The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sometimes CP switching from 150 to 160 doing writs. Wasting mats!

Giraffon
Giraffon
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't recall this being an issue in recent past, but now I have to watch the CP really close when I'm crafting. I'm not sure exactly which pieces are most effected, but it happens when you switch from something like a chest piece to something smaller like a waist piece. I would like the default to always be CP150 and have it require a manual adjustment to craft a CP160 item.

Anyone else feel like something has changed since last patch?

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this for a long time. I've got more than one golded items in my inventory that turn out to be CP 150. :'(
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has always done this. It does it for all levels, not just CP150/CP160. It has to do with the fact that different items require a different number of materials for the same level. It will not automatically increase the number of materials when you switch from belt to chest for example. I do wish it locked on level, not material count. I have made the wrong level at various times when I forget to double-check.

It is just most painful when you end up with CP150 gear.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the other night making some gear for a guildmate. I set the Chest to L34, and when I went to the smaller pieces, it stayed at L34. Never did this before, so something has been changed.

I just wish it was a setting we could make at the top of the crafting window, rather than in the middle of it, and the material amounts would change as needed. I mean, who ever makes two different levels of gear for the same set? Not me.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happens to me all the time.

I make sure not to sure more than 130 of refined mats anymore just to avoid it.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if it was a more 'secure' switch to go between 150-160.

I would also like to see the set crafting stations change so they 'default' to the actual set when you use them - I have wasted so many mats creating normal CP160 pieces because I have not switched across to the set.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, however it only seems to happen on light armor for me. A real pain in the butt
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did this the other day. Wasted 100s of silk before i realized i made everything for my clothier writ at 160 instead of 150. Was devastated. I honestly wish there was another confirmation check before making a 160 cp item. Considering we have them for other things as well as how expensive silk is. I understand it just requires me to go more slowly when doing my writs but as I do them on multiple characters and usually early in the morning sometimes i still make mistakes.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are doing writs on the NA PC server, then you should absolutely be using the add-on Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter. Not only will it prevent mistakes like this, but it will make your writ crafting MUCH easier :)

I will agree that ZOS needs to do something to prevent the 150-160 gear transition that happens sometimes when using a crafting station.
    Edited by Ashtaris on September 25, 2017 4:24PM