The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Replacement for Dressing Room?

ookami007
ookami007
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to be able to swap gear/skill sets. I tried Dressing room and it looks like it SHOULD work great, but it doesn't reliably swap. It looks outdated so I was wondering if there is another Addon that will do the same thing.

Anyone know of a addon that will allow me to swap gear and skill sets at the same time? So basically, have a PvP and a PvE setup and be able to swap between? Or a tank and DPS setup?

Thank you.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to swap in combat? Dressing room works fine for me.

edit: you might need this http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1490-DressingRoomUpdate12AbilityFixupTool.html
    Edited by ecru on September 9, 2017 5:45AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

edit: you might need this http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1490-DressingRoomUpdate12AbilityFixupTool.html

That update is deprecated since the original mod has been updated itself.

OP keep in mind you must not be in combat to switch stuff, and you must change bars in order to swap out your secondary bar as well. Remember to always do that before you enter combat or you will only have half completed your swap.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »
    I want to be able to swap gear/skill sets. I tried Dressing room and it looks like it SHOULD work great, but it doesn't reliably swap. It looks outdated so I was wondering if there is another Addon that will do the same thing.

Anyone know of a addon that will allow me to swap gear and skill sets at the same time? So basically, have a PvP and a PvE setup and be able to swap between? Or a tank and DPS setup?

Thank you.

Dressing Room lets you do that. Just not in combat (but no addon whatsoever will let you swap in combat, that's API limitation).
    There are only two situations where Dressing Room will not swap reliably :
    - You are in combat
    - You use the same item in different slots in two different saved sets (i.e. a sword for your DW setup and the same sword in the other hand for your S&B setup).

Otherwise Dressing Room works 100% fine.

ecru wrote: »

That addon just fixed some change of logic in IDs that ZOS implemented in some update. If you saved your setups after the update, the fix was not needed. Which means, it is not needed now.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 9, 2017 5:08PM
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, I tried this multiple times while NOT in combat. In fact, I was standing in the bank in Gold Coast where I had just taken my second set out.

I will try it again.
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that the non-activated bar won't swap until you move to it when you use the left side button. If you use just the right side skill bar button it will only swap skills on the bar you have active at that time and not the other.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dressing Room works like a charm, unless you've removed part of a set combo from your inventory or try to use it in combat.

Bear a few things in mind:
    1. Make sure you're using the most updated version. You may even want to reinstall, in case it's become corrupt.
    2. Use the buttons on the right to swap only one skill bar (active one) or gear set.
    3. Use the button on the left (Set 1, Set 4, etc.) to swap everything at once. You'll have to bar swap to get the second skillset to take.
    4. You can keybind the last option to hotkeys, as well. You can also rename the sets to a more useful descriptive.

Make sure if you've swapped out a single piece for a better trait, different enchant, that you re-save the gearset. It's only as good as they information you provide it.

100x better than Wykkyd's Outfitter/Macros combo, imo.
    Meetre wrote: »
    I have noticed that the non-activated bar won't swap until you move to it when you use the left side button. If you use just the right side skill bar button it will only swap skills on the bar you have active at that time and not the other.
    @Meetre , that's kind of a built in "saftey," (Can't pierce armor with a restro staff, it turns out.) You can disable that restriction in the settings, if you choose.

I'd recommend, instead, so simple expand the number of rows/columns for multiple skill load-outs for different scenarios.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on September 15, 2017 11:03AM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use AlphaGear and am very pleased with it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    "Alpha Gears Lives" is a continuation of the original "Alpha Gear," and it works well for me.