Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Pass Sotha Sil's Trial

Jigger_allard
Jigger_allard
✭✭✭
I am not sure if this the right place to ask for help with passing Sotha Sil's Trial quest? I have looked at several videos but I am still not getting it?!? Part of the reason for that is that I have a complete and utter aversion towards puzzles and quizzes; (and multi-layered mazes). My brain suddenly goes blank up and I become absolutely brain dead. It leaves me with no deductive reasoning. Can someone please walk me through it step-by-step? In the process, you will make a very old man very happy indeed. Thank you.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh, there is again a teaser quest?

how can I get it?
  • Jigger_allard
    Jigger_allard
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

how can I get it?

how can I get it?

Yea, thanks for the assist!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @***_allard I put it as a spoiler for those that don't want to know the answer.
    There were 5 houses that founded the temple so you need 5 dynamo cores inserted in the sockets and 3 gears in the pegs for each of the constructs present in the puzzle.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on September 17, 2017 6:54PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    how to get this quest pls?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@altemriel Amalexia's Temple in Deshaan. It is part of the EP faction main questline.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on September 17, 2017 6:48PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Jigger_allard
    Jigger_allard
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    There were 5 houses that founded the temple so you need 5 dynamo cores inserted in the sockets and 3 gears in the pegs for each of the constructs present in the puzzle.

I know, but it isn't working for me. I suppose I will just abandon the quest. I have been at it for well over an hour.
  • Jigger_allard
    Jigger_allard
    ✭✭✭

@altemriel Amalexia's Temple in Deshaan. It is part of the EP faction main questline.

I did say, Please, didn't I? If not I apologize.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ***_allard wrote: »

I know, but it isn't working for me. I suppose I will just abandon the quest. I have been at it for well over an hour.

What, exactly, is not working? You get the cores and gears by killing constructs. Then place them in the big guy as stated in the spoiler. Then you will have to fight him.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Jigger_allard
    Jigger_allard
    ✭✭✭

I did say, Please, didn't I? If not I apologize.

I was wondering how I ended up going there when I am a Breton
    in the Daggerfall Covenant.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What, exactly, is not working? You get the cores and gears by killing constructs. Then place them in the big guy as stated in the spoiler. Then you will have to fight him.

nice, ok, thanx :)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

nice, ok, thanx :)
  • Jigger_allard
    Jigger_allard
    ✭✭✭
    I am just not understanding the sequence of it. As I said I have a distinct aversion towards puzzle in general. I hate them!
  • Jigger_allard
    Jigger_allard
    ✭✭✭

I have tried doing it numerous times but I cannot activate him.
  • Jigger_allard
    Jigger_allard
    ✭✭✭

Anyway, I appreciate your help, really I do. It isn't working for me?!?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You have to put the round peg in the round hole and the square peg in the square hole. Just joking.....from one old fogey to another. Make sure the dynamo cores are going in the sockets and the gears are going on the pegs. If it still doesn't work, maybe it is bugged.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Jigger_allard
    Jigger_allard
    ✭✭✭

You have to put the round peg in the round hole and the square peg in the square hole. Just joking.....from one old fogey to another. Make sure the dynamo cores are going in the sockets and the gears are going on the pegs. If it still doesn't work, maybe it is bugged.

I at least know that much. :-D It must be bugged because It just doesn't work for me. It is getting a little too frustrating.

• Jigger_allard
    Jigger_allard
    ✭✭✭

I at least know that much. :-D It must be bugged because It just doesn't work for me. It is getting a little too frustrating.

I got, it worked.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I got, it worked.

Perseverance pays off! Congrats!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Jigger_allard
    Jigger_allard
    ✭✭✭

I got, it worked.

Perseverance pays off! Congrats!

As I said previously I hate puzzles, quizzes and multi-layered; multi-leveled mazes. Hate them. Even now I am stuck in a dungeon alone and unable to defeat Vox. She kicks the crap out of my level 27 Breton Magicka Sorceress. I am about out of soul gems and patience. I am about ready to give it up and leave. As they say, there is no point in beating a dead horse. Anyway, thanks very much for your help.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @***_allard Do you play on PC/NA? If so, I can help. I have a level 20-something nightblade. It would be fun to run together. You can get me ingame @Hippie4927 . I am loading the game now.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️