The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Champion Point Spreadsheet

dyn0m1k3
dyn0m1k3
✭✭
Hi all,

I've just been levelling my first character through some champion levels and wondering where to stop before starting an alt! Currently just reached CP100 but I wanted to have some decent passives ready and possibly hit CP160, but I don't have much time to go further. In trying to work out the minimum champion level needed for a decent build I made a google docs spreadsheet where you can enter your champion point level and distribution and it highlights which passives you get and the minimum required champion level for that distribution:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IpoH482KKvyK-V4QHmum1rh-BcfCSI4JrqV1PSclg-g/edit?usp=sharing

Thought other people might find it useful - just hit "File", "Make a copy" to save a copy to your docs for editing... Hope it helps someone!
Edited by dyn0m1k3 on September 21, 2017 8:23AM
Xbox Series X EU Server GT: dyn0m1k3
  • dyn0m1k3
    dyn0m1k3
    ✭✭
    Just changed the spreadsheet to make it more useable... You now can now enter your Champion Point level and it'll tell you how many points you have to spend in each constellation, as well as the actual required level for the current distribution.
    Edited by dyn0m1k3 on September 21, 2017 8:22AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not clear what you mean when you ask how much further before starting an alt. CPs are shared between all characters on your account, so when I was working toward the max I found it helpful to use multiple characters to work toward CPs.

There's a lot of xp in the game that's more accessible / faster than other. Like the world boss dailies, which can award two huge chunks really fast. I used three or four vets from CP1-600...I had some routes I liked and would run one then switch over to another.

If you're asking how many CPs are needed to have a strong vet character, obviously 160 gets you max level gear, which is important. Then to be competitive in vet dungeons or pvp I always advise people in my guild that ~300 is where you start to pull even with max CP players and the hardest content, but it really depends on your class, build and ability.
  • dyn0m1k3
    dyn0m1k3
    ✭✭
    So the purpose of the post really was just to share the spreadsheet love!

What I meant was that obviously my end goal is to reach CP660+, but like you said for most end game activities CP300 is reasonable as you've at least hit the stats cap and have enough points for some good passives and 160 at a minimum gets max gear.

I'm currently just questing/exploring in the second faction to enjoy the game and level up towards those goals but I'm getting the itch to create an alt. (This guys a DK tank so I don't die but killing things takes a while and I want to make an AOE DPS machine of a sorc). With champion points just racking up as I play its pretty addictive just to keep going and hard to know whens a good point to stop on one char and start the next.

So I'm currently thinking of just getting the base CP160 so I can have the 30/10/10 champion passives ready for my alt to feel a bit more powerful when levelling 1-50. The spreadsheet just helped me to work out that I needed at least CP132 to grab the passives I felt were important - but at that point I think I may as well get to CP160 anyway!
  • Vifen
    Vifen
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! It would've taken forever to write every jump point, you rock!
    PC EU

G Strongarm - 50 sorc
    Vifen Ah - 50 dk crafter