The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Noob question

ruikkarikun
ruikkarikun
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I'm realised I'm totally casual noob atm.

And I want to minimize my mistakes.

Can someone give advice maybe some good link guide or name and I will google it myself. I want to start PVE char which will most friendly for casual.
Edited by ruikkarikun on September 13, 2017 6:29PM
  • sabretalon
    sabretalon
    ✭✭
    They all sort of are! That is the way it is set up really.

Don't overthink it to start off. Spend time picking up crafting stuff as you are travelling between quests.

Don't be buying stuff!

You will get stuff for free either picked up or as a reward from quest. That will suit for levelling.

Do you intend to craft your own stuff? If so, decon everything you pick up and can't use. If you don't, then sell it all and use gold later to buy your stuff.

Level up via side quests as well. So do as many quests as you can in an area. Some side quests you pick up on route to another, pick them up as you may be able to do multiple in the same area.

By questing and not buying you will pick up quite a bit of gold, upgrade your backpack asap. You can carry more to either sell or decon.

Provision crafting can help but focus mainly on foods as the drinks for regen are not worth it really. Steal from some houses and you will start to get recipes if all else fails then a quick look at some guild traders for cheap recipes will sort you out.

Alchemy can help if only for health potions, water, columbine and mountain flower in early stages.

As to what class, it really comes down to your play style not ours.

I'm levelling a Nightblade at the moment, dual wield with bow on secondary. Gives options for range and in your face. I'm not focusing on skills, I have a ranged aoe and then switch to DW then jump in and hit them with pointy sticks.

Some prefer the safety net of self heals, so Templar is a good choice apparently.

What have you played before and what was your favourite character/class? That may help to advise.
    Xbox One EU servers

GamerID: Sabretalon

Also have it on PS4 but not my focus console

Casual play, explorer and altaholic. ESO+ member

• Aionari
    Aionari
    ✭✭
    Hi, I'm realised I'm totally casual noob atm.

And I want to minimize my mistakes.

Can someone give advice maybe some good link guide or name and I will google it myself. I want to start PVE char which will most friendly for casual.

If you plan to do crafting, you absolutely have to be ESO+ member, otherwise you are constantly out of bag space, with ESO+ membership you get bottomless craft reagent bag where all of the looted/harvested reagents go.

All but the starting planets drop varied Set armour/weapons ( http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Overland_Sets ), the starting zones will always drop only Training set gear for all slots, which will help you level faster and gain Skill XP faster (Weapon, armour and Class Skills).

Each zone has multiple Sky Shards which each award 1/3 skill point which will help you to unlock/morph new Skills.

Alcast has nice character builds which you can use to enhance your toon https://alcasthq.com

If you play on PC, you might be interested in Addons https://youtube.com/watch?v=X1RwEN0dROo
    Infernum aliud est populus!
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for reply
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One mistake o see newer player make is standing still going toe to toe with mobs. It's best to keep moving. Move around them and kite them regardless of being melee or ranged.

Heck, in dungeons I see dps just stand in the middle of mobs. Move around. The outside of them. It prevents getting stuck and when they do a heavy attack they ususalky lock on the durescrikn they were facing making it easier to avoid the heavier damage.