The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High Elf in Ebonheart Pact can't start Fighters Guild missions.

ErnstHot
ErnstHot
Soul Shriven
I'm playing a High Elf in the Ebonheart Pact and I can't start the Fighters Guild missions because Aicessar is nowhere to be found. There's a quest marker floating where he's supposed to be, (according to my quest log,) in the Fighter's guild in Vulkhel Guard though.
  • ErnstHot
    ErnstHot
    Soul Shriven
    Forgot to mention, I'm playing on PC (Win 8.1)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you are in the Ebonheart Pact you need to join the Fighters Guild in Davon's Watch, Stonefalls. That's the starter city for the Ebonheart Pact. It may be that this is a holdover from the days before One Tamriel.

If you own Morrowind, you should also be able to join the Fighters Guild from their location in Vivec.

This might still be a bug, however, if the intention is for characters to be able to join the Fighters and Mages Guild from any starting city, not just their Alliance's starting city, since One Tamriel removed the alliance-zone restrictions.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still have to start at least the FG in the first city for your Alliance. Mages does not seem to have this issue, although you will be invited to join if you do the guild quests in another alliance then visit the one in your alliance.

Easy way to get to the Alliance city you need is to use Navigators.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ErnstHot
    ErnstHot
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, I cancelled the quest and picked it up in Davon's Watch instead and that fixed it.
  • ErnstHot
    ErnstHot
    Soul Shriven
    It's definitely a bug. You're not supposed to have just a marker floating where an NPC is supposed to be :)