The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorc magicka healer or Templar healer for vet trials these days?

Thunderknuckles
Thunderknuckles
✭✭✭✭
I started playing again about 3 months ago and made my first mage healer a couple of nights ago. WHile Googling for ideas on decent set ups I began to see that Templar healers had been much more in demand for trials. All those posts are about 3 years old. Have mages become more viable for the tough end game stuff?

Edited title to say "Sorc". lol
Edited by Thunderknuckles on September 21, 2017 11:25PM
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess you mean sorc anyway sorcerers are not preferred for trials. If you want to heal trials go templar my friend.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc Healers can certainly complete most content. Trials teams, however, prefer templars or a templar and a warden. Both classes have access to a lot of class-based healing skills, buffs, and passives on top of their gear. In comparison, MagSorcs simply have fewer options with class-based heals and the resto staff, although they can certainly do a lot with what they have. I regularly run dungeons with a MagSorc Healer and have no complaints. In trials, most MagSorcs fit better into the role of DPS. The utility of templars and wardens simply outshines MagSorc Healers for trials.

However, I'm sure that there is at least one MagSorc healer who regularly runs trials out there. There always is. If you really want to try out your MagSorc Healer in trials, start with normal trials. If that goes well, I'd suggest going into vet trials with a friendly guild group who is willing to let you experiment. If you know a guild that does training runs, that might be a good way to start out. Ultimately, if you can heal, buff, and support your group through a trials, that speaks louder than not being a preferred class for the role.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear we got another one.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 22, 2017 12:03PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why doesn't my guide come up on Google? I am pretty confident it's most advance one existence. Also definitely one that highlights strengths to best. I suppose really should post a trial version. Excluding my guide there are about seven guides in existence for sorrecer healers and half which are questionable. Which is odd because they definitely very popular and strong choice.

They show up 2nd most number times when I queued...used be nightblades...but you know .... Wardens are popular too, but more so my masses then actually people who often play healers. ( Also locked in chapter)

Healers are always in demand. Skilled healers even more so. Nobody truly notices your class these days for healers. I even had my recent raid group had discussion one night that lead sorc healer jokes... joke was on him cause I healed him. I even had a few dungeons were they were like I thought you were a Templar.

Hmm, back on point sorrecer make superior class for random veteran dungeons. You have to be really really really bad for me not able be to carry you or support you. As seen in game they are more offensive yet flexible support. I think though best highlight ability to slot 15 skills ( though some take 3 slots) Also there's a popular blend of dps/ hybrid . In general I think they handle chaos better.

Templar or template healers...kidding...but most guides are built around them and things are probably tested with them as you will notice a few class specific bugs or oversights in older content. Overall though Templars definitely well suited to most plans in trials and have some practical skills that give them the edge.

So yes and yes?
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    As @Tasear pointed out sorcs work well in vet 4 mans as you will end up carrying people often. But once you start to tank vet hm trials if that's your thing trial leads will generally only bring Templars. There are exceptions ofc to the meta as I've run with sap tanks and dk healers but it isn't often so it's all up to what you want to do eventually.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Progress guilds usually have Templars, since they are simply the most reliable and effective. However Sorcs can be effective in every vet trial and in my opinion still beat Warden, DK and NB by a lot. There is also no real difference in setups. You run the exact same sets and apart from 2-3 skills the same bar setup.

I healed everything except vHoF on Sorc so far without real issues. I don't bring it for leaderboardruns but it's totally fine for decent scores in weeklies and stuff like that.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the replies, all. I decided to go Templar. He's only at lvl 33 right now, but I'm having a blast with him. Like some of you have pointed out, he can heal like crazy and still do some decent support DPS if needed. Excited to see how things shape up when I get him to 50.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I appreciate the replies, all. I decided to go Templar. He's only at lvl 33 right now, but I'm having a blast with him. Like some of you have pointed out, he can heal like crazy and still do some decent support DPS if needed. Excited to see how things shape up when I get him to 50.

And another was lost.... sigh..
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

And another was lost.... sigh..

It doesn't mean I won't make a Sorc. ha ha
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc heal is the new templar :)