Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If you could only have one house...

Eatmyface
Eatmyface
✭✭✭
As the title suggests, if you could only have one house and gold / crowns wasn’t an issue for purchase. Which one do you choose and why?

Things to consider (a lot of which are largely subjective!!):

- Is it close to main & densely player-populated areas?
- Are there easily accessible merchants, crafting stations, etc.?
- Are the guild traders in this area well stocked / considered higher tier?
- Do you like the landscape? Why? Hugely subjective but still important.
- Is it a start or end game location? I.e. You might hate having to go back to an area you cleared on day 3, which now offers nothing more to you. It might also be somewhere you can farm rare sets for personal use/sale or is the start/finish point for dailies you do religiously (E.g. Craglorn houses - proximity to Belkarth for daily writs, Linchal GM for DB dailies, etc.). Though teleporting negates this, I find a lot of people still find it important.

Exterior
- Space – is there too much or not enough?
- Structures – existing stables, barns, towers, balcony’s, etc.?

Interior
- Space – too much / not enough?
- Rooms – enough to satisfy needs (e.g. kitchens, bedrooms, cellars, ), or too many to aptly fit out on the current item limit?

Though the current item limit isn’t sufficient for 9/10 people, let’s run on the assumption that it will be increased at some stage in the hopefully not-so-distant future!

One house that poses a good argument for a lot of the above points is Sleek Creek in Rawl-Kha.

Here's an opportunity to tell everyone why they should get your favourite house ;)
Edited by Eatmyface on September 10, 2017 11:32PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im probably not the best person to ask

i have at least 1 home per zone on my main account

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    easy, the khajiit style manor (serenity falls?) It's my favorite house style and has its own water. It's also big enough for me to play with decorating it if it's going to be my only house
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd just cry and give up the game in despair....I have every house in the base game and could not choose just one to keep.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like Puffy above, I'm a wring person to ask because I own most of the houses in game :P and I refuse to chose between them, but that said... my favorite house in the game still - in terms of its appearance and decorating and everything else is just gravy - is still Velothi reverie. I adore its layout and overall look
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sisters of the Sands Inn Room in Sentinel, too convenient to do without. Merchant that repairs, bank across the way, two lockboxes close to the room door, outlaw refuge with great layout by running upstairs and out the side inn exit, not far from shrine, beach zombie camp a sprint away, tons of nodes in the area and easy town to pickpocket fast. Amusing RPers often in the inn main area.

Also warm on khajit paws lol.
    Edited by buttaface on September 11, 2017 5:30AM
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    n318eFX.jpg
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tel Galen is the only anwer for me. ;)
  • MighTyx
    MighTyx
    ✭✭✭
    I knew Hunding's Palatial Hall was the one for me with the release of homestead. I'd still pick it today as my main for both its spacious exterior and interior to get creative with. I think it easily rivals the Large homes but it's cheaper and the space is balanced out nicely. No area is too small or too huge, yet it has it's own private beach and water that you can build on.
    Amaya Lake lodge is also very nice and Linchal Grand Manor would be the main contender for me because of its great exterior and courtyard, though that's crowns only.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strident Springs was my favourite house when Homestead launched, and still is.

It has everything:

- Large, non-claustrophobic garden
    - Water
    - Watchtower
    - Seperate rooms inside the house
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll tell you which is my one and only house when I've bought and decorated all the others, and when ZO$ have raised the item limit.

So don't hold your breath...

(Actually, this thread should be a poll.)

Edited by Aurie on September 11, 2017 2:17PM
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Sleek Creek House, location, best merchants, water and gardens. Here is a peek inside The Gardens of Dusk and Dawn. tSzuC32.png
    Edited by Dystopia2020 on September 11, 2017 9:36PM
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tel Galen. Why? It is the only Telvanni house. This makes it the only house the matters.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner