The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Not-Templar Healers

Bherdani
Bherdani
✭✭✭
So many folks have asked about healing on other classes I feel compelled to oblige. But since I only run Templars, what help am I? Instead I found someone who has successfully demonstrated their builds work in all vet trials. Oila!

http://elderscrubsonline.com/alternatives/

A separate page for Wardens is forthcoming...
Nightfighters - Legion of the Bloodworks
www.elderscrubsonline.com
NO PARKING IN THE RED
Proud member of The Psijic Order - Team 0.016%
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing about the Meta is, if the Meta is 100% of the potential maximum, a lot of the other build choices are going to get you to 98% or 99%, most builds done with some thought and care will get you to 95% of the maximum.

But, man, missing that 1%, it is the greatest travesty in gaming since they allowed crowning in checkers. Or something like that. Thing is, no recap I have ever seen ever lead me to believe that if I had 5% more whatever, I would not have died.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield Sorc Healer

Hi guys! I'm not much of a Meta player so take this build with a pinch of salt. The basic idea behind the build is to use the innate ability of the sorcerer to stack shields ( though you can do this on other classes albeit with a different focus ) to heal. This build plays out much like the discipline priests of WoW.

Main bar:
    Healing Ward - this is your main healing spell. The big difference between this and mutagen is that mutagen randomly chooses its target, given its proximity. Healing Ward targets the lowest health ally and more often than not, the target that is missing a % percentage of their missing health would be the tank.

Bone Surge - Surprised? I took this because a 60% of health as a shield is not something to laugh at, especially for tanks that go for high health builds. even at 30k, an 18k shield that's gives you minor vitality and also gaining resources through Undaunted Command passive. The only caveat about this ability is that your allies need to acitvate the synergy.

Combat Prayer - This is another healer staple, as a healer, you shouldn't be leaving home without it. Minor berserk, ward and resolve all rolled into an aoe heal. What's not to like?

Healing Springs - This is the most efficient heal in my opinion, its almost basically free if you have a full group healed within the healing radius.

Twilight Matriarch - This is the panic button heal that all Sorcerers have. It is however not as effective at healing as BoL but it's not that bad. The key is to keep it alive.

Offhand Bar
    Necrotic Orb - or commonly known as the green balls. I would argue that having the blue balls ( or Mystic Orb) would be better in terms of helping out with dps but this is entirely up to the player. This works hand in hand with Bone Surge and also the synergy it provides.

Empowered Ward - This is another 'must have' for this build. I would also make the option to swap with Bone Surge so you can always keep your pet alive within the main bar. It also gives minor intellect to all nearby allies.

Elemental Drain - This augments the 'utility' offhand bar, since it helps lots with the group magicka recovery. You can change this to a dps skill in good groups that doesn't need that much help with healing. Pulsar, unstable blockade or even Lightning Flood can help out with the damage.

Utility slot - There are many options for Sorcerers to use this slots. You can use Harness Magicka in fights that have alot of magic attacks, such as in large groups or boss fights eg Spindle clutch 1 HM. You can also use Unstoppable for fights with PUG group so rez's are much easier. You can also use Lightning Flood, and make use of the synergy to help your allies regain back that resources through Undaunted Command.

Twilight Matriarch - It has to be double barred.

Ultimate
    As with every support role, Aggressive warhorn is a must for the utility it provides. However there are other options if you are a only PvE player ( kinda like me haha ). Light's Champion is an awesome ultimate, cheap and works really well with Healing Ward though you need to be near the target. Suppression Field / Absorption Field both works well with group control. This ability is a God send in Pugs that have trouble with large group fights such as Daedroth boss in CoA2 ( not too sure of the dungeon ). My personal choice is Light's Champion for the main bar and Suppression Field for the offhand bar.

Gameplay
    As you can tell, I mainly use Healing Ward for heals. I'll pop Springs when the tank engages the boss and ward them up. Combat prayer whenever it is needed. if Empowered Ward is on the main bar, then I pop it while heavy attacking to return resources and to gain Major Mending. I do take time to ask the group to stack (while this might be misconstrued as bossy), there's many times Ive done DC2 hm when I'm able to out heal the poison phase when the group stays stack up. Springs, Matriarch, and ward when needed. The main thing about this build is that you need to have a substantial max magicka while having good magicka recovery.

The build plays out more as a utility healer, which is the main reason why i compare it with the Disc priest. It's a different way of healing and helps out magicka users foremost. The build also requires a more reactive healing which is why SPC doesn't really help much.

Race
    Breton is the best for these build since it doesn't need high spell power, rather magicka recovery. Maximum magicka is useful as well but ultimately, no magicka no heals. Argonian is another good choice. But honestly, any race can do, even a Bosmer since you do make full use of the stamina pool. My own sorcerer healer is a nord, making full use of maximum health and the innate minor protection. (because sometimes a 23k health healer might be the difference between a live healer and a dead one, and as they say, dead heals means no heals)

Item & weapon Sets
    I currently use Lich with Worm Cult. You can also use Magnus with Worm Cult or even with SPC, but ultimately, you are not out healing much with the build. Seducer is good, but with Worm Cult, it's not that much needed. I've even tried Willows path and Withered hand for recovery purposes, but with the Breton race, it's just too much of an overkill and the 3,4 stats aren't that much to shout out.

I use decisive Restoration Staff main hand and charged lightning staff offhand. I'll heavy attack with the resto staff though having the lightning staff increases the chances to proc concussion.

Champion Points
    Damage shields and healing done. Magicka and stamina recovery. reduced direct damage taken and magic damage done. You can put in damage over time done, and also elemental magic but quite honestly tis all up to the player.

TLDR
    Pros: Utility healer, with great survivability. Excellent group synergy. Magicka for days.
    Cons: reactive rather than proactive. Not much stamina support.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    Shield Sorc Healer

Hi guys! I'm not much of a Meta player so take this build with a pinch of salt. The basic idea behind the build is to use the innate ability of the sorcerer to stack shields ( though you can do this on other classes albeit with a different focus ) to heal. This build plays out much like the discipline priests of WoW.

Main bar:
    Healing Ward - this is your main healing spell. The big difference between this and mutagen is that mutagen randomly chooses its target, given its proximity. Healing Ward targets the lowest health ally and more often than not, the target that is missing a % percentage of their missing health would be the tank.

Bone Surge - Surprised? I took this because a 60% of health as a shield is not something to laugh at, especially for tanks that go for high health builds. even at 30k, an 18k shield that's gives you minor vitality and also gaining resources through Undaunted Command passive. The only caveat about this ability is that your allies need to acitvate the synergy.

Combat Prayer - This is another healer staple, as a healer, you shouldn't be leaving home without it. Minor berserk, ward and resolve all rolled into an aoe heal. What's not to like?

Healing Springs - This is the most efficient heal in my opinion, its almost basically free if you have a full group healed within the healing radius.

Twilight Matriarch - This is the panic button heal that all Sorcerers have. It is however not as effective at healing as BoL but it's not that bad. The key is to keep it alive.

Offhand Bar
    Necrotic Orb - or commonly known as the green balls. I would argue that having the blue balls ( or Mystic Orb) would be better in terms of helping out with dps but this is entirely up to the player. This works hand in hand with Bone Surge and also the synergy it provides.

Empowered Ward - This is another 'must have' for this build. I would also make the option to swap with Bone Surge so you can always keep your pet alive within the main bar. It also gives minor intellect to all nearby allies.

Elemental Drain - This augments the 'utility' offhand bar, since it helps lots with the group magicka recovery. You can change this to a dps skill in good groups that doesn't need that much help with healing. Pulsar, unstable blockade or even Lightning Flood can help out with the damage.

Utility slot - There are many options for Sorcerers to use this slots. You can use Harness Magicka in fights that have alot of magic attacks, such as in large groups or boss fights eg Spindle clutch 1 HM. You can also use Unstoppable for fights with PUG group so rez's are much easier. You can also use Lightning Flood, and make use of the synergy to help your allies regain back that resources through Undaunted Command.

Twilight Matriarch - It has to be double barred.

Ultimate
    As with every support role, Aggressive warhorn is a must for the utility it provides. However there are other options if you are a only PvE player ( kinda like me haha ). Light's Champion is an awesome ultimate, cheap and works really well with Healing Ward though you need to be near the target. Suppression Field / Absorption Field both works well with group control. This ability is a God send in Pugs that have trouble with large group fights such as Daedroth boss in CoA2 ( not too sure of the dungeon ). My personal choice is Light's Champion for the main bar and Suppression Field for the offhand bar.

Gameplay
    As you can tell, I mainly use Healing Ward for heals. I'll pop Springs when the tank engages the boss and ward them up. Combat prayer whenever it is needed. if Empowered Ward is on the main bar, then I pop it while heavy attacking to return resources and to gain Major Mending. I do take time to ask the group to stack (while this might be misconstrued as bossy), there's many times Ive done DC2 hm when I'm able to out heal the poison phase when the group stays stack up. Springs, Matriarch, and ward when needed. The main thing about this build is that you need to have a substantial max magicka while having good magicka recovery.

The build plays out more as a utility healer, which is the main reason why i compare it with the Disc priest. It's a different way of healing and helps out magicka users foremost. The build also requires a more reactive healing which is why SPC doesn't really help much.

Race
    Breton is the best for these build since it doesn't need high spell power, rather magicka recovery. Maximum magicka is useful as well but ultimately, no magicka no heals. Argonian is another good choice. But honestly, any race can do, even a Bosmer since you do make full use of the stamina pool. My own sorcerer healer is a nord, making full use of maximum health and the innate minor protection. (because sometimes a 23k health healer might be the difference between a live healer and a dead one, and as they say, dead heals means no heals)

Item & weapon Sets
    I currently use Lich with Worm Cult. You can also use Magnus with Worm Cult or even with SPC, but ultimately, you are not out healing much with the build. Seducer is good, but with Worm Cult, it's not that much needed. I've even tried Willows path and Withered hand for recovery purposes, but with the Breton race, it's just too much of an overkill and the 3,4 stats aren't that much to shout out.

I use decisive Restoration Staff main hand and charged lightning staff offhand. I'll heavy attack with the resto staff though having the lightning staff increases the chances to proc concussion.

Champion Points
    Damage shields and healing done. Magicka and stamina recovery. reduced direct damage taken and magic damage done. You can put in damage over time done, and also elemental magic but quite honestly tis all up to the player.

TLDR
    Pros: Utility healer, with great survivability. Excellent group synergy. Magicka for days.
    Cons: reactive rather than proactive. Not much stamina support.

Hi!

Calling Healing Springs "almost free" seems like a bit of a stretch. :) And it's not totally clear to me why the Breton's cost reduction winds up better than the Altmer's higher regeneration.

Anyhow --how are you finding Healing Ward is doing vs. its famous bugs?
    Options