The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best Practice for Group Giveaways? Does this add-on exist?

EttinTheBreton
EttinTheBreton
✭✭✭
My guild likes to give away golds to people who participate in our events. For example, during a World Boss run we would like to randomly select a few members to receive 5,000 gold. Is there an add-on that could randomly choose someone in the current group? Just picking the name itself is all I require.

(We already use a bank gold raffle add-on, this is a different situation. The only requirement to be chosen would be to be in the current group.)

Currently, I just keep a d20 handy. If there are 20 or less people in the group, I just roll that and ignore any numbers larger than the number of players. I can use multiple dice if there are more than 20 people, although that affects the probability (e.g., 7 is the most common number when rolling two d6's).

What's the best practice for group giveaways right now? Thanks! I did try searching for a similar topic, but nothing came up.
I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try putting the following in your chat while in a group:

/script d(GetUnitName(GetGroupUnitTagByIndex(math.random(GetGroupSize()))))

If i didn't mess up with syntax it will output the name of a random group member, i.e. what you asked.

Still need to copy the name to the chat of your choice manually.
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    Try putting the following in your chat while in a group:

/script d(GetUnitName(GetGroupUnitTagByIndex(math.random(GetGroupSize()))))

If i didn't mess up with syntax it will output the name of a random group member, i.e. what you asked.

Still need to copy the name to the chat of your choice manually.

Whaaat?! This would be awesome :D testing this out tonight right away when I get online, thanks much.
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton