Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PC users - which Cherry MX switches do you prefer to use for ESO?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
The title is the question. :)
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the silent Corsair keyboard which I believe are quiet cherry red?

It's smooth enough for me to game with and enough resistance for typing.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I wish that I could use Cherry MX switches, but I need an ergonomic keyboard (issues with carpal tunnel), and to the best of my knowledge, no ergo keyboard has them. Does anyone know if such a thing exists?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like a heavy switch for everything. I used to use blues but I changed to greens a year or so ago. I love the clack :)
    PC | EU
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blues of course. Clickity-clack! :smile:
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Romer-G switches (G810 keyboard) actually, and I find them super comfortable. They're really smooth for gaming, and take a little bit of getting used to when typing. But I would not want to go back to MX now that I've used them for a while. They're not for you if you like hard clicks and strong feedback, I suppose they're closest to brown switches that way.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I have the silent Corsair keyboard which I believe are quiet cherry red?

It's smooth enough for me to game with and enough resistance for typing.

I'm using the old style Cherry reds - they are really horrible for typing with. I heard lots of good things about browns and blues for MMOs.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    Brown.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brown. They're good for typing and gaming, and they don't have the annoying clack.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish that I could use Cherry MX switches, but I need an ergonomic keyboard (issues with carpal tunnel), and to the best of my knowledge, no ergo keyboard has them. Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

@TheNorthernDragon
    Came across this keyboard on Kickstarter today and remembered your comment:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1917596122/x-bows-mechanical-ergonomic-keyboard?
    Maybe it's something for you? :)

After a quick Google search I also stumbled upon this one: https://www.kinesis-ergo.com/shop/advantage2/
    But geez, there's really not that many ergonomical/mechanical ones out there! And the ones that are, are pretty expensive.. :S
    Edited by Saturnana on September 17, 2017 9:48AM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »

@TheNorthernDragon
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1917596122/x-bows-mechanical-ergonomic-keyboard?

After a quick Google search I also stumbled upon this one: https://www.kinesis-ergo.com/shop/advantage2/
    But geez, there's really not that many ergonomical/mechanical ones out there! And the ones that are, are pretty expensive.. :S

@Insane
    Many thanks for your help! That board on Kickstarter looks particularly interesting, even though it's at the top of my price range, and I'd never heard of it before. I'll let you know what I'm going to get when the time comes.

Again, thanks for your help! You've proven than this forum can really live up to its name.
    Edited by TheNorthernDragon on September 17, 2017 6:26PM
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »

@TheNorthernDragon

@Insane
    Many thanks for your help! That board on Kickstarter looks particularly interesting, even though it's at the top of my price range, and I'd never heard of it before. I'll let you know what I'm going to get when the time comes.

Again, thanks for your help! You've proven than this forum can really live up to its name.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I could help, and hope you find what you need! :)
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

- Sheogorath