The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A question for Fury set users.

silver1surfer69
silver1surfer69
✭✭✭✭
Can somebody who has combat metrics add on installed check a fight log, best a duel and a cyro fight, with what percentage the different fury buffs are active (1x fury, 2x fury and so on). This is found in Buff/Debuff part of the sheet (mid-right). Is maximum fury active at all and with what percentage or what is max fury buff active. Thank you very much.
PC/EU
Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar

Best Answer

• silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok, got me a fury set and tested it myself.

No wonder, when you run with your group into a zerg, it fills up pretty good and quick, so that the max possible fury buff is active after some seconds.

The important question for me was, how are the values in 1v1. Are they decent, so it can be considered for 1v1 too.

No, pretty dissapointing. Max fury buff was 5-10 and this was active 2-5% of the fight (wheras wrath 20x is up for 50-70% of the fight, what was surprising to me when i discovered that). Would be interesting what is the case in small scale pvp eg Battlegrounds, but i dont know if i will test this.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
    Answer ✓
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat metrics for a PvP situation is mostly useless, as long as your time your combos when your weapon damage is high, the set is worth. If the real uptime is high or low is not that big of a deal, at least on PC where you have addons that show your current weapon damage in the screen.
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Combat metrics for a PvP situation is mostly useless, as long as your time your combos when your weapon damage is high, the set is worth. If the real uptime is high or low is not that big of a deal, at least on PC where you have addons that show your current weapon damage in the screen.

ok what dmg addition it shows from fury in your case?
    PC/EU
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what kind of response are you expecting, Fury can add up to 750 weapon damage. In a 1v1 you probably won't ever reach that cap (specially if the enemy knows that you are wearing fury), but in openworld when multiple people hitting you with attacks, dots, ground aoe, etc is not that hard to get. Also you don't even need to get the max stack of fury for the set to be worth, sets like hundings adds 300 weapon damage, you can easily get more than that with Fury with just 1 guy hitting you.
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 8, 2017 6:21PM
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know what kind of response are you expecting, Fury can add up to 750 weapon damage. In a 1v1 you probably won't ever reach that cap (specially if the enemy knows that you are wearing fury), but in openworld when multiple people hitting you with attacks, dots, ground aoe, etc is not that hard to get. Also you don't even need to get the max stack of fury for the set to be worth, sets like hundings adds 300 weapon damage, you can easily get more than that with Fury with just 1 guy hitting you.

I would like to know the numbers as described in the question above, ty.
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on September 10, 2017 5:27PM
    PC/EU
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1v1 in a CP campaign it is very easy to reach the damage cap assuming that they are light attack weaving on their defensive bar. Most people have crit rates close to 50% and you will be tagged with something that will prolong the fury timer.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use mitigationpercent addon, it has a function to display your current sp/physical damage on screen (also sp/physical resistance / penetration are toggle-able)
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    Is Fury, hide, and bloodspawn still the go to build for stam dk?
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    leem1988 wrote: »

i use only werewolf hide of the three
    PC/EU
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you pair with it?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    7th is a lot better than fury imo.

I used fury a lot, but the uptime isn't great because even though you require to be outnumbered to really benefit, loss is important too. So it drops off a lot.

7th can then proc instantly when you enter battle again. Plus it doesn't require to be critted. Plus it heals which can proc things like troll king, Maturation passive etc. Yeh, there's a healthy recovery in there, but that's whatever. It has no cooldown either (except 1 seconds gcd) which means in theory you could get healed continuously. Unlikely, but possible.

Tried both a lot, I much prefer 7th. Weapons are a lot easier to get too.

If you're on a stamplar, ravager is better than both imo.

With the change to fossilize next patch, truth could be really nice one a dk.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 20, 2017 6:05PM
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

What do you pair with it?

To be honest i run bloodspawn now. I ran tremorscale for a very long time but changed to bloodspawn now, but im not using wwhide any more right now. I put a lot of time, farming and testing into my gear and my dreamsetup is at the moment 5x Torugs Pact, 5x Bone Pirate Tatters and 2x Bloodspawn.
    PC/EU
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would knight errent do well? Im working in my dk
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I read this as " Question for Furry set users "

:D
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would knight errent do well? Im working in my dk

Only if you're running double sword and shield.
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    I read this as " Question for Furry set users "

:D

Did that as well, clicked because I thought it was some sort of joke

Argonian masterrace
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried Fury: in BGs and Cyro I seem to generate as much damage whilst being tankier...not bad me say ;)
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Tried Fury: in BGs and Cyro I seem to generate as much damage whilst being tankier...not bad me say ;)

thx for ur answer. this set was changed. it now gives the buff faster (no crit needed). cheers
    PC/EU