The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Potion reliability

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Can we get some reliability checks for potions. Sometimes I have to stop everything I'm doing to drink a potion. I don't remember it ever being this bad. Multiple people in my group also have the same issues. Especially in WW.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do believe you cannot drink a potion while sprinting (can someone confirm?), so I think that one catches me a lot - but it's just how it is rather than it being broken. No experience with werewolf though so cannot comment on that part.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Unstable.Pixel
    Unstable.Pixel
    ✭✭✭
    Happens to me a lot too when I'm in combat (not sprinting.) Sometimes potions fire when they're supposed to... other times I have to stop moving completely for about half a second and then I can get the potion to activate.
    I swear to drunk i'm not god
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happens to me a lot too when I'm in combat (not sprinting.) Sometimes potions fire when they're supposed to... other times I have to stop moving completely for about half a second and then I can get the potion to activate.

This. And the noise going off that you drink a potion but don't get it. I've heard this noise 4-5 times in a row before the potion takes. I'm on NA PS4.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

This. And the noise going off that you drink a potion but don't get it. I've heard this noise 4-5 times in a row before the potion takes. I'm on NA PS4.

Yes! Why does the sound fire without the potion being consumed?? I don't know how many times I've ran myself out of resources because of this, especially in chaotic situations.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a platform specific issue? I'm on PC and have had 0 reliability issues with potions...either that, or I simply haven't noticed the misfire.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Axoinus wrote: »
    Is this a platform specific issue? I'm on PC and have had 0 reliability issues with potions...either that, or I simply haven't noticed the misfire.

Could be I'm on Na Ps4.
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    It happens on PC NA all the time to me. Most of the time it happens when I need it the most (like when I am getting zerged down). I really notice the problem in PVP when more than four people are focusing me at one time.
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is something I've been noticing for a long time now. I'll hit my potion button and hear the sound of a potion being used, but the potion doesn't get consumed. Like others have said, I normally have to actually stop moving and then consume the potion for it to work.
    So. Annoying.
    This is on PC/NA and in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Eirella on September 15, 2017 6:06PM
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    On PC-NA, I have been having this issue as well. I've noticed most in pvp, but it has happened in some dungeon runs as well. Seems to happen when in a battle and things are on the chaotic side...almost like the server is getting over-loaded and just missing some inputs.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a lot of this bug in pvp. I can hammer away at my potions key and nothing.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axoinus wrote: »

On ps4, happens to me all the time to the point I've started hitting the button 3 times And visually checking after every use. Eye movement is vital in PvP, and now i have 1 more thing to look at, albeit only every 45 seconds.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA and this is a huge issue for me. Have to hit up on d-pad multiple times to get the pot to drink and sometimes i get the false-positive noise which really messes me up.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dumpster-inspired design philosophy
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been crap a while. I posted before but apparently its intended. Oddly drop potions behave different to crafted I feel. But yea its rubbish
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It's been crap a while. I posted before but apparently its intended. Oddly drop potions behave different to crafted I feel. But yea its rubbish

For me it's like "Where are the people at ZOS that play this game"

If any of them really truly played this game so many issues and bugs would already be fixed or acknowledged. The fact healing ward has been broken for months without any dev comment(until 2 months ago still no fix) even though multiple videos were made is crazy. Don't even get me started on group finder. Or imperial city logout bug. Crit rush. Crit rush. Crit rush. We need faith building updates that show are problems will get fixed for the better of the community. Instead of let's ignore 90% of some of the major bugs issues and hopefully it goes away. Along with that customer.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're in Cyrodiil, just make sure you completely stop everything you're doing, wait a few seconds, then smash that potion button multiple times. Usually by the time you do that it's too late.

LOL WORKING AS INTENDED
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please take a look into this @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can this be looked into?
    Edited by Koolio on December 20, 2017 2:39AM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ??
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time I notice this is when using abilities that have a cast time or channel. You can drink a potion at any time during instant cast abilities. I usually only have this problem on my Templar, when sweeps or beam disables potion use.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »
    If you're in Cyrodiil, just make sure you completely stop everything you're doing, wait a few seconds, then smash that potion button multiple times. Usually by the time you do that it's too late.

LOL WORKING AS INTENDED

ugh, this about a million times over :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »

LOL WORKING AS INTENDED

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep still bugs me. Some you cant use sprinting some you can. It's odd
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is, unfortunately, WAI.

Ask anyone who played this game before the 1.6 patch, and they will tell you potions always activated immediately when the button was pressed. During the 1.6 patch that changed the game, the developers did something to include potion usage on the global cooldown system. It doesn't take up your GCD, rather it is in this weird ambiguous state that even though it doesn't consume the GCD, it still cannot be fired while doing something else that does. In short, you have to wait a tiny tiny bit to use it.

This state of affairs is incredibly frustrating and I sat in multiple TS meeting with devs such as @ZOS_GinaBruno and even @Wrobbel where this "bug" was made crystal clear to them all the way back to Feb-March 2015. They know and have decided to keep it.

I hate this change because we players can NEVER be sure if a potion is used and that sort uncertainty is absolutely unhealthy.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We are closing this thread as it has recently resurfaced from over a month ago.Bumping threads to promote viability is a form of spam and is against the forum rules. If a thread is not generating the discussion you expect you may want to open it in a different section of the forums. Sometime threads get lost in the busy nature of General discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.