Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Wisdom of the Ages

KickedZeeBukit
KickedZeeBukit
Soul Shriven
I'm getting the whoopin of a lifetime here, anyone done this quest and if so what was your strategy? Any pointers would be awesome.. Thanks

Kicked
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not nearly enough info provided for any real help to be given. Here. Have a wiki:
    http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Wisdom_of_the_Ages
  • KickedZeeBukit
    KickedZeeBukit
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, I agreed with the warriors. Which backfired and I now have to face the champion. Who has proceeded to kick my butt 10 different ways to Sunday. I have changed my armor, weapons, and healing and other skills just to attempt some damage. None have assisted with beating him. So, I am a healer, a nord rank 30, and what else do you need to know to give pointers on kicking this champions butt?
    Pointers, walk through, armor and spell ideas? Anything to assist in finishing this quest. Please and thank you.
    Kicked..
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to change your choice, you can abandon the quest and start over.

Assuming you don't want to do that, you can fight the champion or, according to the quest page on the wiki, intimidate him which will require the intimidate passive from the Fighters Guild Questline. Intimidate might be the easiest option. All you need is a skill point in the passive and to choose the right dialogue option.

If you need to fight him, you probably group up with someone in zone to fight. Having a partner always makes fights easier. If not, I'm assuming you are a templar, given that you are a healer? Puncturing strikes (or whatever morph you use) is a good spammable that heals you. Spear shards (or whatever morph you use) is a good damage over time skill.

Sorry, I have to go to work. If you want helpful advice, I strongly suggest that you post your class (DK, sorc, templar, NB, or warden) and whether you mainly use magicka or stamina. I can guess you're a magicka based templar, but since any class can be a healer, more precise info is needed to actually advise you about skills.
  • KickedZeeBukit
    KickedZeeBukit
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you so much for your advice. I finally beat him.. Finished the main quest and am now doing Caldwell's quests. :)
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting the whoopin of a lifetime here, anyone done this quest and if so what was your strategy? Any pointers would be awesome.. Thanks

Kicked

I thought that you were going to dovetail this into talking about how getting the "whoopin of a lifetime" ended up in you receiving the "wisdom of the ages", but alas...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)