The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] New Battle Grounds Mode

Tornaad
Tornaad
✭✭✭✭✭
(Working Title Concepts)
Keep Away
Scroll Chase

Game Mode Concept
There is an object in the middle of the map (my thought is an Elder Scroll), and the goal is to keep a hold of the Elder Scroll for as long as you can. While you have the item Elder Scroll, you cannot use any of your abilities., however you do get a small bonus to your speed.

The Map
My thought for the map is that it would be a maze of sorts.
As an added challenge the maze could be littered with traps and such that could slow and/or kill anyone trying to run through with the Elder Scroll.
If possible the maze could even shift a bit with different pathways closing off or opening up as the time progresses, say every 5 minutes.

Victory conditions
Keep the scroll for x minutes (My first thought was 5)
Or the team with the most time accrued after 15 minutes wins.

Anyone have any thoughts on my idea or any other ideas of their own?

Edit:
For added difficulty (say on a veteran mode of the battlegrounds) or just to be mean have more traps trigger for you the longer you have the Elder Scroll
Edited by Tornaad on September 19, 2017 9:25PM
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they'd want to make a map just for a specific game type so I don't think they would make a maze map. Also, your idea sounds pretty similar to what chaosball already is - hold the relic for as long as possible.

A few types that I think could work:
    • Assassination - one player on each team randomly glows and the other teams have to kill that player specifically. Could either award points for killing the other players target or for having your target survive - or both. Plus we need another "death match type" game since we will have 2 relic games (CTR and Chaoball) and 2 territory type games (Domination and the new one).
    • King of the hill - one single flag in the middle of the map - whoever has the most players in it earns points.
    • A search and destroy type game - where you take your own relic from your base and have to plant it on another teams flag. To plant you would have to do a resurrection type mechanism where you have an interruptible channel on their base. That way it could actually be defended against.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    I don't think they'd want to make a map just for a specific game type so I don't think they would make a maze map. Also, your idea sounds pretty similar to what chaosball already is - hold the relic for as long as possible.

A few types that I think could work:
    • Assassination - one player on each team randomly glows and the other teams have to kill that player specifically. Could either award points for killing the other players target or for having your target survive - or both. Plus we need another "death match type" game since we will have 2 relic games (CTR and Chaoball) and 2 territory type games (Domination and the new one).
    • King of the hill - one single flag in the middle of the map - whoever has the most players in it earns points.
    • A search and destroy type game - where you take your own relic from your base and have to plant it on another teams flag. To plant you would have to do a resurrection type mechanism where you have an interruptible channel on their base. That way it could actually be defended against.

Fair point.
    I still like the maze idea though.

And the Assassination concept sounds like a lot of fun.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have a scroll chase game.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more new game modes until we can choose which one we do.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just be happy if they made a customizable arena for duels, where a gamemaster could enter, say, 12 players, make teams the size he wants and pick a game mode.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I'd just be happy if they made a customizable arena for duels, where a gamemaster could enter, say, 12 players, make teams the size he wants and pick a game mode.

That sounds like a lot of fun.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only new bg mode that's needed is a mode with two larger teams

then maybe people will actually queue for them
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more freaking game modes... I just want to play Deathmatch all day...
    Edited by Chelo on October 15, 2017 6:13PM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    No more freaking game modes... I just want to play Deathmatch all day...

^ tired of all these other game modes that encourage people to avoid pvp

"oh it's capture the relic? Let me just pop a immov speed pot get 0 kills and win the game"
    Edited by Mihael on October 15, 2017 6:18PM