The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Hybrid" DK build

Walks_With_Kagouti
I wanted your thoughts on something i plan to test later tonight.

Dormihaus (2x)
Pelinal's Aptitude (5x Hvy)
Burning Spell Weave: Jewelry
sword/board (Frontbar)
Resto (backbar)

Skills:
Burning Embers
Burning Talons
Flame Lash
Fossilize
Heroic Slash
Ulti: Ferious Leap

Igneous shield
Healing ward
Elusive Mist
Empowering Chains
Engulfing Flames
Ulti: Corrosive Armour

"Bend your knee to me, I'll give you a minion for each enemy you've slain. You will have an army.
-Lord Molag Bal

The armies of Molag Bal are upon you! Submit to my masters rule!
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran a similar build except I used kena instead of domi and I used 2h and fire destro molten armorments. Dizzyswing procs flame lash.

Destro heavy bar swap into Crit rush into dizzy swing flame lash X 2 =profit. Lots of up front burst.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd use fury instead of BSW, it gives you WAY more damage
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Armor of truth would be the most reliable way to keep the weapon damage up in my opinion. You don't have to rely on crit damage to ramp up burst.
    Psn l---Salty---l

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried a hybrid build with DK.

It wasn't very effective. Other than leap, DKs just don't have a lot of burst. You don't receive a lot of extra "juice" by dropping one side to pick up another.

The only hybrid build I've ever seen work is for nightblade.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »

Armor of truth would be the most reliable way to keep the weapon damage up in my opinion. You don't have to rely on crit damage to ramp up burst.

Are you one of the people trying to pretend like Fury isn't reliable weapon damage then? lol, you'll have fury capped in less than 10 seconds of a 1vX situation and it will stay capped for the entirety of it. Fury only has downtime at the start of a fight, once its proc'ed it will reliably stay up and give you 900 weapon damage.
    Thogard wrote: »

It wasn't very effective. Other than leap, DKs just don't have a lot of burst. You don't receive a lot of extra "juice" by dropping one side to pick up another.

I pretty much agree here. You can make anything "work" as a hybrid, running 5 Fury 5 Pelinal 2 Undaunted, but what's the purpose? You could run something similar to @Akinos and slot reverb as your CC and a sick heal debuff, but that's not really a true hybrid.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you one of the people trying to pretend like Fury isn't reliable weapon damage then? lol, you'll have fury capped in less than 10 seconds of a 1vX situation and it will stay capped for the entirety of it. Fury only has downtime at the start of a fight, once its proc'ed it will reliably stay up and give you 900 weapon damage.

I pretty much agree here. You can make anything "work" as a hybrid, running 5 Fury 5 Pelinal 2 Undaunted, but what's the purpose? You could run something similar to @Akinos and slot reverb as your CC and a sick heal debuff, but that's not really a true hybrid.

Im not insinuating anything. My feeling is that fury works best the more people you have on you. It ramps up quickest and has the highest reward in that situation. In a 1v1 stituation would you be able to keep up that high of sustained overall damage compared to truth? Im curious, not baiting you.

Not all people are 1 v Xrs.
    Psn l---Salty---l

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Im not insinuating anything. My feeling is that fury works best the more people you have on you. It ramps up quickest and has the highest reward in that situation. In a 1v1 stituation would you be able to keep up that high of sustained overall damage compared to truth? Im curious, not baiting you.

Not all people are 1 v Xrs.

Yeah. You're getting crit every 6 seconds in a fight so fury never goes down once it's up. It does ramp up faster against more players, but one player can charge it quickly enough.

Let's say you apply 2 DoTs and weave 2 light attacks between them, one of which procs an enchant. That's 2 seconds and 5 attacks, with 50% crit that's 2.5 procs to fury. Now, each of these dots ticks 5 more times over 6 seconds and during that 6 seconds you use 6 light attacks, 1 enchant proc, and 6 skills. Now, over 8 seconds you've proc'ed 27 sources of damage, if half of those crit then Fury is over half charged.

That's a pretty reasonable 1v1 combat scenario imo and fury would be outperforming truth in just 10 seconds under these conditions. Add just 1 other player and Fury is fully charged. Furthermore, you're not always proc'ing the flame lash off-balance on cooldown as an mDK, there's too many other things to manage during a fight so Truth has a downtime AND requires you to cast an expensive flame lash(that won't benefit from the added damage of truth set) to proc it,

As far as not everyone being a 1vXer, you're right. I'm making 2 assumptions here, he's either solo or very small group since most players don't want to group with hybrids, and that building the most complete build possible under the constraints of being a hybrid means figuring out a way to quickly and reliably secure kills during your burst windows and that means having a very high damage output with the means to stay alive between bursts
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 20, 2017 4:58PM
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the insight.

Tactician passive procs truth used in conjunction with shuffle so flame lash isnt a necessity
    Psn l---Salty---l

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Tactician passive procs truth used in conjunction with shuffle so flame lash isnt a necessity

He's not running shuffle though. Plus, fury is 375 more damage when fully buffed, 420 more with medium armor passives.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 20, 2017 5:09PM
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He's not running shuffle though. Plus, fury is 375 more damage when fully buffed, 420 more with medium armor passives.[/quote

I agree with you. All good points.
    Psn l---Salty---l

• Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tell me what you think about this, and if you like it I can tell you the build. https://youtu.be/RbWjgTBGB8Y
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK and hybrid don't combine...

Sorc and Hybrid rocks
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Sorc and Hybrid rocks

I disagree. While sorc hybrids are solid, Dks make great hybrids. Especially dark elves.

Flames of oblivion gives weapon and spell crit, they have a 5% increase to weapon damage passive and their Ult passive restores both stat pools. Im not sure how any class can beat that.
    Psn l---Salty---l

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorc and Hybrid rocks

I disagree. While sorc hybrids are solid, Dks make great hybrids. Especially dark elves.

Flames of oblivion gives weapon and spell crit, they have a 5% increase to weapon damage passive and their Ult passive restores both stat pools. Im not sure how any class can beat that.

FoO is a very bad skill. Compared with what Camo hunter gives you (moar wpn dmg and minor berserk from croach) has nothing to do.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc and Hybrid rocks

FoO is a very bad skill. Compared with what Camo hunter gives you (moar wpn dmg and minor berserk from croach) has nothing to do.

How often do you plan to attack from crouch on a DK hybrid?
    Psn l---Salty---l

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorc and Hybrid rocks

How often do you plan to attack from crouch on a DK hybrid?

Never seen a good one in years.

The thing is that stamDK most of the time is build towards burst, while mag DK towards DoT. You can build a hybrds DK towards DoT, but the very same skill you would use as a DoT mDK ar the ones you use as StamDK.

Then, there's the option of a hybrid DK build towards burst (2H) but you will lack some slots. Having whip is a good start, but what are the skills you will pair with it? Crit rush is almost mandatory, then it comes the decision: Dizz swing or fossilize? Heal, vigor or CBlood? Shuffle or Mist? Flappy wings? Volatile? Talons?

I tried a hybrid DK build some patches ago, but it died after Morrowing changes to Helping hands and Battle Roar. It wasn't a great build, but it worked.

On the contrary, Dark Deal on a sorc keeps the stam sustain without problems, and the option of disengage the fight through streak helps a lot. Not to mention that implosion has 2 sources to proc (put a shock glyph on a 2H sword... tada!)

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that sorc is great to hybrid. Ive run hybrids on templar, DK and sorc and each have their own + and -, templars in my opinion make the best. Highest WD, source of savagery and prophesy, burst magicka heal, and a ranged execute. They lack mobility but Vamp can fix that with mist if necessary.
    Psn l---Salty---l

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that sorc is great to hybrid. Ive run hybrids on templar, DK and sorc and each have their own + and -, templars in my opinion make the best. Highest WD, source of savagery and prophesy, burst magicka heal, and a ranged execute. They lack mobility but Vamp can fix that with mist if necessary.

Never tried a hybrid temp, but it seems a great one.

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road