into crit for the heals and like 5% into both blessed and the red healing node forget what it’s called. Thaumaturge is not particularly useful to stamblades. For easy reference, three YouTubers have helped me get started with stamblades, Despotic and Jules Xii and also Legendary Gaming.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 25, 2017 6:43PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Stamblades do well with 72pts into master at arms. All our attacks are nearly direct damage. And since MaA scales very well it’s worth the 72. I also like to hit at least 5k physical pen through whatever means. IMO it’s best through cp and one armor piece maybe and use a nirnhoned 2H these days. I’d put like an extra 10% into mighty for poison injection and whatever. Some into crit for the heals and like 5% into both blessed and the red healing node forget what it’s called. Thaumaturge is not particularly useful to stamblades. For easy reference, three YouTubers have helped me get started with stamblades, Despotic and Jules Xii and also Legendary Gaming.

Thermaturge helps poison injection.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

While I agree with the whole MaA thing... I still would like to point out that: Crit Rush DoT + Ravage Health Poison + Injection is actually quite a lot of damage (especially when Incap is applied), so forsaking Thaum isn't always a good idea. DoTs are what put the most pressure on while allowing you to do other stuff (like taking the time to prepare the burst).

For PvP I usually go with: 56 Mighty, 66 MaA, 66 Precise Strikes, 20 Thaum, 12 Piercing. I do run Two Fanged + Bone Pirate though so I don't need much penetration from CP.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, I was all excited and happy - day off, coffee brewed, about to explain about my CP.........MAINTENANCE. LOL

Once I can get back in I'll go over what I've got.

FWIW - my char is pure melee, DW on the front bar and 2h on the back and running 5 Spriggans / 5 Coward's gear / 2 Selene (Very tempted to switch this for Grothdarr but for now, I love the setup and it is a lot of fun to play - almost perma-Major Expedition and Protection and hits really hard. The CP are the cherry on the cake so to speak, although I'm still tinkering - thank you for all the contributions made in the thread,absolutely super-helpful and an ace resource for future use! *bookmarked* ;)
    Edited by Bam_Bam on September 27, 2017 10:39AM
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara