The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Brand new player,what should I get from the crown shop ?

Bansidhe1965
I was thinking of the inventory and bank expansions,possibly the starters pack advanced but not sure,brand new here what do you recommend?

I probably will be subbing for at least 1 month initially,in fact,definatly.
The bridges burning behind us merely light our way forward PC-NA Main: Hepzebah Mag / sorc
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    The inventory and bank expansions can be gotten for gold, and if you are gonna get any of them you should wait untill you're closer to max, as the gold cost increases for each upgrade but the crown price does not.

I personally wouldn't recommend any crown store consumables, as things of equal or better quality can be gotten in game, and you wont need any more than what drops in the beginning.

That said one of the starter packs might be kinda nice for a beginner, but just know that you don't need it.

Really you should get things that you want; be that a new mount, something to make you look more fancy or a pet to keep you company. Please note that you can get horses for gold, and the only difference witg crown store mounts are how they look.

Tl;dr
    There's nothing you need in the crown store, in-game consumables are often better. Get what you want instead of what you think you need.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need anything from the crown store, really. Especially if you're completely new to the game.

Some crown store items are useful for people to reroll a new character and get it to endgame quickly, but as a new player I assume you want to discover, explore and experiment. Thus the best is to use nothing from the crown store.

If you really feel the need to not let those 1500 crowns sit in your account, then the most useful and less spoiling item you can buy in the crown store is bag space. In my opinion.

You may also enjoy the "any race, any alliance" pack which will allow you to choose the race of your character more freely. The starter packs are a pure waste imho. You'll find all the food and potions you need in the game, from other players, or quickly learn to craft them yourself.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 17, 2017 9:33AM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most upgrades you can find in the crown store can be purchased with in-game gold as well (mount lessons, bank and inventory size upgrades, a lot of the crafting styles, unfurnished houses, a lot of the furnishings) so spending your crowns on those may not be worth it. Instead - especially if you're planning on getting a month of ESO+ as well - I suggest using that subscription time to try out some DLCs (which will be unlocked for you during ESO+) and spend your crowns on the ones you like when your subscription ends. Apart from that, I personally find the costumes and non-combat pets pretty cool. :)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory and bank spaces you can get in the game for in-game gold. You don't have to spend real money to get those.
    The "Starter Pack, Adept" is a good deal for a new player, and you even get a mount with it (horse). I recommend it. Any bundled sets are a good deal.
    And if you don't already have it, the 4-DLC Mega Pack is fantastic.

Edited by SydneyGrey on September 18, 2017 5:17AM
  • Bansidhe1965
    Thanks all,nice to find helpful people here :)
    The bridges burning behind us merely light our way forward PC-NA Main: Hepzebah Mag / sorc
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice is to not buy anything with crowns that you could buy with gold. Take your time with your crowns; there is no rush to use them.

Some people like to buy outfits and pets. Personally I have no interest in these things. The only thing I have bought is the banker.

Oh, and they have crown sales a few times a year. If you are going to buy crowns, wait til then. Rumours are the next one will be in November. The previous was last month.
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need anything from the crown store, really. Especially if you're completely new to the game.

Some crown store items are useful for people to reroll a new character and get it to endgame quickly, but as a new player I assume you want to discover, explore and experiment. Thus the best is to use nothing from the crown store.

If you really feel the need to not let those 1500 crowns sit in your account, then the most useful and less spoiling item you can buy in the crown store is bag space. In my opinion.

You may also enjoy the "any race, any alliance" pack which will allow you to choose the race of your character more freely. The starter packs are a pure waste imho. You'll find all the food and potions you need in the game, from other players, or quickly learn to craft them yourself.

What he said.

If I had it to do over again - I would sit on any crowns you make. Ingame, my first priority would be to bank enough gold to get a horse. Get a regular, cheapest you can get horse - which I think is about 50k gold.

Pick up every loot you get, then port to town, sell, repeat as you quest.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    If I had it to do over again - I would sit on any crowns you make. Ingame, my first priority would be to bank enough gold to get a horse. Get a regular, cheapest you can get horse - which I think is about 50k gold.
    Cheapest horse is 10,000 gold for the brown one.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the feeling the orignal poster would just like to buy something. I was like that, so I bought the starter sets that had the horses and pets with them. I missed out on the sale for the soul shriven I think it's called pack that had a horse, skin and pet with it.

So if you like pets and mounts (horses or bears or lions or what ever you can ride just in case you didn't know they are called mounts, took me a bit to figure that out, thought they were all horses :blush: ) try looking at them. Remember you can preview them to see how it will look to see if you like the skins, mounts or pets.

I didn't think I would care for pets or mounts, but now I like them so I get the ones that appeal to me.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of the inventory and bank expansions,possibly the starters pack advanced but not sure,brand new here what do you recommend?
    Nothing. All those items you list can be bought in-game for gold, no need to spend hard earned real world cash on them.

Play the game for a while, then see if there's anything in the store you really just can't seem to live without.

You know, something like the Lynx pet ...
    biggrin.gif
  • Bansidhe1965
    Thank you all,i bought the starter sets,an outfit.....and the imperial thing :pensive:

I have subbed,but is there any dlc I should buy,or is that ic in subbing ?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All DLCs are part of the sub, the only thing you won't have is Morrowind ...
    shades.gif
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also i'm pretty sure the Imperial Edition comes with a free (cheap?) horse. At least it used to back at PC launch.
    bye1.gif
  • Bansidhe1965
    Cool,got that and thank you,its nice to be in a game where people actually help :)