The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Premium grouping tool rewards fixed

Eyesinthedrk
Eyesinthedrk
✭✭✭✭✭
General
Fixed an issue that caused players to get premium daily rewards more than once per day from successful groups formed through the Grouping Tool.

I realize this wasn't intended. But as a cap lvl player, it did give me much more incentive to run random pug dungeons with low levels.

Because of the morrowind new player influx, a lot of these groups would have little to no chance of success without experienced players grouping through random vet.

A lot of these pug runs didn't end till hours after the dungeons as I'd teach them how to build for their class and role, how to do a basic rotation, and even crafting them decent gear.

A lot of low level players benifitted from myself and other like me running multiple randoms a day, rather than queueing for the dailies and farming mats while waiting for it to pop. Or more likely, waiting for guildies to long in and knock out the dailies with no pugs.

Edited by Eyesinthedrk on September 20, 2017 1:48PM
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General
    Fixed an issue that caused players to get premium daily rewards more than once per day from successful groups formed through the Grouping Tool.

I realize this wasn't intended. But as a cap lvl player, it did give me much more incentive to run random pug dungeons with low levels.

Because of the morrowind new player influx, a lot of these groups would have little to no chance of success without experienced players grouping through random vet.

A lot of these pug runs didn't end till hours after the dungeons as I'd teach them how to build for their class and role, how to do a basic rotation, and even crafting them decent gear.

A lot of low level players benifitted from myself and other like me running multiple randoms a day, rather than queueing for the dailies and farming mats while waiting for it to pop. Or more likely, waiting for guildies to long in and knock out the dailies with no pugs.

Is this on live or in CWC update?
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was Monday's hot fix.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was an exploit that granted you bonus rewards and exp. Yes, I know how it worked. While it could happen accidentally (and did happen accidentally to me once - I reported to ZOS that I had no idea how I'd gotten three premium rewards in one day until someone explained how the exploit worked), taking advantage of it deliberately is still exploiting.

So what you are really saying is that, while exploiting a problem in the game mechanics that allowed you to get multiple premium rewards in one day, you helped so many low level players that exploiting was actually a good thing? And now that the exploit is fixed, these poor new players are going to be bereft without your guidance?

Look, if you wanted to argue that ZOS should increase the rewards for running random dungeons, argue that. Complaining when ZOS fixes as obvious exploit is just odd.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Pump the breaks there turbo.

All I'm saying was this scenario help connect people who needed help with people capable of helping. And that they may want to reconsider this once a day policy.

That's all.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to know that your argument was in fact that ZOS should increase the rewards from random dungeons so that max level players have more incentive to help lower level players. Thanks for clarifying that.