The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Proposition how to add veteran/normal trials to group finder

Make2k15
Make2k15
✭✭
Been thinking about this a bit lately cus needed to farm some gear from craglorn trials. How annoying and waste of time it is that I need to go to craglorn to hang around for hours to find a trial group if find at all. And how difficult it seems to be to get the group together (lot of wait...some come some leave..group dispands). How convenient it would be to have an option in group finder to let it do it for you and meanwhile do daily quests and other daily stuff.

Firstly, I agree group finder pug group would be probably a bad idea. Probably even if queue would be allowed only for max cp players. However it would be nice if already existing trial group could use group finder to fill those difficult to fill last spots (and imagine if somebody need to leave at last boss then just use group finder to find a new one quick).

So what I have in mind is that allow existing trial groups to use group finder to fill last spots using specific restrictions which could be i.e. : (1) Vet trial completed (/hm completed) achievement (2) Max cp level (3) Normal trial completed (4) ts or discord required (5) no restrictions.

On the other side the player queuing via group finder to trial could have options like (1) Random vet trial (2) Random normal (3) Weekly trial (4) list of specific trials to choose (5) ts or discord available.
Edited by Make2k15 on September 16, 2017 5:49AM
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I know people will speak of the horrors that groups made by pugs like this could be, but I'm all for it.

Why?

Because if folks are brave enough to do it, let them! Heck, I know I'd give it a try or 2 just to see what its like and check if it would be as bad as the doomsday prophets love to claim it would be.
    Edited by Dakmor_Kavu on September 22, 2017 6:00AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please! I want to do normal trials with pugs.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol even if it was the only content in the game, NOPE.
    group finder is crap
    PUGS are crap
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal trial in GF is one thing. They're pretty easy.

It would be pointless to add vet trials. Even if the entire group got into voice chat few of those groups would clear. Some of the trials they wouldn't have a chance to clear. It takes specific tactics to deal with the twins without DKs and most probably don't know it.
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Normal trial in GF is one thing. They're pretty easy.

It would be pointless to add vet trials. Even if the entire group got into voice chat few of those groups would clear. Some of the trials they wouldn't have a chance to clear. It takes specific tactics to deal with the twins without DKs and most probably don't know it.

On the point of vet trials I agree. There is no them in group finder given the requirement for voice comms and serious coordination. That said: I think some real good could come from the morning group finder. It would get more people involved in trials and learning the ropes, even if it were a bit messy at times.