Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

How do you get the third weapon bar slots?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
I believe it has to do with the sorcerer and using the Ultimate ability, but I still don't know how to use it. So how do you set up the Ultimate ability with the powers you want to swap them out quickly?

If it's not done this way, how is it done? I would like to try it out so I can try and have some different combat abilities.
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload ultimate. You can assign abilities to it when it's activated. As long a you don't attack the ultimate won't be used up so you can switch back and forth at will.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 17, 2017 1:06PM
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So only Overload ultimate. I thought that is what I used but never had it activated when setting up the abilities. Thank you very much @Vapirko greatly appreciated.

What would be good abilities to put there if not using the Ultimate ability?

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    So only Overload ultimate. I thought that is what I used but never had it activated when setting up the abilities. Thank you very much @Vapirko greatly appreciated.

As an alternate ultimate? Depends on what you're doing and whether your stam or mag sorc.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know nothing about stam or mag sorc. I guess I am playing with a very inefficient build. Only at level 35. I am playing with all my stats to mag for now and only play PvE. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can generally copy the abilities that are on your front bar, or, put abilities on your 3rd (overload) bar that you intend to get leveled soon.

Sounds like you prefer a Magicka Sorc ... players generally put all their attribute points into one or the other.
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 17, 2017 9:22PM
  • DrYitMat
    DrYitMat
    As other posters have noted, the Overload ultimate is what is being using to have a third bar.

I personally use it for finishers or PvP abilities.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    So only Overload ultimate. I thought that is what I used but never had it activated when setting up the abilities. Thank you very much Vapirko greatly appreciated.

When I used overload for pve the overload bar was the same as my back bar to allow me to keep my dots up and cast ward while using overload. In pvp my overload bar contains utility skills, such as efficient purge, rapid maneuver, defensive rune, proxy det, seige sheild etc. You probably always need hardened ward on your overload bar so you don't get caught out; it's not the smoothest thing to toggle on and off.

Edit: that was for mag sorc.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on September 20, 2017 4:01AM
    PC | EU
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind - you cannot slot weapon abilities on your Overload bar. I mean you can but they will be greyed out and inactive because Overload acts as a sort of weapon replacing thing or something - so only class skills, guilds skills, etc. Still plenty of options ;)

If you're using a pet you will need to have it on OL bar as well because otherwise it will despawn once you activate it. That aside, a shield is probably a good thing to have there(look into getting Daedric Ward from Daedric Summoning tree or/and Annulment from light armor if you don't have it yet). Perhaps some long lasting buffs such as Surge so you can swap there, use it and swap back to proper bars(but keep in mind OL is rather clunky). Perhaps Streak(if you have it), I do sometimes set my OL bar as an "OH SH**" kind of thing for PvE if I use it - shield, Surge for heals, Encase for cc and Streak to get away/kite.

Some more OL insight - you can store up to 500 ultimate and every OL light/heavy attack decreases that amount by...I don't remember how much, I think lights are like ~30 ultimate each, and they do pretty decent damage too(and are essentially "free" dps in the sense of not consuming magicka, it's great for sustain). OL base cost is 64 ulti(with ulti cost reduction passive unlocked) which is when you will be able to toggle it on and access the skills on it. If you use enough light/heavy OL attacks to fully deplete your ultimate you will be dropped back to your original bar and be unable to access the "third" one until you get at least 64 ulti back.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the responses. Greatly appreciated. I have learned a few things and whe5n I can, I will try what was suggested.