The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ald Velothi Harbor House ~ Garden of Eden

Incognitius
Incognitius
✭✭✭✭✭
The Tease/Hook
Once upon a time, there was a happy Telvanni living in a Redoran styled home...
1ZU7gqt.png

Some background

Full disclosure, I bought this home with crowns, furnished, as soon as it came out because I really wanted the furnishings.
I stripped it, and refurnished it, but never been completely happy with it.
The little rooms were nice (kept them mostly unchanged), the garden wasOK, the upstairs good enough. But the basement was completely empty, and the big entrance room very bare.

After months of watching videos and pictures of others, I revamped the home into what I am going to show you.

I had a lot of inspiration from a lot of people, but I'll name a few here:

First off, biggest inspiration would be Hetaira's Telvanni Tower. After watching that video I deeply regret not buying the tower and the Vivec furniture pack to this day.
The fire place I stole from ixie. It doesn't look nearly as good though, but I had the handicap that I couldn't put stuff through walls as they would show in the other room. :)
I didn't know what to do with the empty basement at first, so hijacked Elara_Northwind's PTS idea for that.

If I'm getting close to plagiarism, just remember: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. ;-)

Warning: To create this home in this manner, I had to remove every single item from my garden! So no pictures from that. :)

Main room
0Dy3H8c.png
Gvk0Asu.png
2WJC02r.png
yGv66GF.png
pZ2Pa52.png
eWIdhjt.png

Kitchen
5EDyeK5.png
lifHx3M.png
dVVe9ww.png

Basement
oYu1Sev.png
p6gHmmS.png
xR39tog.png

The upstairs bedroom
bWABmaZ.png
whRzYdK.png

The 2nd bedroom
ApnugDE.png
y4jzJGR.png
u7GUDWE.png

The Alchemy & Enchanting Room
Ms0ksGa.png
PiIyNOo.png
YJS3Zon.png
Etl80bq.png

Edit:
ChuckBbaguette made a good video of the home in this thread here:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371364/welcome-home#latest

Edited by Incognitius on September 19, 2017 6:38PM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing, thank you for sharing

I've changed my fireplace slightly since posting, I have a big dwarven pipe as the chimney breast now with a smaller pipe between the Hlaalu wall posts to hide the brackets that hang down from the nord shelves

I mainly did this so I could maybe build another fireplace one day if I buy another house, but your post is making me think maybe I should buy Velothi Harbour :dizzy:
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omggggg this is sooo awesome! This is the best version of this house I've seen so far! Great job!
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    I mainly did this so I could maybe build another fireplace one day if I buy another house, but your post is making me think maybe I should buy Velothi Harbour :dizzy:

You should! You can grab all the structure pieces in the garden to make more fireplaces. :disappointed:
    lasertooth wrote: »
    Omggggg this is sooo awesome! This is the best version of this house I've seen so far! Great job!

Thanks! ^^
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely wonderful - homely, yet mysterious and moody. The Alchemy & Enchanting Room is stunning.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    I got sucked in by the title Garden of Eden but there is no garden :(
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean the huge indoor garden I thought was pretty noticable
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job! You've given me some ideas for my Ald Velothi, which is largely finished. Just have the kitchen area, really.

I've always thought that the house is really cozy, and you've made that work to your advantage. Just curious what the fountain is that you've used, which I love your idea of having it be in three of the rooms!

Also, what did you do in the area with your banker? I don't recall an arch there or paneling/wood on the lower part of the wall.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ajm1946 wrote: »
    Awesome
    Thanks! :smiley:
    menedhyn wrote: »
    Absolutely wonderful - homely, yet mysterious and moody. The Alchemy & Enchanting Room is stunning.
    It's my favourite part too! ^^
    aliyavana wrote: »

Haha, yeah. First I had the outdoor garden, but the amount of slots that cost, made the inside a bit empty and boring, so I thought, why not bring the garden inside? Ever since seeing a video of Hetaira's Tel Galen, I wanted to have a home with the vegatation inside anyway. And I couldn't think of a better property than this one.
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Great job! You've given me some ideas for my Ald Velothi, which is largely finished. Just have the kitchen area, really.

I've always thought that the house is really cozy, and you've made that work to your advantage. Just curious what the fountain is that you've used, which I love your idea of having it be in three of the rooms!

Also, what did you do in the area with your banker? I don't recall an arch there or paneling/wood on the lower part of the wall.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm happy you enjoyed it!

The fountain is an achievement furniture item which you can buy from the achievement furniture vendor in Vivec City. Not sure which quests you need to have done though.
    It's purely accidental that it is in three rooms. I needed a place with a straight wall, and that was the best place I could find. After I placed it, I realized it clipped into the two rooms behind. :D So, I checked to so 'how bad' it was, and then decided that it looked actually pretty nice!

The banker is inside the stable that you usually have outside in the garden of this property. I saw that the banker of Vivec City also operates from this type of building with a counter in front of it, so I stole that idea. I just lowered it just enough so it doesn't clip in the boarding of the stairs.
  • ChuckBbaguette
    ChuckBbaguette
    ✭✭✭
    Your house will be ready in 1h30 .thx a lot for permission.

only one word Magic <3
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ajm1946 wrote: »
    Awesome
    Thanks! :smiley:
    menedhyn wrote: »
    It's my favourite part too! ^^
    aliyavana wrote: »

Haha, yeah. First I had the outdoor garden, but the amount of slots that cost, made the inside a bit empty and boring, so I thought, why not bring the garden inside? Ever since seeing a video of Hetaira's Tel Galen, I wanted to have a home with the vegatation inside anyway. And I couldn't think of a better property than this one.

Thanks for sharing!

I'm happy you enjoyed it!

The fountain is an achievement furniture item which you can buy from the achievement furniture vendor in Vivec City. Not sure which quests you need to have done though.
    It's purely accidental that it is in three rooms. I needed a place with a straight wall, and that was the best place I could find. After I placed it, I realized it clipped into the two rooms behind. :D So, I checked to so 'how bad' it was, and then decided that it looked actually pretty nice!

The banker is inside the stable that you usually have outside in the garden of this property. I saw that the banker of Vivec City also operates from this type of building with a counter in front of it, so I stole that idea. I just lowered it just enough so it doesn't clip in the boarding of the stairs.

Oh...I have all the MW achieves, but I haven't yet gone to the vendor to see what's for sale. I'll have to take a look! It's great that such a wonderful feature came about by accident - sometimes those are the best designs! :smiley:

Great idea using the stable - I would never have thought of that! Actually, most of the great things I see are repurposing of other items that I would never have thought to use in that way. Which is why I love looking at all the wonderful creations of fellow ESO players, as I'm not nearly as creative!
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your house will be ready in 1h30 .thx a lot for permission.

only one word Magic <3

Looking forward to it! Thank you for taking the time! ^^
    Oh...I have all the MW achieves, but I haven't yet gone to the vendor to see what's for sale. I'll have to take a look! It's great that such a wonderful feature came about by accident - sometimes those are the best designs! :smiley:

Great idea using the stable - I would never have thought of that! Actually, most of the great things I see are repurposing of other items that I would never have thought to use in that way. Which is why I love looking at all the wonderful creations of fellow ESO players, as I'm not nearly as creative!
    You should definitely check it out. Some of the items are a bit pricey, but there are really good pieces in there. I am also quite fond of the crystals.

And same for me! I'm not that creative myself, but I'm very good at research. So I check what others do and get inspired! :) And sometimes, completely by accident, I find something new that works. :D
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! That´s a really awesome work. I bet it was a long work until you finished it.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! That´s a really awesome work. I bet it was a long work until you finished it.

Thanks for the compliment. And the hours flew by when working on it. But yeah, it took a long time. :D

ChuckBbaguette made a good video of the home in this thread here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371364/welcome-home#latest
  • Barberu
    Barberu
    Soul Shriven
    How does one make the fireplace?

Or is it actually an housing item?
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barberu wrote: »
    How does one make the fireplace?

Or is it actually an housing item?

I'm going to forward you to this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/365467/decorating-hints-tips-ideas/p1

Check post #27, #56, #62, #82, #90 for some spectacular fireplaces and a description of how they were created. All these are made by using different pieces of furniture placed together.

The fireplace I made also contains certain furniture items, but these can only be used if you've bought this house or the Amya Lake Lodge, because they are pieces that you can steal from their gardens.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Beautiful work, @Incognitius!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful work, @Incognitius!