The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Laser's housing creations :)

lasertooth
lasertooth
✭✭✭✭✭
When housing first started I scoured the internet for pictures of player decorated houses. Seeing other people's creations is what inspired me to create my own. I've decorated a few houses in the game (and am still working on a few) and I want to share them with others so they may find inspiration as well. Problem is I can't keep track/remember what pics I've already shared in other discussions sooooo...basically I've decided to start my own thread. :)

I'm on Xbox/NA and an active member in the guild Better Homes and Dungeons. Come check us out. :)

First up is my aquarium. I started to create this aquarium in the velothi reverie.

OG8xcfB.jpg
h5RVUiC.jpg

I enjoyed creating it so much but knew if I went all out I would use too many item slots. So I transferred the project to my Earthtear Cavern. This was the final result:

6h63Xa5.jpg
r3Rq0Ik.jpg
UCiQV31.jpg
226tO4Z.jpg
98ZyMGJ.jpg
X4vCrby.jpg
a9RmjrF.jpg
2QMXMQO.jpg
f23cN5a.jpg

I scoured guild traders daily looking for great deals on fish. Most of the fish have that tiny blue dream shard from wayrest achievement vendor inside them. Some have a tealight candle. It's what gives the appearance of depth and casts a soft blue or yellow light without being an obvious light source. I also used "boulder, grey saddle" stacked on top of each other for the cave part. (Sky watch, 100g ea). The outer rock structure is made from volcanic plugs available in Vivec city for 500g each.

Thanks for looking!! More creations to come. ;)

Lasertooth
GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
Xbox/NA
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beautiful! What an amazing and enchanting aquarium :) Great idea putting the glowing crystals inside the fish!
    Seriously well done, you should be proud! I am looking forward to more of your creations.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hundings Palatial Hall:

I wanted the front enterance to make a bold statement. I laid a bunch of "dark elf carpet, fungal" rugs against the back wall and used long planks to create the shelves. I placed a candle inside the trophies to provide depth and backlight.

CDR6hft.jpg

For both "bedrooms" I did the same thing, I covered them in dark elf carpets for more of a dramatic effect. I also used the rugs to block off doorways. There are so many balconies in this house and the item limit is way too low. I couldnt afford to decorate the balconies and I didn't want to waste my visitors time should they try and go out there.
    ozA2ZJj.jpg

13QcOYn.jpg

For the outside I kept it simple. A few pretty trees and a tiger :)
    9TLvvLq.jpg

On the inside, I created a library/study area. And yeah, like most females I have an obsession with pillows. ;)
    NdAHJfj.jpg

I tried to make a cozy kitchen, but it couldn't be as full as i liked due to low the ridiculously low item limit. (Ahem, zos, cough cough)
    Q75BcIs.jpg

wjnl4lg.jpg

And finally, a beer pong table and rooftop bar. No justification needed. Lol.
    KWRfjfq.jpg

Overall I felt this house could've been more epic with more item slots. The house is very large and dim, most of the items used were for lighting. If they increase the item cap, I may redecorate this house. But currently it's been broken down, furniture removed to be used elsewhere. Spare discarded furniture fills its hallways. It now serves as a 600 item broke down storage place. :/
    Lasertooth
    Xbox/NA
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love your aquariums. Great idea with the dreamshards and teacandles. I was wondering why these fishes looked so alive!
    I really needed to check the architecture to see which houses they were. They look so transformed! <3

Your Hundings Palatial looks great as well. Using the dark elf carpets as wallpaper would have never crossed my mind, but you did this very well! I've recently aquired this home as well, but my deco version looks a lot more traditional than yours with lots of redguard furniture. Which is why I like your version, because it's very different from mine. ;-) And I totally agree with the item limit, it's already cumbersome in medium homes, but in large homes like this a lot of stuff is just kept completely bare. :/
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's brilliant, I love the aquarium. But Hundings has a special place in my heart, and it is indeed sad that we can't do it anywhere near justice until ZO$ increase the item limit (by a lot!).

Hundings was one of the first houses I bought, and like Incognitus mine is very much traditional Redguard....it looks North African inside and out, and I just adore the courtyard and the terrace overlooking the beach. It has always been my favourite house. But here I am with about 90 slots to go, and I have lost heart because I know that it could look so fantastic......and I can't bear the thought of reaching 600 with so much still to do, and no way of doing it.

As a matter of interest, what did you use for access to the roof? So far mine is only a very basic plank from the causeway at the top of the 4-pillared thingy, which is temporary just to look around at the possibilities.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used wooden planks that started where the balcony ends. I saw someone else do a really cool spiral staircase up there but then they removed it because of the low item slots.
    Lasertooth
    Xbox/NA
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I saw that too.....such shame that Hundings wasn't designed with roof access in the first place. That would have been so easy, if only the housing devs/designers had thought about it. It's a wonderful outdoor space which one could do so much with. But with the terrible item limit, one has to use basic planks just to get up there and not use up a lot of slots.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mistveil Manor:
    A classic home located near riften with a furnishings limit of 600.
    I covered the wall in dark elf rugs again, to provide color and contrast. It's hard decorating a place where the walls and floor are made from the same bland grey stone material.

UiPy90k.jpg

bUI3LF7.jpg

3sEfnUJ.jpg

qmNeb0w.jpg

A mini kitchen :)
    g2C9YIq.jpg

A view of the fireplace/sitting area. I didn't have the bearskin rug yet so I improvised with a few wood elf fur mats to make a high pile* rug.

4Yoamm2.jpg

Upstairs I tried to keep it simple...also by this time I was starting to run out of item slots :/

hH5NLG9.jpg

For the bedroom I wanted to fill the room with a grandiose bed...bigger than a cal king or eastern king. I also thought it would be a good way to fill the entire room using fewer big items rather than many small items. The bed is made by fitting 3 kajhiit faded (blue level item) together. I call it...grand master king size. Big enough for the pet tiger...Lol
    kQyImDu.jpg

What patio/balcony would be complete without a beer pong table? Nuf said ;)
    fN7zcDc.jpg

I wanted to do so much more with this balcony...alas I was out of item slots. So plain/empty balcony it is.
    pFa2sBL.jpg

And finally a few pics of the beautiful garden. One of my favorite things about this house was the small garden size. Huge sprawling places like hundings end up looking bare and empty. I was able to fill this one with beautiful trees and flowers and such. My only regret is not getting into housing sooner, as I was struggling with gold at this point AND being late into housing I had missed out on all the pretty glowing lights from the luxury vendor in the beginning. Double whammy. No pretty glowing flowers or crystal lights for me. Lol

MeYJuah.jpg

PVtwQWf.jpg

IRkEFZE.jpg
    iyYhBY4.jpg

Overall I had fun decorating this house. It's a good size and convenient location. It's the house I port to free the most--riften has the bank and all crafting stations close together.

*edited because apparently you can't say the common 4 lettered word for "high pile" rug. Rme^
    Edited by lasertooth on September 20, 2017 5:58PM
    Lasertooth
    Xbox/NA
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks stunning! And I'm love with your kitchen. <3
    Great use of the 'wallpaper' also here, and awesome idea with the Khajiit beds!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow! Your designs are stunning, I particularly like the way you made the cooking fires and the use of the carpets on the walls to provide texture. Well done!

Our guild hall is Hunding's and I feel you on the item limit, I wanted to do so much more with the bar/gathering area - but the item limit stymied me.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks fantastic!

I have Mistveil sitting unfurnished and untouched so far......you've given me the inspiration to go back to it :)
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthtear Cavern:
    q6wB9Bq.jpg

UfWuw6F.jpg
    5YFAdL2.jpg

Play area for the little ones lol:
    SW3UURt.jpg

Kids room:
    5wCtqlT.jpg

A library:
    YkKaTIa.jpg

I made this oven out of imperial fountain, haallu fountain, and kahjit fire pit.
    RVVicWz.jpg

A kitchen sink, full of dirty dishes.
    RR8ASWq.jpg

A chandelier made out of trebuchet and fire ballistas and oil pots:
    wqZsS9Y.jpg

A cat tree:
    ft2PHoE.jpg

A horse stable:
    k5D3iIQ.jpg

Main bedroom:
    slIu1Ey.jpg

Lasertooth
    Xbox/NA
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slIu1Ey.jpg
    rN5yIHG.jpg
    Eso bathroom:
    AasPZ1A.jpg

You can actually sit on it lol
    b2QBavN.jpg

Lasertooth
    Xbox/NA
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My kitchen in veloth reverie:
    UqMk3zH.jpg

A stove made from those free thrones
    ArcHtN1.jpg

4Bu99up.jpg
    Lasertooth
    Xbox/NA
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And my Linchal Manor:

I blocked off the entire house, most of the yard, and built a huge dragon in the sky. I turned the inside of the dragon into a modern house/apartment, but it’s not quite finished. So stay tuned, more to come ;)

ACmIyx2.jpg

This house is fairytale themed. There is a huge clock tower covered in creepy crawling vines
    7raXNE3.jpg
    96kNK1Z.jpg

And what fairytale scene is complete without a princess? Here is the statue of Azura, decked out in a Cinderella ballroom dress made out of daggerfall flags. She flees the night in her dwemer carriage as the clock strikes midnight.
    5651u6y.jpg

Molag Bol gives chase, who is this mystery princess? Alas she gets away, but in her haste leaves behind a glass slipper made out of the light of meridia and like 20 dreamshards.
    INbN2dp.jpg
    wu6P265.jpg

A view from inside the dragon’s mouth
    cGTVZh2.jpg

This was an expensive house to build lol. The scaffolding alone was 100+ items and I had to take off my armor to avoid those hefty repair bills. I died hundreds of times falling off lol

7LlxSx0.jpg

If you are Xbox/NA, join our housing guild Better Homes and Dungeons. My housing guildies stopped by on a daily basis to hang out and help with some of the tedious building. It’s awesome having fellow housing buddies to nerd out with. ;)

More pics to come!! ;)

Edited by lasertooth on October 6, 2017 5:49PM
    Lasertooth
    Xbox/NA
  • Farscape76
    Farscape76
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing builds! Obviously a lot of time and effort. Well Done
    CP 1200+ Xbox - NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Characters
    Dargo Crichton - VR16/lvl 50 StamDK - Stormproof
    Talon Crichton - lvl 50 Stamsorc
    Kara Crichton - lvl 50 StamDK
    Erza Crichton - lvl 50 MagDK
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is that a stargate I see?!
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....amazing, simply amazing. Thank you for sharing. :)
    Edited by Maryal on October 6, 2017 8:57PM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    And my Linchal Manor:

I blocked off the entire house, most of the yard, and built a huge dragon in the sky. I turned the inside of the dragon into a modern house/apartment, but it’s not quite finished. So stay tuned, more to come ;)

ACmIyx2.jpg

This house is fairytale themed. There is a huge clock tower covered in creepy crawling vines
    7raXNE3.jpg
    96kNK1Z.jpg

And what fairytale scene is complete without a princess? Here is the statue of Azura, decked out in a Cinderella ballroom dress made out of daggerfall flags. She flees the night in her dwemer carriage as the clock strikes midnight.
    5651u6y.jpg

Molag Bol gives chase, who is this mystery princess? Alas she gets away, but in her haste leaves behind a glass slipper made out of the light of meridia and like 20 dreamshards.
    INbN2dp.jpg
    wu6P265.jpg

A view from inside the dragon’s mouth
    cGTVZh2.jpg

This was an expensive house to build lol. The scaffolding alone was 100+ items and I had to take off my armor to avoid those hefty repair bills. I died hundreds of times falling off lol

7LlxSx0.jpg

If you are Xbox/NA, join our housing guild Better Homes and Dungeons. My housing guildies stopped by on a daily basis to hang out and help with some of the tedious building. It’s awesome having fellow housing buddies to nerd out with. ;)

More pics to come!! ;)

This my fav of urs! That dragon is so cool.