The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Let us re-do mainquests

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I mean I would love to try out some different outcomes of the quests of vanilla and dlc, especially

spoiler
Save high priestess Solgra instead, didn't know there was such option

...............without recreate a new character and make a hussle
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    Make an alt....
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends if ZOS logs those choices on our characters for various reasons, and if they can separate the re-done quests from the choices made.

Don't some phases in zones depend on the outcome you have chosen? So in theory you could keep switching to get better farm spawns etc.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lelink88 wrote: »
    Make an alt....

Gotta agree here. The point of being able to make multiple characters is to play the game multiple times without the need for a way to backtrack.

Replaying a quest where you decide if NPC1 dies or if NPC2 dies and choosing the opposite option on the second run could cause confusion in the games code making it so both npcs show up as alive or both die. If both die then some quest progression issues could occur in later quests. I doubt ZOS would want to deal with such a headache, especially when another option exists already
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, use an alt instead.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    I mean I would love to try out some different outcomes of the quests of vanilla and dlc, especially

spoiler

You can save her?! How?D: I thought I did everything I could to help them and she still died...
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

spoiler

You can save her?! How?D: I thought I did everything I could to help them and she still died...

Same here, now I really want to know how she can be saved. Half my characters have not done that part of Orsinium yet.
    PC-EU
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »

spoiler

Same here, now I really want to know how she can be saved. Half my characters have not done that part of Orsinium yet.
    Supposedly if you sacrifice Talviah Aliania to the Vosh Rahk Council when doing the quest "The Anger of a King" this will allow you to save High Priestess Solgra. However I can't confirm if this is true.
    o_O
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make an alt....

what about us who did all of these quests on all 14 chars?

Zos, give us more char slots.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kamatsu wrote: »

spoiler

Supposedly if you sacrifice Talviah Aliania to the Vosh Rahk Council when doing the quest "The Anger of a King" this will allow you to save High Priestess Solgra. However I can't confirm if this is true.

I can confirm this as I have tried both options...
    If you sacrifice Talviah, the assassin's arrow misses Solgra and she survives. There are quite a few things that change if you kill him vs. sparing him, but I don't want to spoil too much! I would recommend trying both options, it was really interesting to see how much changed based off that choice.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    Kamatsu wrote: »

spoiler

I can confirm this as I have tried both options...
    If you sacrifice Talviah, the assassin's arrow misses Solgra and she survives. There are quite a few things that change if you kill him vs. sparing him, but I don't want to spoil too much! I would recommend trying both options, it was really interesting to see how much changed based off that choice.
    I see... my characters tend to be good (or at least to do good unless it benefits them otherwise) so I always opted to save Talviah.

Thanks for this info @Kamatsu and @ListerJMC
    PC-EU
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    We totally need a quest line where we get to murder Vanus.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make an alt....

Gotta agree here. The point of being able to make multiple characters is to play the game multiple times without the need for a way to backtrack.

Replaying a quest where you decide if NPC1 dies or if NPC2 dies and choosing the opposite option on the second run could cause confusion in the games code making it so both npcs show up as alive or both die. If both die then some quest progression issues could occur in later quests. I doubt ZOS would want to deal with such a headache, especially when another option exists already
    This, you also have the npc comment your action from some quests.
    Add quest chains with phasing.
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Make an alt....

what about us who did all of these quests on all 14 chars?

Zos, give us more char slots.
    This is another issue and separate. See no reason to limit number of characters, you have to pay for them and can only play once at a time.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

spoiler

Not sure such option can be done. I even went were the sniper spawns but that action resets the quest or bug it.
  • Zyjin
    Zyjin
    ✭✭
    Honestly even if it'd be somewhat cool to see some of the quests again, this would be a nightmare and a half for the coding of the game. Plus, we have the ability to make alts, which is essentially what this is for. You can honestly load up an alt and get to the main quest pretty quickly afterall.

So overall, i'm going to have to, unfortunately, disagree here
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make an alt....
    DPShiro wrote: »
    No, use an alt instead.
    Zyjin wrote: »
    Honestly even if it'd be somewhat cool to see some of the quests again, this would be a nightmare and a half for the coding of the game. Plus, we have the ability to make alts, which is essentially what this is for. You can honestly load up an alt and get to the main quest pretty quickly afterall.

People play this game with different expectation. Some go for pvp, some go for dungeon and trials, and some for RPG. And tho we can have ults, ZOS did not make this easy for RPG players who just want to see good quests

You guys say making ult like it's an easy thing for RPG players. PVE players can experience trials and dungeons over and over again without trouble, PVP get to play campaign and battleground without trouble. For them, ult is a bonus, something they can have multiple builds without spending money redistribute their skill points.

Now what about RPG players who want to re-experience some quests?
    Yeah, right, simply make an ult. If you want to re-do the quest where you confront Molag Bal, simply make an ult AND DO THE FREAKING MAIN QUESTS OF A WHOLE FACTION OVER AGAIN, and nowww you are here facing molag bal, simple right?

Oh if you think that quest is just good and you one day think about it and want do it again, simply make another ult right? It's not like running around finish the main quests of 5 regions gonna take hours and hours.

If PVE and PVP players get to stay in one char if they want to, why can't RPG players?

And it's not like the backtrack is something extremely hard to do, the changed worlds after you finish a quest with choices are run on different servers, that is why sometimes you get the notification of "your teammate is in another version of #area, would you like to travel to them?", so If I re-do some quest and made a different choice, simply default put me in the other version of this region will do

• Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zyjin wrote: »

due all respect here I doubt you have programming experience...

Which quests we done, which choices we made are simply recorded as flags on the characters, a simple tab where you can browse the quests you done, and when you choose to re-do it, simply remove the flag of this quest and all further related flags can do the trick. I'm studying computer science right now, and if an undergraduate know how to do this, so should programmers in ZOS, without much difficulties
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »

yeah right, Vanus Galerion would whoop you out. he was trained by the Psijiics, and goes on to become legendary. you, on the other hand, don't even know how to make a portal someone else can walk through!

i kid; i mean no disrespect. that dude does suck. i was all excited about getting to meet him too, that was actually a major impetus for me buying this game, and then he's a total tool. Shalidor was cooler than him and i never gave a durn about Shalidor.

but back on topic: i don't see the harm in creating an alt. role-players do it all the time. it allows them to relive adventures they're fond of while indulging in the fun of making new decisions with characters of different motivations and backgrounds. that's what RP is all about! it seems like it would be a lot less role-playery to go back in time and behave out-of-character and change the timeline of a character's life just to see what happens.

and also, the coding doesn't seem to work exactly as you described, or else i'd never see another player standing there talking to an invisible NPC who i later discover was there because of choices made in their quest. that isn't to say that makes it impossible, i'm just sure the shards serve a different function.

in the end, it's easier for you to fix this problem than for a team to take on a new workload. and i'm jealous, as i'm almost sure you roleplayers have way more fun creating an alt than players like me do
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »

As fun as that may be, later, Mannimarco would develop quite the fondness for that particular thrall. Would be mighty mean to deprive him of the fruits of his epic battles with the toady Psijic reject.
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on September 26, 2017 7:37PM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In main story please let us choose between light or dark side of the magic.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make an alt....

There will be no creation of Shrödinger's Cat in ESO. Play an alt...